Forza Horizon 5 | News

Oooo, thank you. Will do.

However, I have all the parts to build a new Ryzen 7 5700G -based rig ordered. With all the latest bits I'm sure loading should be improved too. :)
Baaah. Still six minutes from the time I click the icon to the time I can click Drive.

But I will say that the dirt ring road around the perimeter of Fortune Island is one of the nicest roads I've ever driven on. Gotta love dirt rallying in an SRT Viper ACR!

Baaah. Still six minutes from the time I click the icon to the time I can click Drive.

If the fix does not help the next step would be to complete deinstall everything Horizon 4 and download fresh. And as mentioned never click anything DLC/Car Pass ect. manually in the Store which causes those exsessive loading times according to the interwebzzz ^^

Btw:

Loyalty Rewards...

Last edited:
Looking back Horizon 1 for me is the weakest of the series. It was more like open road than open world and had a lot restrictions for races like Fwd A class which i did not liked because that ment fighting understeer everywhere with overpowered fwd on sometimes very small tracks with tons of corners and bumps that made you jump big at speed which often ended in a crash with the physics back then ^^ It also had no setup options only tuning car parts. But its the one Forza game with backwards compatibility :D

Premium Edition Release Times in each Timezone

FDSXEecWUAgDZzC.jpg

FH3 was my first Horizon game, I also bought FH4.

It felt like it was basically the same game, doing the exact same things, with the exact same cars, the exact same way. Just in Scotland, not Australia.

Easy to see this in liveries available as well. There is a lot of liveries from the pre-PC era.

Looked at some more gameplay-videos from FH5. And it looks even more like a map DLC to FH4 than what FH4 did in regards to FH3.
Well. Money saved then I guess.

Funfact. Due to local conversion, FH5 is cheaper to buy on Steam for me. Micro$oft Store is more expensive:cautious:

• Deleted member 197115

Looked at some more gameplay-videos from FH5. And it looks even more like a map DLC to FH4 than what FH4 did in regards to FH3.

Funfact. Due to local conversion, FH5 is cheaper to buy on Steam for me. Micro$oft Store is more expensive:cautious:
Just keep in mind that FH4 had lots of issue when released on Steam.

Purchased the Premium Steam Edition of FH5. Running it on Windows 11 with latest graphic drivers and game mode turned off. Assigned controllers for steering, brakes, accel, clutch, gears, handbrake, etc. Many users are currently reporting anytime they use an axis or button on Logitech wheels, Thrustmaster Wheels, Fanatec CSPS, TH8a, etc, that they get an error message saying Controller disconnected. Please reconnect controller. As a result, FH5 is currently a no go for most unless using an xbox controller. Oh, this issue happens on both the Microsoft Store version and the Steam Version. So, buyer beware. Microsoft clearly failed to test the PC edition with wheels (including those on the supported list). Hopefully, patches come very quickly.

I bought on Steam, I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5 and have experienced no issues.
But I can confirm the physics/ffb are excellent and ultra realistic. For any car driving on tyres made of toffee.
The release version is dire. Awful. Pure crap.

I took a corner at 186mph with nothing, no vibration or anything. Tarmac simply isn't modelled. Go off road and there's a semblance of ffb but laughably crude.

The best news is I only used 1.5 hours so I can refund!

• Deleted member 197115

I bought on Steam, I have a Fanatec CSW 2.5 and have experienced no issues.
But I can confirm the physics/ffb are excellent and ultra realistic. For any car driving on tyres made of toffee.
The release version is dire. Awful. Pure crap.

I took a corner at 186mph with nothing, no vibration or anything. Tarmac simply isn't modelled. Go off road and there's a semblance of ffb but laughably crude.

The best news is I only used 1.5 hours so I can refund!
Oh boy, is it really that bad? How about controller?

I don't have a controller, too old to change my ways!
But yes, sadly, it's an awful game.
The actual events could be fun, even cruising would be something I'd do. But I'm not paying for an awful experience.
You barely even turn the wheel to go around corners! It's as dull as it could be.
I've tweaked and tested but to no avail. There's absolutely nothing from the road.
I hope the game is patched, but I don't know if I want to risk it.

• Deleted member 197115

It's quite junky at the moment, even with controller with vibration randomly turning on and off for no reason.
Graphics is pretty bad though. I think FH4 actually looks better. Hopefully it' s just early access issues, as I also had some crashes and random mosaic pattern artifacts.

Money saved my butt :cautious:

Suddenly a friend I haven't spoken to since pre-Covid showed up, asking if we (the gaming-friend gang) were going to buy Horizon 5. I said no, a couple of others said that they would if everyone bought it. So it was a no.
Last night a group of them had nothing to do, so they bought it. Suddenly I was the only one without the game.

Not anymore.:geek:

So.. How does it feel with the wheel? Compared to FH4

I loved FH4 for the graphics, but FFB was crap (mainly, when going off road... terrible rattling)

I mean sure the cars are superglued to the road, but it still was a treat to drive around with those amazing graphics and performance.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

So.. How does it feel with the wheel? Compared to FH4

I loved FH4 for the graphics, but FFB was crap (mainly, when going off road... terrible rattling)

I mean sure the cars are superglued to the road, but it still was a treat to drive around with those amazing graphics and performance.
FFB is better than FH4, driving with Simucube 2 Pro using EmuWheel, HE Pedals, HE Handbrake, everything works.
For off road, they have new setting Off Road Feel Scale, setting to 0.5 from default 1.0 makes it very manageable.

driving with Simucube 2 Pro using EmuWheel, HE Pedals, HE Handbrake, everything works.

I cannot get my HE pedals to work proper. The throttle will not go above approx 35% when checking telemetry screen. I re-calibrated with DIVIEW and the pedals are fine in any other game. BUT, I noticed for some reason that the 'raw' reading in diview is pretty much the same as what Horizon 5 is seeing. So it seems something is missing here??

Any hints or suggestions, appreciated.

Also, I had a hell of a time with the 'controller disconnected' issue. In the end, what fixed it for me was to put the DD1 into CSW2.5 compatibility mode (at least it works)

• Deleted member 197115

I cannot get my HE pedals to work proper. The throttle will not go above approx 35% when checking telemetry screen. I re-calibrated with DIVIEW and the pedals are fine in any other game. BUT, I noticed for some reason that the 'raw' reading in diview is pretty much the same as what Horizon 5 is seeing. So it seems something is missing here??

Any hints or suggestions, appreciated.

Also, I had a hell of a time with the 'controller disconnected' issue. In the end, what fixed it for me was to put the DD1 into CSW2.5 compatibility mode (at least it works)
Make sure you didn't check combined pedals. And check lower/upper deadzone for pedals in FH5 advanced controls settings.

Make sure you didn't check combined pedals. And check lower/upper deadzone for pedals in FH5 advanced controls settings.
Thanks. Tried all that but didn’t fix it.
I have the ultimate+ upgrade kit with the new smart controller but it’s been sitting on a shelf for a couple months. only got it installed today. The smart controller seems to have fixed it so now it works.
But the game is crashing everytime after I take the photo of the statue in the desert. (First event). I tried lots of things from other forums but nothing fixes it. I have the steam version. So I guess I wait for a patch.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back