AC Formula RSS 3 @ @ Paul Ricard - Wednesday 05 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks for tonight's event Craig, your hard work and great combo's are always appreciated!:thumbsup:

I still haven't figured out how I got to where I finished:roflmao: First few laps I could keep the gap-ish to the leaders, brain fade arrived early and went off:O_o: I guess some of the quick guys had problems, but I'll take the result happily:p

Huge thanks to all for mega fair racing, makes these events something to really look forward to:thumbsup::)

My setup below, not the quickest but 'driveable' (for me anyway:p), it's a bit soft but helped with the strange kerbs at this track.

Attachments

• Paul Ricard racejp.sp
    291 bytes · Views: 135
great race. one of the best I have had for a long time. Great bunch of guys and fair driving. Grats to John Power for the win. Thanks to Goose for the help.
Love this car. Would be great at SPA @Craig Dunkley Hint Hint

First of all well done john, it was a privilege to be lapped by you, it was the rest of the field lapping
me i was not so impressed by.:(
Sorry to @Craig Dunkley for the late start, i tried my best to get home.:)
Really wanted to see how you drive these cars, luckily got lapped by the leaders and watched how
they did it.
Had loads and loads of spins for umpteen reasons, kept forgetting to reset the “drs” that did not help.
i should really be moaning, but i really enjoyed myself.
But i found the car difficult, for me anyway, it was a baptism of fire.:rolleyes:

tenor.gif
And that is the problem right there..heat = small grids, the only thing I can think of that may help, is keep the race time little.
@Zeljko "Goose" Gusatovic . Meh, young un's these days, what's up with you guys trying stay too cool, it's easy!:p:p

First of all well done john, it was a privilege to be lapped by you, it was the rest of the field lapping
me i was not so impressed by.:(
Sorry to @Craig Dunkley for the late start, i tried my best to get home.:)
Really wanted to see how you drive these cars, luckily got lapped by the leaders and watched how
they did it.
Had loads and loads of spins for umpteen reasons, kept forgetting to reset the “drs” that did not help.
i should really be moaning, but i really enjoyed myself.
But i found the car difficult, for me anyway, it was a baptism of fire.:rolleyes:
haha, I did too Ernie, kept going off 'cos I forgot to hit the button, then realised that for the corner at the end of the straight I'd lose no time by keeping it flat but a little 'very shallow' dab on the brake pedal - I guess it was enough to tell the DRS to switch off but wasn't really braking, hope I've made makes sense!

Nice combo @Craig Dunkley !

It took a while to get used to using the DRS, I didn't use the app just turned it on when needed and hit the button to turn it off or let the application of brake disengage it. I did miss using it on a couple of straights, an extra two seconds on those laps.

The plan was to pit and take on a few liters of fuel and new tires as my estimates were I'd be a lap or two short. Halfway through and I could see I wouldn't need any extra fuel so just hoped the tires were good to go, they were.

Thanks RD, Craig and all that attended!

Funnily the leader applied the DRS too early at the start of the long straight, boy was he gone
in a big way. ( just overtaken me a lap prior )
Well, bugger me, john and dennis ( don’t take that too literally) i did not know the drs could be reset to off via the brakes
For me it was reset drs at bridge, that very slightly slowed the car, keeping foot flat for the bend.
This is the important bit, hold breath, and pray, had quite a few near misses, my right foot
was under a huge pressure to lift, i knew if i did i would be off. i almost succumbed to the
pressure to lift couple of times, i yielded and started to lift the back immediately started to go.
Drive this car at 99% and its a doddle, 100% is an entirely different matter.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.6%