Forum 1.3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its fine Bram. I don't know if you're a member of iRacing, but that forum is like 46 pages long. They have a forum for just about everything. I've been a member of iRacing for almost 5 months now and I still haven't seen all of the individual forums quite frankly because when I go to the forums, there's 2.2 billion individual forums to browse so I don't don't have time to go through them all.

I now find the new groupings somewhat less friendly to newer people. It's probably ok if you know which sims / games are released by the various developers, but I suspect most newer people go looking for their specific sims / games.
Is there any way to include the list of the specific sims that will be shown under the developer groupings, ie. in the old days we had sub notes or explanatory notes describing what each section was for? Or is it possible to have a mouse hover listing the sims / games covered in each developer grouping?

I'm sure most of the experienced guys know what is listed where, but not sure if it is now as user friendly for new people. :unsure:

DOH!! Ignore this, just realized that the mouse hover thing is already there. Must be still too early in the morning for me. :redface:

I agree with Warren, there should be subnotes under the developers displaying the games (clickable too to cut out a step for someone who's only interested in one game from a dev.)

This way the "Other Games" games will still be displayed on the main page, instead of hiding away.

Also just a heads-up Bram, as a non-premium user I can see the title of the latest post in the premium section on the main page.

I like it a lot like this, however I have some irl friends just lurking the forums and they where completely confused. They couldn't find their games anymore and started spamming in whatsapp or just looked for another website. The mouse over didn't seem enough either, not clear enough or something.

Since the store tab is visible on the right anyway, maybe the listings could include links to the main forums for those games? It's definitely my habit to click through to the forum and find out if there are any upcoming patches/standing issues/mods before buying something, and it's a nice tidy summary of a few of the currently-developed racing sims.

Hello!! The new layout is great! For the PC at least :)

For the mobile there are various problems. You can't see the last two alerts, no matter for many you have, and when typing, you cannot see what you are writing, because the top bar and the keyboard make the space too small.

Of course, I am understanding that you have put a lot of effort here, and the result is amazing, but I would like too see these issues be fixed :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I was afraid thinking that BTB disapear from this forum.... nice to see it was only a change in the layout, maybe yesterday I was so tired and trhow in the towel to fast.

I don´t think in BTB as a videogame or sim, so thats why I was confused, it will be great to see a "developers" or moders secction, but I´m happy with the actual layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes