Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

I was using yuri's setup I think 30 f and 28 rear (I added a bit to the rear). It's my driving I am new to the game and need to work out how to improve.
Champs

You said it all mate...u were using Yuri's setup so that's where u went wrong :) even Yuri couldn't keep it on the track! :)

Yuri likes a over steery setup so for me it gets a bit nervous getting on the power on the exits so that's prob where u lost time. Find a setup where u feel like u can push and then hunt for lap time

You said it all mate...u were using Yuri's setup so that's where u went wrong :) even Yuri couldn't keep it on the track! :)

Yuri likes a over steery setup so for me it gets a bit nervous getting on the power on the exits so that's prob where u lost time. Find a setup where u feel like u can push and then hunt for lap time
AhNeverMind.jpg

I ran default, which was 30-30 wing (if I remember right), and yeah, I was slower, but I was still way ahead of @Greame Champion - this is why I am saying that setup won't help until you're already consistent and you have the fundamental racing principles down, such as corner entry, apexing, exit, etc.

5-5?! Even at Monza I almost won with 20+ wing! never tried it that low but I can imagine that feeling like driving without wings at all

It didn't actually. I even started with 1-1, but it got a bit difficult with worn tires, so I upped it a bit. These cars inherently feel like they have a lot of grip.

And I even use 1-1 wings with FReiza at Monza, so I'm sure I'll manage it with these cars, should I get the opportunity one day.

Last edited:
Good fun tonight, enjoy those cars a lot. @Andrew James need someone to have a look at my driving to see where I am losing time, was not getting the straight line speed so I think I am to slow out of the last corner.

Cheers
Champs

I had exactly the same problem, which makes sense since in R2 we matched paces almost perfectly for the whole race (you were -8/10 s lap after lap). I was pretty much losing half a second each finish straight with everybody but you.

Ok guys I'm not by any means saying I'm the fastest or my driving is perfect (to prevent @Andrew James commenting) but I was doing 1:30 with quite a shabby setup as Jason said haha, I'm willing to help anyone that would like me to help them. Can be lines through a corner, braking anything (exept setups XD) just send me a PM if interested

Ok guys I'm not by any means saying I'm the fastest or my driving is perfect (to prevent @Andrew James commenting) but I was doing 1:30 with quite a shabby setup as Jason said haha, I'm willing to help anyone that would like me to help them. Can be lines through a corner, braking anything (exept setups XD) just send me a PM if interested
I'd never make a bad comment! You know me, friendly, helpful, never irritating. Just an all round good guy :whistling:

Joking aside, any tips would be good in general I think. Maybe start a new thread in the GSC forum and I can sticky it, people can add their tips, make it the go-to place for learning to drive. We can throw videos in there, etc.

Thanks very much everyone, I am glad I discovered this little corner of the SIM world. It would be nice just to jump on a server sometime without the race, just hot lapping with analysis from spectators. Might be a bit weird at first (nerves people watching), but I think I would benefit from it from time to time.
I am going to stick to stock for a while. Maybe it was in my head but with Yuri's setup I felt that I was feeling the car and track more. With the stock I felt more like Bambi at first.
Anyway its only been a week or so but I know this is the only sim I want to play, its just that good. My G25 has had a new lease of life it feels nice with this game.
Yuri and Jason is it worth me digging out my old rfactor disk, I heard you talking about it. What mods do you use?

edit: Can you even spectate in this game?

See you soon
Champs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back