AC Formula RSS 3 @ Spa - Wednesday 12 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi everyone, sorry for it being a little late, I'm very Ill. Here's my setup for this evening. By no means perfect, but seems pretty quick and pretty stable. Only tip would be to minimise steering input in the high-speed stuff - really easy to swing the car away from under you.

(Link for Content Manager users, attached file for everyone else.)

https://acstuff.ru/s/nMzi

Attachments

• JE Spa F3.ini
    1.5 KB · Views: 185
Race start 47:12, from 1:20:37 I spun out and we had really good battle in top 3 till the finish

Good racing Henri! Sorry about the first lap. Not sure if you heard me but I got a weird lag-spike/stutter near the end of the straight and lifted out of reflex - should've kept my foot in it. That's why I let you past a few turns later - must've looked like a brake check :p

The race host and I am just so confused about the DRS, DRS has caused so many problems, I will give it some thought and get something in writing before next week...right now, I am in favour of just disabling the option.

I had decent pace tonight, not podium pace but certainly top ten, but got involved in rather a large pile up in first lap, then got involved in another :mad: from that point on I was getting a lot of oversteer, I had ruined my fronts.

I must thank @Captain Condescending for his setup ..I immediately gained 9/10ths and went on to get my PB.

Congrads to the podium winners ...all three were in a great battle up front.

And Many congrads to all the drivers that finished the event ..well done all :thumbsup:

The race host and I am just so confused about the DRS, DRS has caused so many problems, I will give it some thought and get something in writing before next week...right now, I am in favour of just disabling the option.

I had decent pace tonight, not podium pace but certainly top ten, but got involved in rather a large pile up in first lap, then got involved in another :mad: from that point on I was getting a lot of oversteer, I had ruined my fronts.

I must thank @Captain Condescending for his setup ..I immediately gained 9/10ths and went on to get my PB.

Congrads to the podium winners ...all three were in a great battle up front.

And Many congrads to all the drivers that finished the event ..well done all :thumbsup:

I'd be in favour of disabling DRS. It's way too OP in these cars - the slipstream is already powerful enough imo. I sailed past Henri at the start and that was without DRS, and it made stopping into traffic and following other cars closely almost an actual advantage because you gained so much time. I've PM'd you with a way to disable DRS for everyone without people needed to download stuff.

I'd be in favour of disabling DRS. It's way too OP in these cars - the slipstream is already powerful enough imo. I sailed past Henri at the start and that was without DRS, and it made stopping into traffic and following other cars closely almost an actual advantage because you gained so much time. I've PM'd you with a way to disable DRS for everyone without people needed to download stuff.

Thanks for your input, I tend to agree.

Hi everyone, sorry for it being a little late, I'm very Ill. Here's my setup for this evening. By no means perfect, but seems pretty quick and pretty stable. Only tip would be to minimise steering input in the high-speed stuff - really easy to swing the car away from under you.

(Link for Content Manager users, attached file for everyone else.)

https://acstuff.ru/s/nMzi
I tested the setup after the race because I didn't saw it prior to the race and I gained 0.5seconds with only 2 laps :) It's a very good setup. I might have squeezed another 0,2-0.3 with more practice. good job :D

Reallt nice race. Had almost no practice but could see my pace improving dramatically. Sadly, lag spike early race made me cause an accident. my tyres were cooked though and I didn't notice so I crashed again on the chicane compex Les Fagnes crossing in frobt of someone out of control. I waited again. Then i started my race. I begun catching up had a nice first fight with Siegfried (?) Which ended when I forced a mistake on his part, then I caught up with the people in front, in the zone, and I got to the first corner, went in too aggressively spun out... then tried to recover again, crashed again, eventually caught up to Siegfried (?) And forced second mistake but my race by that point was kind of done. I didn't see anyone else. In my pitstop I changed my tyres to softs to boot. Bad idea. I literally had to slow my pace by about a second to be able to keep the tyres from just melting. Anyway, first time I drove this car in anger and it is amazing! Good races everyone.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%