AC Formula RSS 3 @ Spa - Wednesday 12 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If there's an easy, non tech, way to make a skin could someone please send me a hint? Would love to have one, and obviously would very beautiful:geek:. I could do it in Paint?:p:roflmao:

Last edited:
If there's an easy, non tech, way to make a skin could someone please send me a hint? Would love to have one, and obviously would very beautiful. I could do it in Paint?:p:roflmao:

No you will need to use layers John, so paint would be no good. Next to PS I would recommend gimp it is free and will allow you to use layers. I use PS but have many years of experience with it, I done a lot of skins when I was with iRacing..basically self taught.

It is not an easy thing to learn John, if you download gimp and spend a week or two learning how to work with layers (watching videos and reading) although it clicks quicker with some. When you know how gimp works download a template and mess around with it. Then you need to learn how to get it into the sim/game, there are several tutorials around that you can download, but it is different process for each sim.

If you have a lot of time on your hands and it really does interest you ..go for it :thumbsup:

No you will need to use layers John, so paint would be no good. Next to PS I would recommend gimp it is free and will allow you to use layers. I use PS but have many years of experience with it, I done a lot of skins when I was with iRacing..basically self taught.

It is not an easy thing to learn John, if you download gimp and spend a week or two learning how to work with layers (watching videos and reading) although it clicks quicker with some. When you know how gimp works download a template and mess around with it. Then you need to learn how to get it into the sim/game, there are several tutorials around that you can download, but it is different process for each sim.

If you have a lot of time on your hands and it really does interest you ..go for it :thumbsup:
Thanks Craig, though ashamedly I have no idea - you lost me at 'layers':roflmao:

So , if anyone would like ideas to design a skin from an F3 designer legend here's a couple of pointers, says very selfish me:p:
ChevronB24-WarrenBriggs-Monterey2018-400x300.jpg

Chevron logo.jpg

Hey! No harm in suggesting :)

Last edited:
Thanks Craig, though ashamedly I have no idea - you lost me at 'layers':roflmao:

So , if anyone would like ideas to design a skin from an F3 designer legend here's a couple of pointers, says very selfish me:p:
View attachment 309423
View attachment 309424
Hey! No harm in suggesting :)

It is far from easy John and a complicated skin can take up to a couple of days to complete (depending on free time of course) ...It is unlikely you will get anybody to take it on for free ..expect to pay around £10.00 :thumbsup: ...once it is done though it is your for life ..you can even request you name on it ...the car you have posted a picture of, would be a fairly simple skin to make, but of course there is still several hours involved..£5.00 maybe.

It is far from easy John and a complicated skin can take up to a couple of days to complete (depending on free time of course) ...It is unlikely you will get anybody to take it on for free ..expect to pay around £10.00 :thumbsup: ...once it is done though it is yours for life ..you can even request you name on it ...the car you have posted a picture of, would be a fairly simple skin to make, but of course there is still several hours involved.
Thanks Craig, I didn't realise it was such a big job, I'll put my nostalgia behind me:D

...go for it :thumbsup:

Are there any rules in regards to the content/context of the skins, i.e., could one use a 'Dick Dastardly Motor Sports' logo :D

View attachment 309203
Spa-Francorchamps needs no introduction, it is one of the classic race circuits, beloved by drivers and spectators alike, where today the true essence of speed can be explored in spectacular style. We are staying with the Formula 3 car from RRS, she should be a blast around this circuit.

ADVANCED - INTERMEDIATE - BEGINNER - EVERYBODY IS VERY WELCOME TO JOIN

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also be using your FULL REAL NAME in any of the RD servers, on Teamspeak, in Assetto Corsa and on your forum profile (click here).

Join us: Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate as well.

Server and Teamspeak Password: click here
Teamspeak Installation Guide: click here
(Handy guide to setup teamspeak)
Tracks, Cars, Apps Installation Guide: click here (Handy guide to install non AC content)

Incident Reporting: click here
Racing Club Rules: click here

Practice Server: Racedepartment.com EU PRACTICE RSS #04
Race Server: Racedepartment.com EU RACE RSS #05

Car: Formula RSS 3 V6 1.0 Download

Track
: Spa Franchorchamps (Default Content)
Layout: N/A
Track Temps: 20c
Track Condition: Clear

Schedule (EU):
Wed 12 June 2019
Official practice: 19:00 UTC (20 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:20 UTC (20 minutes)
Race: 19:40 UTC (40 minutes)

Entry List :
  1. Ken Bell
  2. [B][COLOR=#0059b3]Craig Dunkley[/COLOR][/B] - Race Host
  3. Raresch
  4. BloodySalmonMan
  5. Lesley Buurlage
  6. Ka3tsa
  7. Goose
  8. Dennis Manke
  9. Celtic Pharaoh
  10. hape
  11. Anders Jensen
  12. pattikins
  13. VRTSmith
  14. Free slot
  15. Free slot
  16. Free slot

UTP# 02 -CD
Hello, sign me i please. Back from the dead!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back