AC Formula RSS 3 @ Spa - Wednesday 12 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Craig Dunkley Thanks for tonight's event, much appreciated:thumbsup: Well done to the podium guys, fantastic pace and fair racing, love the videos too:D

_________________________________________________________________________________
This is quite negative, though I think it's a general subject, for drivers with these cars in particular:

1. Please can we make Helicorsa (or equivalent, such as Criewchief, preferably both!) AND a track map compulsory so there's no excuse for 'I didn't see you'. I and others were taken out by one person rejoining that used DRS on the opening lap and ran a train wreck at the end of the first straight, ruining at least 5 other people's races in a huge wipe-out, waited for 3 of them, then went on to do the same thing to Paul Conway.

@Miguel Batista , this is isn't the first time, hence I'm naming you. You were asking for fuel, tyres, pit stop info and other tips in TS before the race, and I have no problem with that, but if you're not prepared couldn't you just chill on the first few laps to find your feet... because you're obviously not prepared?

2. The DRS issue; tried to clarify in chat that it was not to be used for the first lap and only when you're less than 1 second behind someone - answer came back that it was to be used on/from 3rd lap, then 1 second rule. If you watch the replay there's at least 5 cars with DRS open on the opening lap.

3. Opening laps; a few love taps from others, a slightly misjudged braking point, committed and can't avoid a bit of contact with 2 in a corner - that's OK, that's racing.

I hope that's the first rage quit I'll ever have here.

Reallt nice race. Had almost no practice but could see my pace improving dramatically. Sadly, lag spike early race made me cause an accident. my tyres were cooked though and I didn't notice so I crashed again on the chicane compex Les Fagnes crossing in frobt of someone out of control. I waited again. Then i started my race. I begun catching up had a nice first fight with Siegfried (?) Which ended when I forced a mistake on his part, then I caught up with the people in front, in the zone, and I got to the first corner, went in too aggressively spun out... then tried to recover again, crashed again, eventually caught up to Siegfried (?) And forced second mistake but my race by that point was kind of done. I didn't see anyone else. In my pitstop I changed my tyres to softs to boot. Bad idea. I literally had to slow my pace by about a second to be able to keep the tyres from just melting. Anyway, first time I drove this car in anger and it is amazing! Good races everyone.
'Lag spike' made you use DRS open on the first lap? Are you kidding, did you not know this was a 'no'? I was right behind you, you didn't wait for those you took off, or you couldn't see them 'cos of 'lag spike'?:rolleyes:

Last edited:
'Lag spike' made you use DRS open on the first lap? Are you kidding, did you not know this was a 'no'? I was right behind you, you didn't wait for those you took off, or you couldn't see them 'cos of 'lag spike'?:rolleyes:
I did not know DRS was forbidden. Only discovered after the race. I used it extensively too. Had a lag spike first lap on the chicane area after the main straight. I did wait for everyone in the two crashes I caused.

This is quite negative, though I think it's a general subject, for drivers with these cars in particular:

I am sorry that you had such a bad experience John, I know you was looking forward to this one and put in a lot of practice.

DRS ..I blame myself entirely for this, I wanted to sort it out in TS, sadly people kept talking over me? ..I realised later on that my mic was not working...I will get it sorted out before the next event...yes DRS and my darn mic.

Yes we had a few "hot heads" ..personally on the first lap I just try to hold my qualify position, get myself in a comfortable rhythm, before I even start to think about passing anybody..what is the point in charging off at the start and say pass four cars (maybe hit several in the process) ..all those cars that you just passed, because they were being cautious (first lap) are all faster than you? brilliant, so now you have four drivers behind you that are faster than you, are you going to allow them to come back pass you safely?.....I hope you can understand what I am saying? yes it's a race, but let it develop, work out your options, find your place in the race ..Chill out man, its a 40 minutes race. If you can pass someone safely great!! go for it and because you waited and you knew you were quicker in most parts of the circuit, you are far more likely to hold that position ..but remember, do not attack in an area of the track, that is going to put you both at risk.. some drivers have put in hours and hours of practice ...

I am not naming anybody, I have not even watched the replay, I really do not want to ...but let's all chill for a lap or two :thumbsup:

Last edited:
:thumbsup:Thanks Craig, you summed it up perfectly, and looking at the fast guys as always, it was pleasure to see the epitome of 'to finish first, first you have to finish'. Agree with the chill bit, my apologies for going to the 'dark side', I shouldn't have spoiled it for others.:(

:thumbsup:Thanks Craig, you summed it up perfectly, and looking at the fast guys as always, it was pleasure to see the epitome of 'to finish first, first you have to finish'. Agree with the chill bit, my apologies for going to the 'dark side', I shouldn't have spoiled it for others.:(

No worries John, we all have a boiling point and this evening you reached yours, you did not spoil it for anybody.

@Craig Dunkley Thanks for tonight's event, much appreciated:thumbsup: Well done to the podium guys, fantastic pace and fair racing, love the videos too:D

_________________________________________________________________________________

1. Please can we make Helicorsa (or equivalent, such as Criewchief, preferably both!) AND a track map compulsory so there's no excuse for 'I didn't see you'. I and others were taken out by one person rejoining that used DRS on the opening lap and ran a train wreck at the end of the first straight, ruining at least 5 other people's races in a huge wipe-out, waited for 3 of them, then went on to do the same thing to Paul Conway.

@Miguel Batista , this is isn't the first time, hence I'm naming you. You were asking for fuel, tyres, pit stop info and other tips in TS before the race, and I have no problem with that, but if you're not prepared couldn't you just chill on the first few laps to find your feet... because you're obviously not prepared?

2. The DRS issue; tried to clarify in chat that it was not to be used for the first lap and only when you're less than 1 second behind someone - answer came back that it was to be used on/from 3rd lap, then 1 second rule. If you watch the replay there's at least 5 cars with DRS open on the opening lap.

3. Opening laps; a few love taps from others, a slightly misjudged braking point, committed and can't avoid a bit of contact with 2 in a corner - that's OK, that's racing.

oh. ... so that's why I was seeing you on ACTracker again and again and again passing you every lap and saying: Where is he, cause he is not on the track? :)) (and feeling somehow better cause I was faster :) )

I use CarRadar instead of Helicorsa. I hope that's ok. I find the CarRadar graphics easier to spot while racing.

about DRS: maybe the rules should be written in the announcement for the event. So when you sign up you know all of them. something below the golden rule. The DRS app is pretty useful: it has a Red and Green flag that shows you if you can use the DRS or not. Unfortunately, this doesn't stop you from turning it on anyway, as I did by mistake in lap 2 :( ... but closed it 0,2s later as soon as I realized I was not allowed. I did release the throttle a bit to get to the same delta until the car in front. Also, the app calculates if the DRS is enabled at DRS detection zones and not at the start of DRS zone and has a Beep sound when you reach the DRS zone and you are allowed to use it. (something like the F1 2018 implementation if anyone had ever played). Also, the app turns green at the detection point, so you know you will have DRS in the next area.
Then, might happen other things, like it actually happened to me: the DRS detection said I was green for the next DRS zone, but, when I reached the DRS zone, I have already passed the car in front of me ... the app was green: do I go for it or not?

If we want it to work, we should put them out and clear. As the next race is at Donington, which I don't think has DRS zones IRL, we have 2 weeks to debate how we should implement DRS or if we turn it off.

Last edited:
For what is worth, I apologise for any grievances caused. Not my intention to ruin anyone's night and I will be sure to be more careful next race.

As for the DRS, I am fine with a house rule of using it as they do in real F1. But I really don't feel it as a loss if we just keep it disabled. The cars are way too much fun even without it and there is good racing to be had regardless.

Maybe the simplest solution is the best.

I was one of the five that opened up the DRS on the opening and subsequent laps. I was totally unaware of the unofficial rules regarding the use of DRS in the DRS zones. I must've been taking one of my [too many] 'comfort breaks' when it was discussed. Clearly this gave me an unfair advantage to other drivers around me so please accept my apologies.

If it helps I got my comeuppance @ the entry to Les Combes and then I got squeezed off the road at Bruxelles from one of the cleanest and fairest drivers that I've raced against. I made plenty of my own mistakes after that incident so it's a race best forgotten.

Last edited:
I was one of the five that opened up the DRS on the opening and subsequent laps. I was totally unaware of the unofficial rules regarding the use of DRS in the DRS zones. I must've been taking one of my [too many] 'comfort breaks' when it was discussed. Clearly this gave me an unfair advantage to other drivers around me so please accept my apologies.

If it helps I got my comeuppance @ the entry to Les Combes and then I got squeezed off the road at Bruxelles from one of the cleanest and fairest drivers that I've raced against. I made plenty of my own mistakes after that incident so it's a race best forgotten.

It is not a problem m8 ...it was totally my fault, everybody got mixed messages and I am supposed to be hosting ..sadly I let you all down, I am going to disable it, these cars have great slipstream anyway

It is not a problem m8 ...it was totally my fault, everybody got mixed messages and I am supposed to be hosting ..sadly I let you all down, I am going to disable it, these cars have great slipstream anyway
DRS sucks anyway. A positive move. I never even got to use it once, I was about 1.2 seconds behind someone at a detection zone about 8 times.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back