Forza Horizon 3.jpg

With a release for Windows 10 and Xbox One due in less than one month, Turn 10 Studios have confirmed Forza Horizon 3 has gone gold. To celebrate this achievement, the developers have revealed the full list of Xbox Live Achievements and revealed a Forza exclusive car, the Warthog as found in the Halo series of games!

Now personally I don't play Halo, so basically I've got no idea what this is. But Turn 10 have given us a nice summary of the machine which we've quoted below:

"The 2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST is a civilian transport alternative to its militaristic cousin, the M12 Force Application Vehicle. What it may lack in brute force – you won’t find a turret on this version – it more than makes up for with its 720 bhp twin turbo V8, making it significantly faster than its FAV counterpart. The Warthog CST in Forza Horizon 3 is also ideally suited for the rough and tumble landscape of Australia. With the most advanced suspension in Forza Horizon 3 (with more than 70 cm of suspension travel), plus advanced dampening, you won’t find the combination of power and stability like this anywhere else in the Horizon Festival."
The Warthog will be available as a free download for players who have spent time in either Halo 5: Guardians or Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One. Much like the free Forza Motorsport 6 add-on car from the Fallout games, the free Warthog will be delivered to eligible players via an Xbox Live message, commencing during the week of September 5th. Players without access to any of the aforementioned Halo games will still have a chance to win a code to download the Warthog, via an upcoming competition to be run by Turn 10 Studios.

Take a look at the below trailer an images of the free Halo Warthog:

Forza Horizon 3 Warthog.jpg

Forza Horizon 3 Warthog Interior.jpg

In other news, Turn 10 Studios have released details of the recommended PC specs for the game, and a full list of Xbox Live achievements, detailed below.

Windows 10 PC Recommended Specs:

CPU i7 3820 @ 3.6GHz
GPU NVIDIA GTX 970 or NVIDIA GTX 1060
AMD R9 290X or AMD RX 480
VRAM 4GB
RAM 12GB
Hard Drive Type HDD
Available Space 55 GB
Resolution 1920 x 1080
Windows Version Windows Anniversary Edition 64-bit 14393.101

Xbox Live Achievements:

• Welcome to Your Horizon - Open Festival with the first Showcase - 10
  • You're the Boss - Upgrade the Festival for the first time - 10
  • One of Us - Win your first Exhibition race as Horizon Festival Boss - 10
  • Stay on Target - Get a gold medal from a Danger Sign - 10
  • "Do you even... oh, you do" - Get 3 Stars through a Drift Zone - 10
  • You're Hired! - Hire a Drivatar into your Drivatar Line-Up - 10
  • You're Fired! -- Fill your Drivatar Line-Up and fire a Drivatar to make way for another 20
  • Racer's Paradise - Open a Festival in Surfers Paradise - 20
  • First Time Buyer - Visit the Autoshow and buy your first car - 10
  • The Architect - Create your first Blueprint - 10
  • The Player - Complete another player's Exhibition Blueprint - 10
  • Champ - Win your first Championship - 10
  • Tonight We Ride - Win your first Street Race - 10
  • I'll Just Take This Now - Win your first Midnight Battle - 10
  • Street Racing Champion - Win every Street Race and Midnight Battle - 50
  • Like a Needle in The Outback - Find your first Barn Find - 10
  • Relic Hunter - Restore all Barn Finds - 20
  • Throwdown - Create and complete your first Bucket List Blueprint. - 10
  • Community Crusher - Play 10 player created Bucket List Blueprints - 20
  • Drive to the Music You Love - Sign 4 Radio Stations to your Festival - 10
  • Screaming through the Valley - Open a Festival in Yara Valley - 20
  • Bushcraft - Open a Festival in The Outback - 20
  • Maxed Out - Fully upgrade a Festival site - 20
  • YOU MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS - Perform 10 Festival Upgrades - 20
  • Like a Boss - Fully upgrade all Festival sites - 20
  • Best. Horizon. Ever. - Complete the Final Showcase - 50
  • Exhibition Expert - Complete an Exhibition at every race route in the game - 20
  • Horizon Hardcore - Complete a Championship at every race route in the game - 30
  • Starstruck - Get at least 1 star on any 50 PR Stunts - 10
  • PR Superstar - Get 3 stars on all PR Stunts - 20
  • Eat My Dust - Complete 10 races in a convoy - 10
  • Got Ourselves a Convoy - Convoy for a total of 100 miles - 10
  • Life Complete - Complete every Horizon Bucket List challenge - 20
  • Drop in the Bucket - Complete 5 Bucket List challenges - 10
  • Who's Hiding These? - Smash all 150 reward boards - 20
  • Backpacker - Discover every beauty spot in the game - 20
  • I Know These Roads - Drive down every road in the game - 20
  • This My Jam - Take part in 5 Skill Songs - 10
  • Perks of the Job - Obtain a car from the Skill Shop - 10
  • I Want It All - Complete every page in the Skill Shop (excluding temporary perks) - 25
  • Spoiler Alert - Fit parts from Rocket Bunny and Liberty Walk - 10
  • 5 Star Seller - A+++++ - Sell 5 cars via the Auction House - 10
  • Sniper - Win a car in the Auction House by bidding on it - 10
  • Welcome to Horizon - Online Complete 5 online events across Adventure and Freeroam - 10
  • Online Adventurer - Complete 25 online events across Adventure and Freeroam - 30
  • Bring a Friend - Complete an event in Co-op - 10
  • Road Buddy - Complete 10 events in Co-op - 20
  • Forzatographer - Take a photo of 300 cars for Horizon Promo - 20
  • Aussie Rules! - Create and complete a Championship featuring only Australian cars - 10
  • High Roller - Spend 1 million Credits on a car - 10
  • Fly Like A Regal - Get 300ft on the airport Danger Sign using the Reliant Regal - 10
  • Life's a Drag - Complete a drag race at the Airstrip in every Car Class - 10
  • Endurance Hero - Create an exhibition with 25 laps, dynamic time and weather, and complete it on Hard Drivatar Difficulty - 20
  • This. Is. FORZA! - Create and complete a Championship with 100+ miles of racing over 10 events - 20
  • Ooh, Shiny! - Obtain your first Horizon Edition car - 20
  • Mini Boss - Reach Level 20 - 10
  • Final Boss - Reach Level 150 - 25
  • Staying Connected - Visit the Forza Hub from the Pause Menu - 10
  • Art Director - Create a paint, setup a tune, and start your Horizon Promo career - 10
  • Throw Your Weight Around - Get a Gold Medal on a Drift Zone in a car weighing at least 2500kg - 10
  • Forza First - Win a race in the Lamborghini Centenario - 20
  • Clever Girl! - Get a 3 Stars on a Danger Sign, Drift Zone, Speed Trap and Speed Zone in the 2017 Ford Raptor. - 10
  • Totally meant to do that... - Perform a Barrel Roll in any Buggy - 10
  • Underdog - Get a Gold Medal in a C Class car - 10

Forza Horizon 3 launches for Windows 10 PC and Xbox One on the 27th September and four days earlier for Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition owners.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum, the place to go for news and discussions regarding the latest edition to the Forza franchise.

An interesting new addition to the game, do you think the Warthog from the Halo games will make for an enjoyable drive? Do you like the idea of this kind of fantasy vehicle in Horizon 3? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I like Halo but seriously, a totally fictional vehicle from a fictional Sci-Fi shooter in a car game that is supposed to be part sim, part Fast and Furious movie, just underlines for me how distant Forza Horizon is from anything I personally enjoy spending time on.

With all these silly cars like the Hot Wheels hot rod and the Rocket 69 being included in Forza 6, I think it won't be long before they include this as DLC...

wienermobile_billboard_lg.jpg

(not trying to be insulting or anything, just speaking my mind...i actually want to drive this thing in the game...)

Last edited:
Hi guys! Just wanted to ask wether forza horizon is an arcade style driving game or simulation? If arcade, how much it is an arcade in terms of car handling? I mean It's like trackmania or need for speed (the last one)?

Forza Horizon 3 Warthog.jpg

Turn 10 Studios have revealed performance specifications for the free Halo Warthog DLC coming to Forza Horizon 3. The Warthog is a fictional vehicle from the popular Halo game franchise, and is due to be added to Horizon 3 as a reward for Xbox One and Windows 10 gamers who own either Halo 5: Guardians or Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

The 2554 AMG Transport Dynamics M12S Warthog CST is a "transport alternative to its militaristic cousin, the M12 Force Application Vehicle" packing an impressive 720 bhp twin turbo V8, 70 cm of suspension travel and advanced dampening. Top speeds of 119mph coupled with its superior off road capabilities make the Warthog a formidable off road proposition in Horizon 3.

Halo Warthog Utility Vehicle Stats:
  • Vehicle Layout: Front-engine, AWD, 2 Seater
  • Type: Twin Turbo 8L V8 Power: 720bhp at 6500rpm Torque: 855ft/lbs at 3200rpm
  • Top Speed: 119mph (limited by gearing)
  • 0-60mph: 3.7sec
  • 0-100mph: 9.81sec
  • 1/4 mile: 12.4sec @ 109.4mph

In other news, Turn 10 have revealed the provisonal list of wheel support for Horizon 3. Currently the below list lacks support for the Fanatec product range, however support for the Fanatec ClubSport V2, Xbox One Hub and the Fanatec CSR models is expected to be added towards the end of September. Fanatec H-pattern support will hopefully be included in the future, however no comment has been forthcoming on this subject by Turn 10.

Full list of supported wheels for Forza Horizon 3 can be seen below:
  • Logitech G27 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G25 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech G29 Racing Wheel
  • Logitech MOMO Force Feedback Racing Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T300RS
  • Thrustmaster T500 RS Gaming Wheel
  • Logitech G920 Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster T150
  • Thrustmaster TX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster TMX Xbox One Wheel
  • Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Racing Wheel

Forza Horizon 3 is due for release on Windows 10 PC and Xbox One on September 27th.

Check out the Forza Horizon 3 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news regarding this upcoming title.

To buy or not to buy, that is the question. Do you like the look of Horizon 3? Will you be making the purchase once it is released? PC gamer? Does Horizon 3 appeal to you? Let us know in the comments section below!

17 days left, common FH3 and glad I used to own Halo 5 (warthdog you'll be mineeee).

Very exited to discover FH3 max out in 4k, it's going to be gorgeous.

Not much interest in this title but is the Halo Warthog really the best vehicle they could come up with to promote it? Surely there is something more exciting than this included?

Well I like my Sim racers so not too keen on this. Forza Horizon was just released on Xbox 360 games with gold so I'll give it a go on my Xbox One but I'm not expecting anything great from it.
But yeah. A fictional car from Halo isn't the best way to promote this sort of title if I'm honest...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.