FM6 Forza Motorsport: Apex Leaves Beta, Wheel Support List Revealed

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Forza 6 Apex Wheel Support.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have revealed a provisional list of supported wheels for the newly out of Beta Forza Motorsport 6: Apex, and the forthcoming Forza Horizon 3 game.

Although initially pretty light on the number of supported wheels for both games, Turn 10 have announced additional wheels will be added to the list by the end of September, including the conspicuously absent Fanatec brand.

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex has been updated and wheel support added today, the update download is available now via the Windows 10 Store page for the game. Sadly H-pattern gear shifter support has not been added as yet for all wheel manufacturers, with Turn 10 stating "H-pattern shifters are fully supported in Apex for all Logitech wheels listed above, except for the G29, which will be added at a later date. We will be adding additional support for H-pattern shifters from other manufacturers in the future."

The studio expect a further update beginning late September will bring support for Fanatec ClubSport V2, Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models. Fanatec H-patten support will hopefully be included in the future, however no comment has been forthcoming on this subject by Turn 10.

Full list of supported wheels for Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 can be seen below:
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300RS
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Check out the Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3 sub forums here at RaceDepartment for more news and discussions regarding these sims.

Are you happy to see wheel support finally added to Apex? Will this update tempt you to try the sim if you haven't already? Tried the update yet, does wheel support improve the game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Can anyone tell, if some of the updates added FOV settings? While wheel support is great addition, one I have been waiting for, I can't imagine playing it with default FOV, though.

Well, no, FOV is still not adjustable and the default must be something like 90 deg, so it is very annoying to drive, when you are used to correct FOV.

Hope you get it working Jim - it's a blast with the T300! :ninja:
Can't get if you meant to be sarcastic or you're being serious... It's more like a placeholder to keep some mouths shut, I went back to the controller instead after trying it with the T300. Floaty, dampened, indirect and completely artificial. :(

I don't have an option / button to install this game, like some reported in this thread, as well. I'm in Portugal and have W10 Anniversary update installed.
What a mess of game / update / store...

I'm using the TX wheel and to me the FFB does feel better on PC than it does on the Xbone version, but that isn't saying much. Adding the center spring and sensitivity slider helps a lot, and I'll even say this FFB feels slightly better than Project Cars, which is isn't saying much either. But now that I'm actually playing Apex, I realized there is no upgrading of cars...... I really wanted to like this :-(

Support for the Fanatec wheel will come later, but rumors are that they will only support one peripheral. So unless your pedals / shifters are connected to the wheelbase, don't expect them to work. (like in Sebastien Loeb rally)
So they're dipping their toe in the PC market pool and not even bothering to check the options of other racing titles?
One item only. Well that's strikes two and three right there. No point in downloading it at all even when they support the CSW V1...I'm not going to swap the connectors in and out of my V1 and PC USB knackering both in the process for a title I'm only marginally curious about...

Last edited:
Personally i don't really care about Forza Apex, but the wheel support also applies to Forza Horizon 3.

FH3 is a game i would really love to play on the PC, preferably in VR with full support of all my race peripherals

Try 540 degrees on TM profile. It gets better but still not good at all. I guess its ffb and physics related. Too much lift off
oversteer. Grip seems to work like a switch and no clue on ffb of what is happening when slidding.

Try 540 degrees on TM profile. It gets better but still not good at all. I guess its ffb and physics related. Too much lift off
oversteer. Grip seems to work like a switch and no clue on ffb of what is happening when slidding.
Forza has always been about excessive oversteer, nothing new there :)

I have a T300 and CSR Elite Pedals, Can i use both of them Controllers or does APEX not support separate Wheel and Pedals?

Same setup here, is something like the Basherboards CPX going to be necessary for this kind of setup? Not sure I'd bother just for Forza Apex, but if Forza 7 comes to PC and still has this limitation, it's something I'd consider.

I'm assuming Forza Horizon 3 also will have this limitaiton, which would drop it off my "Maybe buy" list...

• ronniej

I gave it a go when I first tried Windows 10.......I don't think wheel support for 1 simcade Xbox game will convince me to put that virus of an operating system back on my hardware at this moment in time.

I gave it a go when I first tried Windows 10.......I don't think wheel support for 1 simcade Xbox game will convince me to put that virus of an operating system back on my hardware at this moment in time.

I prefer Windows 10 to Windows 7 & 8 personally, just turned off all the telemetry options that send to data to Microsoft...

Guys do you have on the assists,steering in normal or simulation setting?I found normal works better for me!
This was true on console version as well. For some cars normal steering is better and more natural, for others normal steering feels assisted. For example, the 458 Italia requires normal steering due to horrendous physics, the C7 Vette and Lamborghini Aventador drive well with simulation.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back