FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - New PC Footage Revealed

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Turn 10 Studios have revealed the first footage of new title Forza Motorsport 6: Apex in the form of a short teaser video and a limited number of in game screenshots.

Notable for being the first attempt at engaging with the PC racing marketplace, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is due to contain a slimmed down feature set and content from its console brothers with 63 cars available to race across 6 locations and 20 track variations.

Forza 6 Apex Onboard.png

Available 'free to play' for Windows 10 users, FM6: Apex is an interesting idea that faces stiff competition in the already well established PC racing scene.

The newly revealed images admittedly look graphically well advanced and should offer plenty of eye candy for racers with a keen interest in the visual appeal of their racing games. How Turn 10 plan to translate the physics of the vehicles in game is yet to be revealed, will the studio aim to simply recreate the console version of the title or do they plan to offer something more detailed for a marketplace brought up on the more "hardcore" side of the virtual racing scene?

Forza 6 Apex Race Grid.png

Many questions remain yet to be answered with this surprise new PC title, it will be very interesting to keep tabs on the progress of FM6: Apex and see if Microsoft can make a significant impact in this wonderful sim racing community we are all a part of.

Forza 6 Menu.png

I will be very interested to see how progress develops with this title, stay tuned to RaceDepartment for all the latest news and reviews in the coming months.

Do you plan to check of FM6: Apex when its released? Will the announcement of the title encourage you to move over to Windows 10? Do you think the Forza series can make a serious impact on PC gamers? Lets discuss below!

Last edited:
I guess without wheel support I wont install this or Windows 10 on my dedicated racing rig, I will test it out, run a few cars on my main desktop (with an Xbox One controller) followed by a swift uninstall and leave it at that.

Sorry Microsoft, bring an ungimped version to either Steam of GoG and you've got a sale.

I don't know much about details of how Windows 7 and 10 works, but I wounder if it will be possible to somehow run it on 7

The game will be distributed through Microsoft's proprietary "app" store which is only available on Windows 8 and 10, but the game should be a Windows 10 exclusive to get people to migrate over to it (they are after that sweet, sweet revenue from selling you data).

<mod-edit: snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
If there had been wheel support, then I would of loved to have tried Forza on the PC. I've always wanted to see how the physics engine feels with a wheel and ffb. Without that, then no, I wouldn't install Win10 to try it :-(.

forza 4 was already able to run triple screen and wheel, shifter handbrake and pedals on xbox ( with 3xbox and 3 games lol) but I played it with my triple 55 inch tv and my rig and it was fun. impossible for this game to be without theses options

forza 4 was already able to run triple screen and wheel, shifter handbrake and pedals on xbox ( with 3xbox and 3 games lol) but I played it with my triple 55 inch tv and my rig and it was fun. impossible for this game to be without theses options

Damn, that's an expensive way to play a game. I use to marvel at those setups in my console peasant days.

Man this whole no-wheel support thing is really leading it's own life now eh :) Visited a steeringwheel manufacturer last Monday that said the complete opposite :) Ill contact them again this week to see if I can quote them on the record.

I am more shocked why again people that have zero driving skills are allowed to preview such games. Turn10 do send us a copy please.

Man this whole no-wheel support thing is really leading it's own life now eh :) Visited a steeringwheel manufacturer last Monday that said the complete opposite :) Ill contact them again this week to see if I can quote them on the record.

I am more shocked why again people that have zero driving skills are allowed to preview such games. Turn10 do send us a copy please.

Very true. They send copies to the likes of Polygon and Kotaku and other gaming abortions that play with a controller for a few hours and never properly experience the game, but fail to allow dedicated virtual racing websites to get their hands on an early copy. If Microsoft and Turn 10 did what Codemasters did with Dirt Rally (scoured the forums for people opinions) then they'd have a better understanding of the games customer base.

The game will be distributed through Microsoft's proprietary "app" store which is only available on Windows 8 and 10, but the game should be a Windows 10 exclusive to get people to migrate over to it (they are after that sweet, sweet revenue from selling you data).

I believe extraction should not be a problem thanx to known sources and Russians, the question is if it will be difficult to make software run on 7?

I only have a PC and my DFGT though!! My son has an Xbox and Forza 4 I think, but we don't have a wheel for the Xbox, so I could never try it!! I hate playing any driving sim with a pad!! Even Race Pro was boring with a pad!! :)

Since "Next Gen" has been around since 2014, I think it's safe to say that we can start calling it "Current Gen".

I don't think you should call it a Current Gen, even Assetto Corsa & PCAR's running in DX11 but this is the first time you'll get a DX12-powered Racing Game running on PC. So its safe to say its "NEXGEN" for now - heck, the game's not out yet anyways.

EDIT: as far as I know, in the PC - there's no DX12-powered Racing Game there yet and so far its only FM6 APEX is set to be released this Spring 2016 which has this technology, so it is NEXGEN, at least for the Racing Games in the PC.

That's actually an advantage in Forza (no skills). You need to channel your inner Justin Bieber to play this game properly.

I don't think you should call it a Current Gen, even Assetto Corsa & PCAR's running in DX11 but this is the first time you'll get a DX12-powered Racing Game running on PC. So its safe to say its "NEXGEN" for now - heck, the game's not out yet anyways.

EDIT: as far as I know, in the PC - there's no DX12-powered Racing Game there yet and so far its only FM6 APEX is set to be released this Spring 2016 which has this technology, so it is NEXGEN, at least for the Racing Games in the PC.

Well, there you go. When I hear "Next Gen" it's always in reference to the current batch of consoles, however it appears DX12 is actually the next generation, not a 2 year old gaming console itself.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back