FM6 Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - New PC Footage Revealed

Forza Motorsport 6 (Turn 10 Studios)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Turn 10 Studios have revealed the first footage of new title Forza Motorsport 6: Apex in the form of a short teaser video and a limited number of in game screenshots.

Notable for being the first attempt at engaging with the PC racing marketplace, Forza Motorsport 6: Apex is due to contain a slimmed down feature set and content from its console brothers with 63 cars available to race across 6 locations and 20 track variations.

Forza 6 Apex Onboard.png

Available 'free to play' for Windows 10 users, FM6: Apex is an interesting idea that faces stiff competition in the already well established PC racing scene.

The newly revealed images admittedly look graphically well advanced and should offer plenty of eye candy for racers with a keen interest in the visual appeal of their racing games. How Turn 10 plan to translate the physics of the vehicles in game is yet to be revealed, will the studio aim to simply recreate the console version of the title or do they plan to offer something more detailed for a marketplace brought up on the more "hardcore" side of the virtual racing scene?

Forza 6 Apex Race Grid.png

Many questions remain yet to be answered with this surprise new PC title, it will be very interesting to keep tabs on the progress of FM6: Apex and see if Microsoft can make a significant impact in this wonderful sim racing community we are all a part of.

Forza 6 Menu.png

I will be very interested to see how progress develops with this title, stay tuned to RaceDepartment for all the latest news and reviews in the coming months.

Do you plan to check of FM6: Apex when its released? Will the announcement of the title encourage you to move over to Windows 10? Do you think the Forza series can make a serious impact on PC gamers? Lets discuss below!

Last edited:
Aren't these the screens posted by some leaker on Twitter? Graphics looked weird because he forced 900p on an 1080p screen to have enough resources for his screen recording software, that's what he explained to me after I tweeted him.

I tried Forza 6 demo the other day on me Xbone, it was so difficult to get used to a controller for driving after using a wheel for so long on the PC :confused:
So I'm hoping wheel support comes with this Apex launch asap

Hmmm...I smell both competition with and inspiration from a certain Italian game company...

Now, let's test Turn10's logic shall we?

1. Imitate said Italian game developer by releasing a paired down version of the game with almost the same number of cars and tracks for PC...
2...But only release on the latest Windows version, by no means the most popular or stable for gameplay.

:poop:

As for the poll, I voted no because I've already got it installed. I had my fair share of issues with Windows 10 that I'm sure would've caused a lot of frustration with less tech-savy users but admittedly I still wouldn't want to go back to Windows 7 anymore.

As for Forza 6 Apex, I love that Forza is coming to PC now, and while it's not on the level of simulation I'm used to it's still a very enjoyable game -- but of course the whole Windows Store/UWP situation is less than desirable for gamers right now with pretty negative implications for PC gaming. I wouldn't give it a shot if it weren't free to try, supporting MSFT with money and showing that the closed Windows Store "works" for them. If they don't step up their game and open the platform up I just won't support them, there's other games to play.

will the studio aim to simply recreate the console version of the title

Of course they will.

The demographic for Forza is not, nor ever will be aimed at true sim racers. Forza is a pick up and play game designed to be equally accessible to the most casual of players using controllers, while providing a "simulation-esque" difficulty feel for both controller and wheel users alike. That's why the term simcade was originally coined. Not truly arcade, not truly a simulation.

Realistically If Turn 10 actually turned Forza into a true sim, they'd lose the vast majority of it's user base. Simply because it's going to finally be playable on PC sadly doesn't mean it will suddenly become the hardcore sim some of us have always wanted it to be.

Ugh, still no thanks for the Forza 6 Apex on PC. I would rather play it on the XONE than on the PC with watered down features and for free. And I do expect here for more DLC microtransactions which I really rage-quit on that game. How shameful MS.

And I do expect here for more DLC microtransactions which I really rage-quit on that game. How shameful MS.
So you don't really know if there's going to be microtransactions for forza 6 apex on pc, but you're still gonna make the conclusion and judge microsoft harshly because of it.... what?? For something that didn't happen and there wasn't any indication anywhere there's going to be microtransactions.
Everything points to just less features and content for forza 6 apex.
This is a tech demo for microsoft, for windows10 (promotion for it), for directx12, for windows store. Absolutely 0 indications that there will be microtransactions for this game in specific, your harsh judgement is based on other games from other situations.

So you don't really know if there's going to be microtransactions for forza 6 apex on pc, but you're still gonna make the conclusion and judge microsoft harshly because of it.... what?? For something that didn't happen and there wasn't any indication anywhere there's going to be microtransactions.
Everything points to just less features and content for forza 6 apex.
This is a tech demo for microsoft, for windows10 (promotion for it), for directx12, for windows store. Absolutely 0 indications that there will be microtransactions for this game in specific, your harsh judgement is based on other games from other situations.

Well I don't know, only Microsoft knows if they would include that in the future. For now, I'll stick to other racing games that'll keep me busy until MS announces a new Forza game for the PC.

And even if I upgrade to a Windows 10, still I won't get it even its free.

I already have Windows 10 installed, my experience of it has been mostly positive, the UI is much cleaner and nicer than Windows 7 or 8 and I've actually had less problems getting older games running than on Windows 8.1!

I'll give this game a go, though would have preferred the full Forza 6 product, even at full price. It's a different sort of product from more serious sims like R3E, AC etc., but I've had a go on the console version at a friend's house, and it's still good fun

I am looking forward to this, even though I already have Forza 6 on Xbox One with a Thrustmaster TX wheel, T500RS pedals and a TH8A shifter. I would be in heaven if the game supports triple screen resolutions and my T300RS wheel, MPPC Simpedals and Thrustmaster THR8S shifters.

Same here. Even though I doubt I will play it for long without wheel support.
Why would one not support wheels in a PC racing game anyways?
The way I look at it, they could wait for further development or release early; they chose to release early. I have a hard time believing they would even attempt to release on the PC without a plan to develop a more complete game. Forza has a good reputation on the consoles (with wheel support), it wouldn't make any sense to hurt their image with a severely limited PC version. T10 is not a small developer, if they truly want to go after a market they are very capable. And on the PC they the hardware is much more scalable than the consoles, maybe they will surprise.
I have enough sims to keep me busy, I'm in no hurry to add another game. But, I have no reason to turn my back on this either. It will be what it will be on first release, who knows down the road. I welcome another racing game, why not. At some point it may actually pan out to be worth more time than some of my current sims (not holding my breath though).

A lot of short sighted opinions....

"It doesn't have wheel support..." at launch yes, but will obviously in the future.

"Controllers are a stupid way to drive a car..." have you tried the XB1 controller and it's haptic rumble triggers? It's the best gamepad racing to date.

"It looks like crap in the youtube clip..." someone has already showed in this thread that it's a leak and non-official video with a wonky resolution and a newb at the wheel, pardon me, gamepad. Who picks the Top Gear track in the rain to show off a game anyways?

"It doesn't have all the tracks, cars, or features I want..." anyone ever hear about Gran Turismo 5 Prologue? Or hear of Steam Early Access titles like Dirt Rally, Assetto Corsa, etc? And that you had to pay upfront for those buggy messes of a sim? M$ is giving Apex away for free on Win10 with potentially more polish than any of those titles.

"Forza is for casuals and has a low resolution physics engine..." what Turn 10 was able to squeeze out of a closed console system is nothing short of amazing. And now those guys are let loose on full gaming PCs? M$ has officially said they are committed to bringing ALL future Forza content to Win10...this is merely the beginning.

"Windows 10 is the end of the free world as we know it..." I think that's a convo better discussed on a OS forum.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 272 13.5%