Forza Horizon 5 | News

The few changes they mention doesn't offset the Major flaws or the same ole same ole feeling you get after a hour. Forza 4 is Light Years ahead in playability, stableness,. 5 is a carbon copy with a few extra bells and whistles. I've had cars disappear out of my garage along with a ton of other problems. Going back to Forza 4 with pleasure.

@Warlockion Are you a bot ? 4 times the same post. Jesus :roflmao:

Btw:

Screenshot_68.jpg

Last edited:
The game can't handle 2 different wheels plugged in at the same time, apparently. I use a T300rs steering wheel and G27 pedals and shifter. I get huge frame drops whenever i step on the pedals. The game works fine when driving with the keyboard or with just the G27 connected. Is anyone else that uses 2 wheels having the same problem?

2 Wheels plugged in at the same time ? I don't understand sry. This: "I use a T300rs steering wheel and G27 pedals and shifter" all 3 separat plugged with USB should work fine.

2 Wheels plugged in at the same time ? I don't understand sry. This: "I use a T300rs steering wheel and G27 pedals and shifter" all 3 separat plugged with USB should work fine.
Scratching my head at that one too lol
I believe he me meant 2 Different manufacturer...mixed gear.

Andy, I'm running FH5 on PC through the Microsoft Xbox app/game pass

I have a thrustmaster TX and fanatec elite pedals... everything works fine but I find it a bit annoying having to go into the control files and manually select my custom profile every time I launch the game as it defaults to Thrustmaster TX profile.

Is there a way to get the game to auto select the profile?

I also have a suspicion there's a bug in the ffb.
I'd been playing for a few weeks and the ffb felt the same every time. I just downloaded the new Thrustmaster firmware and driver, I enabled the T-Boost option in the TM Profile.
I launched the game and the feedback on the road was fantastic.... completely different from before.
When I entered the advance controller options I noticed all the ffb settings were back to default.
I lowered the default gain by .1 went back out on track and the ffb felt like my prior experiences of dull and numb road feedback.
Off road the ffb feels excellent but road driving reminds me of Dirt 2.0...just a floaty spring.?

I've read mentions of others unplugging and replugging there wheels back in and the ffb has felt better.

I am really enjoying this game (when it works) but also find it really annoying.
- I built a new PC, so installed everything fresh, including Fanatec drivers. All seemed to be working fine (without rolling back the drivers to v346 as I did before) for a while. Now, it's freezing/crashing at cut scenes again even if I put the wheel in Comp2.5 mode. I'm struggling to find further info on this. Curious.... is Fanatec blaming Microsoft? Or is Microsoft blaming Fanatec? Seems so unbelievable that this combination of powerhouse companies can't seem to work together??
- I got a bit tired of the runway FPS not needed, and the FPS limit in the game does not work (as far as I found), so I just added a profile in Nvidia Control Panel to limit FH5 to 80FPS. That works. Also, how can it be possible that I still have to change my controller choice and save it on every single startup. Stuff like this is super annoying for such a popular title after more than a month release.
- I cannot seem to get an external button box to be recognized for some functions. I like to use my Sparco wheel which has just the 3+3 Fanatec button modules on it. And after you map the mandatory functions you are not left with many buttons. And I cannot map to an external device.

Not meant to vent, just check if people are aware of fixes that I couldn't find elsewhere. Thanks

I am really enjoying this game (when it works) but also find it really annoying.
- I built a new PC, so installed everything fresh, including Fanatec drivers. All seemed to be working fine (without rolling back the drivers to v346 as I did before) for a while. Now, it's freezing/crashing at cut scenes again even if I put the wheel in Comp2.5 mode. I'm struggling to find further info on this. Curious.... is Fanatec blaming Microsoft? Or is Microsoft blaming Fanatec? Seems so unbelievable that this combination of powerhouse companies can't seem to work together??
- I got a bit tired of the runway FPS not needed, and the FPS limit in the game does not work (as far as I found), so I just added a profile in Nvidia Control Panel to limit FH5 to 80FPS. That works. Also, how can it be possible that I still have to change my controller choice and save it on every single startup. Stuff like this is super annoying for such a popular title after more than a month release.
- I cannot seem to get an external button box to be recognized for some functions. I like to use my Sparco wheel which has just the 3+3 Fanatec button modules on it. And after you map the mandatory functions you are not left with many buttons. And I cannot map to an external device.

Not meant to vent, just check if people are aware of fixes that I couldn't find elsewhere. Thanks
I was pissed to see only three wheel brands officially supported. And, while wheel support was horrendous from Pre-Release till 11/17/21, we have at least seen some major improvements. At the moment, my Direct Drive Accuforce Pro V2 wheel, Thrustmaster TH8a shifter, Fanatec handbrake. CSP V3 pedals, and Next Level Racing Motion Platform all work without a hitch despite the lack of official support. Still, I realize that wheel support continues to be tenuous across the board.

It is very clear that the FH5 programmers (PGG) did a terrible job beta testing on the PC. By using non standard driver support (an orphaned relic of a prior Microsoft Windows Gaming initiative), they literally stabbed themselves in the back. As a result, they are still playing catchup. The sad fact is this is a repeat of what happened when FH4 came out with many similar bugs recurring. The only good news is, based on prior support history, we can count on PGG to continue to address most of the serious bugs over the next two plus years.

I just hope that since Forza Motorsport [8] will use an entirely new engine that PGG/MS will support all wheel/controller drivers that follow the documented Microsoft standards and that these driver issues on the PC are remedied long before the game is ever released to the public.

From the video description:

"Links:
Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iybNSYUUXuN-S4GEjahAjk114TggG4xHny84-c_X3xA/edit#gid=0
Data out details: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/...-Motorsport-7--Data-Out--feature-details.aspx
Data tools: https://github.com/richstokes/Forza-data-tools

Haven't tested but apparently there are Forza sim dashboard apps for phones that do the same. discord (new): https://discord.gg/8BAXvEAH6h

Tuners being able to make their shared tunes adjustable was a feature that never made it into Forza games. If you are on a downloaded tune, you can't change any parts or settings. However, there are ways to get around this. I will show you how to completely reverse engineer or "unlock" a tune without glitches or exploits.

If you are a tuner, you DO NOT own the rights to your tunes, as they can be easily replicated by anyone. I will not remove this video or any results I may find through testing tunes as it does not violate any rules or terms of services. I will try to avoid publishing settings from other tuners. However, I won't be responsible for anyone else. If you want your tunes to stay private, you shouldn't have shared them in the first place."

Last edited:
Last edited:
Fun fact: In the linked Series 6 LetsGo episode at 1h 10min 20sec they talk about dirty air simulation. Impressive, i did not know that Forza games had this. And still people call it arcade ^^

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years