AC Formula Thursday- Radicals at Brands Hatch Indy on Thursday April 11th.

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Shed 17

Staff
Premium
Screenshot_urd_radical_sr3xxr_2023_ks_brands_hatch_2-3-124-19-45-21.jpg

Welcome to the RD Racing Club.

More Radical short course action again as we head off to Brands Hatch and the Indy circuit.

With qualifying and TWO races all completed in approximately 60 minutes all in, you still have time to have a race with like minded people and do other things with your day too! There will be an open practice server running the week leading up to the race day and 60 minutes official practice prior to qualifying.
Especially the new and inexperienced drivers are recommended to participate. There are a lot of learning opportunities amongst a friendly community, without the intensity and stress of longer races, plus the chance to get it right in race two!

The car is the Radical SR3 XXR.

A3C7.tmp.jpg

Straight out of the box and with the stock set up this is a great drivers car and it will get you around here with very little effort. However, for those who like to extract the maximum performance then there are multiple set up options available in game as well as some nice skins.

The track is the Kunos Brands Indy circuit.

1712217746370.png

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS is essential for clean and respectful driving in our community. You should therefore use tools like Helicorsa or CarRadar and CrewChief. The links for these apps are on the bottom of this post.

DISCORD. It's important that you also join us during the event on Discord for additional information and instructions. Link is below.

Go to Formula Thursday using the Emperor account you have been given and register with your steamID.

If you don't have an Emperor account yet, ask for one by posting in this thread (only for premium members).

Server information:

• Server: Overtake Server 5-
  • Password: standard weekday password, if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
  • 21:00 CET, 20:00 GMT (20:00 UTC) | 15 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:15 CET, 20:15 GMT (20:15 UTC) | 10 minutes - Qualification
  • 21:30 CET, 20.30GMT (20:30 UTC) | 20 minutes - Race 1
  • 21.50 CET, 20.50 GMT (20.50 UTC) 20 minutes -Race 2 (Reverse grid top7)
  • Practice server available during the week. Usual weekday password. if you don't know that, ask for it in this thread and it will be send in a PM.
Event details:

• Car: Radical SR3 XXR
  • Skins: (You will need to load all in this zip file to see other drivers liveries)
  • Track: Brands Hatch Indy (Kunos)
  • Pit stop: not mandatory
  • Tyre blankets: Yes
  • Track Road temperature: 20 Celsius
  • Track grip: 100%
  • Track limits: No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please. You will be penalized if you break this rule.
  • Damage: 10%
  • Fuel Consumption: 100%
  • Tyre wear: 100%
Useful Links:

Entry list:

The GP circuit is on my list for the future but for now, as Steve said I am trying to achieve close, exciting racing and we are also trying to attract drivers who don't have to spend ages practicing or learning a long track. Also we need to build up the numbers and using Brands too much has the risk of putting Han off.:D
There are plenty of other events here during the week with a great mix of tracks. Colin on Tuesday with classic cars from the 60's and 70's, Han on Wednesday with the popular MX5 vs Abarth/Swift combo and Brian on Sundays with GT/Lmp and the 1990's BTCC Supertourers. Thursdays are me and F3 and other modern single make races for the time being.
I have some other ideas for cars we don't usually see here coming up ( we had the Stock cars a couple of weeks ago) but if anyone has a modern car/track combo that they'd like to see just let me know and I'll look into it.

Great fun race again. Received my VRoptician lenses for the G2 today, had better vision with these instead glasses.
Great race with Jason in race 1, he was like 2 tenths or so quicker. Didn't do setup work, will have to drive more to see which setup suits me best. I think you can be fast with low wing setup as well with higher rear wing.
Great race 2 Han, was fun. Great consistency with no mistake. Would have been hard to initiate a maneuver unless the opponent makes no mistake.
Just watched the 44.9 Radical lap of Scott Mansell which is really awesome, it's great how accurate AC is actually.
Thx Paul for organizing.

results race 2: https://simresults.net/240411-D0E

cu

Hate this car and have been less than fond of most we have driven of late.
But there is a silver lining, I now have few oversteer off’s, some how over the past month or so driving these “things” I can now save most of what would have been terminal over steers.That must have happened about a dozen times in these two races.
I am just too old to cope with these types of cars. it requires a type of response that left my body years ago,
All that out the way, a big well done to Han on his win, and a special thanks to all who came across me, especially Steve and Casper.
:)

Thanks all for racing tonight, both races had some really close racing and well done all, especially Han and Andre on some impressive driving on a track you don't like too!
I had a great battle with Steve in race 1 but spun out twice in race 2 so decided to watch the action from the pits. Some really great racing guys, well done.

I radically love this little wasp nest, unfortunatly car was too broken for race 2 but great fun anyway.
PS.
sorry for the punt Kimi, although you probably thought I just drove off I actually saw no point in waiting and just tagged onto the fragments of what was left of the fast charging group. I waited for you to catch up, which at the pace I was going I knew you would, slowed, and when you went past, I then continued to race.
:)

Great race 2 Han, was fun. Great consistency with no mistake. Would have been hard to initiate a maneuver unless the opponent makes no mistake.
Yes that was intense! You were clearly faster and in certain corners you had a different line than me and that created a gap for overtake for you. So I had to change my lines to defend, but I hadn't practiced that, so it was quite difficult. I suspect I would have made a mistake if you hadn't had that oversteer moment in the last corner which gave me room to breathe.

Winning while another driver is faster feels like stealing, but unfortunately I'm never the fastest driver, so this is the only way for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea