FM6 Forza Motorsport: Apex Leaves Beta, Wheel Support List Revealed

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza 6 Apex Wheel Support.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have revealed a provisional list of supported wheels for the newly out of Beta Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, and the forthcoming Forza Horizon 3 game.

Although initially pretty light on the number of supported wheels for both games, Turn 10 have announced additional wheels will be added to the list by the end of September, including the conspicuously absent Fanatec brand.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex has been updated and wheel support added today, the update download is available now via the Windows 10 Store page for the game. Sadly H-pattern gear shifter support has not been added as yet for all wheel manufacturers, with Turn 10 stating "H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future."

The studio expect a further update beginning late September will bring support for Fanatec ClubSport V2, Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Fanatec H-patten support will hopefully be included in the future, however no comment has been forthcoming on this subject by Turn 10.

Full list of supported wheels for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 can be seen below:
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300RS
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Check out the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 sub forums here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions regarding these sims.

Are you happy to see wheel support finally added to Apex? Will this update tempt you to try the sim if you haven't already? Tried the update yet, does wheel support improve the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Support for the Fanatec wheel will come later, but rumors are that they will only support one peripheral. So unless your pedals / shifters are connected to the wheelbase, don't expect them to work. (like in Sebastien Loeb rally)
And this is exactly why i uninstalled Sebastian loeb rally months ago and never looked back. As mich as i like forza, this might end up in the same boat

Was just wondering if they'd performed any optimisation on this title at all yet?
Do you still need a 1070/80 GPU and 16GB system RAM to run it at max settings?
They must have worked on optimization, the new version runs MUCH better for me - holds a steady 60 FPS and looks fantastic at 2560x1440 (GTX980).
My TX w/T3PA pedals work very good - much different game than with a gamepad.
Does it have the best physics, FFB, customizations, ... no, but for what it does it does pretty darn good for the first PC release of an FM game. It wont' replace my more serious sims but it also is better than those at atmosphere and for a fun change of pace.
Driving the Corvette GTLM in a night Sebring race was fun, sounded good, and looked fantastic.

Last edited:
They certainly didn't feel the same on the Xbox One so its hard to imagine they do on the PC version. I can't compare right now though since Apex doesn't support the Fanatec CSW v2 yet.
All the cars don't feel the same. Had a blast with the GTLM Corvette on Sebring, felt fairly heavy and pretty connected to the road. A MINI race felt totally different as did a race with the Audi R18. Again, I'm not saying it's the best physics but it's fun. The price was right also :D
I don't know why many expect every game to excel in every department. I have most every racing game there is and I like every one of them for what they do good.
I'll even buy Forza Horizon 3 as I have a couple of this type of a change of pace. If the wheel feels this good in FH3 I'll be very happy.
All my sims don't need to feel like rF2.

To Fanatec owners (at least CSW/CSR/Porsche): You can always install Logitech drivers and run the wheel in Logitech emulation mode (PS3). It should then pretend to be a G27 enough to trick Forza Apex.

Genius! Thanks for the reminder. I forgot all about PS3 mode on the CSW. I can play apex now with a wheel and FFB. Thanks!

Question...

Every time game has an update, do i need to download / install all the game again, or it will download only what was changed / fixed ( similar how Steam works )? Sorry for the noob question, but i never used Windows store before.

Question...

Every time game has an update, do i need to download / install all the game again, or it will download only what was changed / fixed ( similar how Steam works )? Sorry for the noob question, but i never used Windows store before.
I believe updates should happen automatically, though I don't use the Windows store much.
APEX v2.5 automatically installed for me - I actually thought I needed to trigger an update but once I checked (help menu) I saw the it was already updated.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back