AC Formula RSS 3 @ @ Paul Ricard - Wednesday 05 June 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
With regards to DRS ...we will have a "Gentlemen's" agreement with the use of "DRS" but if you find it confusing you are very welcome to op out of the agreement, I certainly do not want to put a barrier up in front of new drivers wanting to join this event. Nobody will know that you have opted out :thumbsup: ..just do not download the app and say nothing :thumbsup:

Basically what I am trying to say is "seasoned" drivers will most likely op into the DRS agreement and use this app .. ACRL DRS (RaceDepartment Flavour) 1.3b Download.

Others may find the whole process confusing and op out, this is fine and certainly not a problem for anybody, or a condition to enter this event.

NOT SURE how to use DRS? ..it is very easy, when DRS lights up on the car wheel, just press your mapped button (or keyboard key) you will know when you have successfully enabled DRS, because a green light will come on in top right of your car wheel ..that is it, welcome to DRS :thumbsup: it will turn off by itself. To map a button or keyboard just go to your "controls" settings option and look for DRS.
There seems not to be any DRS zones on this track. Corrected, the entire track is open for DRS.
How do we manage that?

My point being that you can use DRS everywhere on the track. There aren't specified DRS zones. The amber light on the steering wheel is always on.

Sorry Goose have not tested it ..if that is the case I may have to disable it ..something will be done :thumbsup:

an open wing wouldn't make you slower in corners? because you will lose downforce at the rear end and it will just spin easier?
but if all the track is DRS enabled ... then you could use it exactly as you exit the corner ... this might be tricky.

OK I am there now, you are very correct, the whole course is a DRS hot zone ...I say we just use DRS as and when we like. The only other option is to disable it and that would not be realistic either. Had I know I would not have chosen this track, but it is to late to change now.

I am open to suggestions, it makes no difference to me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Put me down please Craig, out all day hope to get back in time, pc in bits, hope to get that
done as well. so please forgive if i cannot make it.
have not raced this week at all, and seeing such a depleted field, nothing worse than a low number
turn out. will have to practice with the car as i go.:)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.