AC Formula RSS 3 @ @ Monza - Wednesday 29 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Are we going to be using the DRS App made by @Celtic Pharaoh for the F1 races back in the day? (Beeps when within 1s at DRS zone during race) I'll be using it rather than abusing DRS all the time - seems fairer especially at Monza.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acrl-drs-racedepartment-flavour.19869/
The app would need to be updated as it won't work with the RSS F3 car without some modifications. I can do that tonight but may be too short notice for everyone to use it.

Best thing I would suggest is making a gentleman's agreement not to use DRS unless the Realtime app shows a gap less than 1.0 to the driver ahead. Probably best brought up at the end of qualifying in TS

The app would need to be updated as it won't work with the RSS F3 car without some modifications. I can do that tonight but may be too short notice for everyone to use it.

Best thing I would suggest is making a gentleman's agreement not to use DRS unless the Realtime app shows a gap less than 1.0 to the driver ahead. Probably best brought up at the end of qualifying in TS

I've already modified my version so I can use it in my own races anyway ;)

hi,
I keep getting this error every time I exit the practice server. Is there something I didn't install?

You certainly should not be getting that message for sure, something is giving you a script error ...my only suggestion would be to delete the mod and install again...but you may never solve the issue, if after deleting and installing again does not work? then I would not worry about it...it will not damage anything :thumbsup:

TC and ABS are activated on trainingsserver... will it stay like that?

The setting used on the server are "Factory" ..so if the car comes with TC and ABC then you will have that option...in this case the car does come with TC and ABS, so you will have that option :thumbsup:

The race server will always use the exact same settings as the practice server, unless otherwise stated in the event post (which so far has never happened :thumbsup:

In real life, you may only use DRS (in a race) in a DRS zone when within 1 second of the car ahead at the DRS detection line. DRS is also only enabled on lap 3. Assetto Corsa does not simulate DRS detection in any way, so simply allows you to use it every lap every time you enter a DRS zone regardless of distance to the car ahead. The app I linked beeps when you're within 1 second and posts a chat message if you do it illegally.

But this is not real life? ..in real life there is 100% damage, we are using 10% ..so I do not understand why you are trying to replicate only some issues from the real life? who gets to decide what we replicate and not replicate? I think it has to be all or none? I am happy to put damage on 100% if that is what the majority wants :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Not this steer assistance no ..this is related to you FFB ...if your wheel is rattling? ..then turn this up :thumbsup:
Oh ... so this is what I was supposed to do ... G29 was all over the place when I first entered the car: first, there was no FFB at all, and then, even at 30% it was vibrating so hard I barely could have held it and the sound was infernal. I had to deactivate FFB Clip and put the general FFB force for the car at 14 or 15. I will try tonight to put FFB clip back again and raise that value.
Thanks for the explanation.

Have somebody a good setup for this car on this track?:)
I'd like one too Dennis!

Tried it last night for the first time and a little play by reduced rear wing by 1 click, increased front wing by 2, softened front arb by 2, lowered all round by 1. Also increased rear toe (by 2 I think) which helped stop oversteer on corner entry.

I wasn't getting very fast times but felt I could race with it OK. Not much I know, but hope it helps:)

But this is not real life? ..in real life there is 100% damage, we are using 10% ..so I do not understand why you are trying to replicate only some issues from the real life? who gets to decide what we replicate and not replicate? I think it has to be all or none? I am happy to put damage on 100% if that is what the majority wants :thumbsup:

I'm not trying to get us to "decide what we replicate and not replicate", I was asking a question. No I don't think we should be on 100% obviously, but I was trying to make a simple suggestion that may improve the racing, because this was the way DRS was designed, not to be used every lap. If the answer is "no we aren't going to bother" then that's fine!

I'm not trying to get us to "decide what we replicate and not replicate", I was asking a question. No I don't think we should be on 100% obviously, but I was trying to make a simple suggestion that may improve the racing, because this was the way DRS was designed, not to be used every lap. If the answer is "no we aren't going to bother" then that's fine!

I do not think we can pick and choose what we want or not want ..this is club racing, it would just be another barrier for a new driver..I have used this app and it is great, but I believe it is more suited to League racing not club!

The setting used on the server are "Factory" ..so if the car comes with TC and ABC then you will have that option...in this case the car does come with TC and ABS, so you will have that option :thumbsup:

The race server will always use the exact same settings as the practice server, unless otherwise stated in the event post (which so far has never happened :thumbsup:

Ok this makes sense. I know the RSS3 is a fictional mod orientated by the formula 3. But does F3 have TC and ABS? It would be new to me. I personally would like to have a challange without driving aids (I drive way to much GT3) but surely this could ruin the car for some drivers that have less practice with these sort of cars.

I'm on the practice server now and I noticed the ABS and Traction as well. I've been racing this car for a few weeks on my own server with the settings set to "Factory" and there's no ABS or Traction on the car, so think the setting's wrong on the practice server.

Edit: Also, it says when you're on the server "TC: Yes / ABS: Yes" where I think it normally says "Factory"

server_list.ini

TC_ALLOWED=1 ; 0 -> no car can use TC, 1 -> only car provided with TC can use it; 2-> any car can use TC
ABS_ALLOWED=1 ; 0 -> no car can use ABS, 1 -> only car provided with ABS can use it; 2-> any car can use ABS

server_list.ini

FUEL_RATE=100
DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER=10
TYRE_WEAR_RATE=100
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=2
ABS_ALLOWED=2
TC_ALLOWED=2
START_RULE=2
RACE_GAS_PENALTY_DISABLED=1

You are very correct Joseph ..I can remember now we last used this server with GT4 and I enabled TC and ABS for the Maserati ....the settings are still the same :(

@Lucas Gerlach as above ..sorry guys will sort this now :thumbsup:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies