Forum 1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Deleted member 161052

To the top right on my PC, I can see the Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest link where to follow RaceDepartment. That's cool!

I miss the menu tree at the bottom of the threads. Now I have to scroll back to the top to click menu tree. :(

Also having sub notes under developer names will be good as mouse hover doesn't work with touchscreen devices. :unsure:

When you click on the arrow of a quote, it takes you to the quote, but the top of the quote is covered by the black bar (which I like the idea of :thumbsup:). So can this be fixed? :)

You might as well just press Home button, but that's not exactly the most convenient solution, is it?

If you press the home button then the breadcrumbs reset which was the basis of what Kevin was asking. The default xenForo style and some of the older RD ones had the breadcrumbs at the top and bottom of the page, allowing you to read a thread in a racing club then jump quickly back to the main game forum in one click.

If you press the home button then the breadcrumbs reset which was the basis of what Kevin was asking. The default xenForo style and some of the older RD ones had the breadcrumbs at the top and bottom of the page, allowing you to read a thread in a racing club then jump quickly back to the main game forum in one click.
I know. And now the bottom navigation bar is gone, so you have to scroll back up to the top of the page. NOT very user friendly.
I don't really get what you mean by that breadcrumb reset though :cautious:

Which navigation bar @ENDR Like the one pictured below?

Breadcrumbs means this
e41vQbv.png

It changes on each page so if you click home it will no longer give you the quicklinks for General and Support forums in this example. At the moment it would give links for featured threads as the homepage redirects to the news articles.

@Dave Stephenson yup, that one. The old layout had one at the bottom of the page, so you didn't have to scroll back up to go to a different "branch" in the forums.
Oh, and by "home" I meant the button on the keyboard :D It doesn't reset the breadcrumbs and I hadn't noticed there's a "Home" link on the nav bar, so I didn't get what you meant :p

I don't like the small width of the new forum layout tbh. It looks awkward and youtube video's and images are too squashed. Also, for some reason i have to click twice on the forum link in the top menu to actually go to the forum. Just my 2 cents.

Try browsing the site on your smartphone and you see that its fully responsive.

There are many factors we need to take in account when it comes to the width and 970 is the best compromise for ad implementation and plugins that Dave is making plus now there is room for the much requested racing flavor background image. In the other thread and also in the premium member feedback thread we were lacking a "racing look". With the three LMP's showing we have at least that request covered :D

However, we might release an optional full width premium member style in the future as the above won't apply to that specific user group. But don't quote me on it (yet).

Choices choices choices :D

I don't like the small width of the new forum layout tbh. It looks awkward and youtube video's and images are too squashed. Also, for some reason i have to click twice on the forum link in the top menu to actually go to the forum. Just my 2 cents.
I don't think you do. If you leave your cursor there for half a second, you only need to click once :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes