Forza Horizon 5 | News

Andrew did you get FFB to work on FH4 with the SC2? I have emuwheel and everything set up properly, it detects the FFB device "simucube" but in game, I get no FFB at all. Seems a lot of people are in the same boat with it. I have SC1 and most of the HE gear you have also so setups are very comparable. I don't even mind driving around without FFB as I can get some wheel feel with the Simucube software but some sort of wheel resistance would be great if I can get it. I was hoping FH5 would improve things, sounds like you're getting FFB with your gear. Just hope that translates over to my system, with FH4 it doesn't seem to have.

• Deleted member 197115

Andrew did you get FFB to work on FH4 with the SC2? I have emuwheel and everything set up properly, it detects the FFB device "simucube" but in game, I get no FFB at all. Seems a lot of people are in the same boat with it. I have SC1 and most of the HE gear you have also so setups are very comparable. I don't even mind driving around without FFB as I can get some wheel feel with the Simucube software but some sort of wheel resistance would be great if I can get it. I was hoping FH5 would improve things, sounds like you're getting FFB with your gear. Just hope that translates over to my system, with FH4 it doesn't seem to have.
It was long time ago with OSW, but yeah it worked, FFB was junk though, FM7 much, much better. FH5 is actually quite an improvement over FH4, see if you find any of my posts here useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the game unfortunately, there is a major exposure issue, when in driver view.
See for yourself, and yes I have the latest nividia drivers installed.
The screens where taken at the beach road sitting still cycling the views. The in car driver view is a complete washout, how could the play testers miss this!

Attachments

• Forza 5.jpg
    Forza 5.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 82
  • Forza 5-1.jpg
    Forza 5-1.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 77
  • Deleted member 197115

I just got the game unfortunately, there is a major exposure issue, when in driver view.
See for yourself, and yes I have the latest nividia drivers installed.
The screens where taken at the beach road sitting still cycling the views. The in car driver view is a complete washout, how could the play testers miss this!
Turn off Resolution Scale adjustment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Startup seems OK for me, but I purchased from Steam. It is crashing randomly during cut scenes though. Or at transition points of a particular event (like when there is an objective, and you accomplish the objective, it sometimes crashes). Up to now it's been quite random, and a reload usually lets me go further. But now I'm stuck at the same point/crash every time I try.

Literally cannot get into the game. Tried all the "fixes" found over the Internet. This is insane. I guess I'll have to wait for a patch or just put it in the bin and move on.

Got a crash right at the end of the collusus race and all i got was a black screen but could still get sound, had to shut down from task manager. fixes soon they said but what though, thers one big list of issues.

Last edited:
My T500 steering wheel, as well as my pedals and gearshift are recognized without any problems.

Actually, only 2 things bother me.

These embarrassing conversations.

The spongy steering and cars that constantly oscillate from left to right. Somehow I am overcorrecting all the time and can hardly drive in a straight line.

Oh, and the fov slider needs a wider range. I would need 33° for 1:1 scaling.

Last edited:
So this game is actually fun with a steering wheel? I'm a bit on the fence as I've never actually played a Forza game before! :confused:
But I'm considering this as my first one.

What sort of ffb are we talking about here exactly? Can it be compared to something like the F1 2020/2021 games?
Do the different cars feel very different on the wheel?

I got Horizon 4 just for a little light fun, and i couldnt see Horizon 4 in the forum because i guess 5 took its place, but does anyone know if you can get a T300RS to act somewhat realistic? My issue i have, and it might be the same in Horizon 5, is that the centering forces seems to be inverted. When you have the tyres a bit to the side (in real life, and in a sim) and push throttle physics will turn them forward and thus the steering wheel will center itself. This doesnt happen for me. Its the opposite. If i steer a little bit and push throttle the wheel want to go hard to the side im currently steering at. Drifting becomes quite hard when the wheel wont try to center itself.

Any ideas? And sorry for asking here. I think i noticed the same behavior in another non-sim racer so it might be the same in Horizon 5 and maybe even if there is a solution it might work for 5 as well. :)

Last edited:
I got Horizon 4 just for a little light fun, and i couldnt see Horizon 4 in the forum because i guess 5 took its place, but does anyone know if you can get a T300RS to act somewhat realistic? My issue i have, and it might be the same in Horizon 5, is that the centering forces seems to be inverted. When you have the tyres a bit to the side (in real life, and in a sim) and push throttle physics will turn them forward and thus the steering wheel will center itself. This doesnt happen for me. Its the opposite. If i steer a little bit and push throttle the wheel want to go hard to the side im currently steering at. Drifting becomes quite hard when the wheel wont try to center itself.

Any ideas? And sorry for asking here. I think i noticed the same behavior in another non-sim racer so it might be the same in Horizon 5 and maybe even if there is a solution it might work for 5 as well. :)
Not sure if this is the same as your issue, but it might be worth a look:

Not sure if this is the same as your issue, but it might be worth a look:
Everything else is ok so probably not. Thanks though. The FFB just feels like other generic arcade racers. There is an invert FFB in the options and i tested it. Felt basically the same.

Does anyone who have Horizon 4 have centering forces that force the wheel back to the center when throttling? I will go ask in "other games" so i dont clutter this one. Maybe Horizon 5 is better for wheels.

Any ideas? And sorry for asking here. I think i noticed the same behavior in another non-sim racer so it might be the same in Horizon 5 and maybe even if there is a solution it might work for 5 as well. :).

Soory I was replying about fh5, wheels currently worse in 5 due too issues with thrustmaster wheels and think others are missing effects too. steers nice n that , just missing vibration effects, not getting any effects when revving engine.

Last edited:
So this game is actually fun with a steering wheel? I'm a bit on the fence as I've never actually played a Forza game before! :confused:
But I'm considering this as my first one.
Personally I just find the game fun (commenting about FH4, since so far FH5 keeps crashing for me). It's like watching a feel-good movie with corny but entertaining segments and music, compared to a high-intensity suspense film that you have to constantly be paying attention to the plot. Which is better? Depends on your mood and interests, I guess.

I cannot say the same for Forza Motorsport 7. Sorry if there's any fans, but this game (for me) was a complete waste of money and I cannot understand how/why people play that (console I might understand. But on PC, for me it's ?????)

FH can be fun, but if you play it for a few days (or longer) and then jump back to iRacing or another 'sim' you will have to retrain yourself a bit. Personally, I find I really drive like sh*t for the first few races after I play some FH. A couple AI races for some practice brings it all back.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back