Forza Horizon 5 | News

• Deleted member 197115

HDR is broken on PC, they announced hotfix for a bunch of issues coming this week. They will fix it eventually, but man, this POS broke XBox records
4.5 million players across console, PC, and the cloud
And look at Steam numbers, and that does not include Microsoft Store installations.
1636611002327.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The game can't handle 2 different wheels plugged in at the same time, apparently. I use a T300rs steering wheel and G27 pedals and shifter. I get huge frame drops whenever i step on the pedals. The game works fine when driving with the keyboard or with just the G27 connected. Is anyone else that uses 2 wheels having the same problem?

I have no experience with the Forza Horizon serie. I have looked at FH4 on Steam hoping that it would be discounted now that FH5 is out. Nope, it is not.

I have found a work around however. I am from Canada. Right now, there is a promotion for Xbox Game Pass PC. $1 CAD for the first month then 2 extra months free. Then, they charge $11.99 CAD per month.

So, for $1 CAD plus tax, I have 3 months to try out both FH4 and FH5.

FH5 is my kind of game, it so much fun with motion.

Every car feels different and especially the differences between track toys and buggy is so much fun.

You can feel a buggy has soft suspension with a lot of movement. The buggy rolls a lot in the corners and during acceleration and braking it tilts backwards and forwards a lot.

The track toys have a hard suspension with a lot short and harder movements with almost no roll in the corners and no backwards movements under acceleration, only some forwards under braking.

This is the kinds of game where i bought my 49" monitor ultra wide for :D
With max pitch going up steep hills with the monitor on the rig is beyond awesome.

The accuforce performs excellent with it's dedicated steering forcefeedback foundation. This is FFB created by SC4 directly from the physics of the game, totally bypassing the game FFB.

This means i have great FFB overall with ver good road bumps, very good rear traction loss, excellent under steer feeling, lateral G-s and weight transfer through the wheel.

There's only one downside : The old bug that limits the frame rate with the accuforce connected is still there :(

Luckily i can still play the game at 60fps locked @5120x1440 ( HDR ON), but soon as i disconnect the AccuForce the frame rate jumps back to 100-120 fps.

I could try using a GIMX adapter and run the game with regular FFB at 120 fps, but the awesome FFB of SC4 is just too good to miss.

Maybe a bug ? Since Road Feel is one of the new FFB options according to the official FFB Guide...

Beside that i would strongly recommend to read the Wheel Setup and Tuning part of the guide since some settings work different and not like in most other games. :)
Do you really think it's acceptable to have a dead wheel at 186mph? It's not a bug, it works, it's just not very good.
If you pay attention you will notice an increasing number of people not enjoying the ffb. I got my money back, that's the important thing.
I refunded FH4, and now 5. I have given up.

I still cannot get past either of the first 2 events. As soon as I achieve the objective, it goes to a cut screen and freezes. Often the audio continues in the background while the rest freezes. Have to end-task

The game does not save my controller preference either. It saves the cust wheel profile fine and I can re-load it. But every time I start the game, I need to select the controller profile again.

I've tried pretty much every bizarre solution/fix I've seen through searches. None work so far and I'm getting a bit tired of doing that 1st mission for bazilionth time.

I did see one work-around somewhere, suggesting to do the first 2 events with keyboard and it will get through the cut scenes. Got frustrated last night so didn't try it yet. Another day.

giving up on this till fixes come along, going back too 4 and you notice a big difference in the wheel forces and vibrations and even then this big land of wilderness is rather dull, Uk Map is miles better. Made mexico a big place too go full throttle everywhere

Last edited:
I'm checking each day for a patch to drop. It's pointless hoping for anything to change until then. Intro screens and then crash to desktop, every single time. Actually a dysfunctional product at this point, I have no idea why on some systems it's unusable yet on others it's running.

SON OF A B****!!!

Found some threads that suggested to roll back the Fanatec drivers to 346.

It works now. No crashes after a couple hours tonight and got through the previous cut scenes where it was crashing.

So anyone having issues with cut scenes crashes and using Fanatec wheels…you can try that. The wheel needs to also be in comp2.5 mode.
I don’t have a lot of spare time to drive many other games right now so no big issue to go back on the drivers for a bit. I suspect I’ll just play this for a bit in the spare time I find. Hopefully a patch soon though.

I like this game. Great fun for me to do some driving but not too serious. I don’t mind the ffb actually. It’s mainly effects but for me is fine.

One thing I found is to turn the Fanatec natural friction down. Otherwise the wheel has too much resistance when you need to counter steer quickly from big slides!!! :cool:

The few changes they mention doesn't offset the Major flaws or the same ole same ole feeling you get after a hour. Forza 4 is Light Years ahead in playability, stableness,. 5 is a carbon copy with a few extra bells and whistles. I've had cars disappear out of my garage along with a ton of other problems. Going back to Forza 4 with pleasure.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back