AC Formula RSS 3 @ @ Monza - Wednesday 29 May 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I do not understand what you are saying? why does it have anything to do with another car? ..you drive into a DRS zone and enable DRS ,,when you come out of the DRS zone it disables

In real life, you may only use DRS (in a race) in a DRS zone when within 1 second of the car ahead at the DRS detection line. DRS is also only enabled on lap 3. Assetto Corsa does not simulate DRS detection in any way, so simply allows you to use it every lap every time you enter a DRS zone regardless of distance to the car ahead. The app I linked beeps when you're within 1 second and posts a chat message if you do it illegally.

Well as I see it, DRS is an overtaking assist system made for F1 cars which struggle to even follow closely. This means they get DRS as a "crutch" style system to make them able to follow and potentially overtake the car in front more easily. As the RSS F3 car is much less downforce dependent than a full F1 car it's much easier to follow the car ahead in dirty air, especially since AC's simulation of dirty air is minimal even in a F1 car. This to me means that using DRS such as they do in F1 will simply result in people following each other around and swapping places every time they reach a straight. With DRS as it is in AC it allows the cars to reach higher (more fun?) speeds and is neutral with regards to aiding one driver or another. Personally I'd rather have it as it is standard in AC, otherwise it'll be an additional barrier to entry for anyone wanting to join the event to have to learn and will also not be particularly enforceable ("I was sure I heard the beep" "My headset isn't good" "I pressed it by accident").

TLDR: Standard DRS for me please :roflmao:

hi,
I keep getting this error every time I exit the practice server. Is there something I didn't install?

Attachments

• Adnotare 2019-05-28 223141.png
    Adnotare 2019-05-28 223141.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 115
did someone has drivable setup? The stiffer i made the car it is undrivable? Any suggestions in which direction you take it?
hape

I'll post a setup tomorrow probably. Not done yet but the trick is getting the ride heights in the right range for aero - the lower the better for the front (without too much bottoming out), but you don't want the rear lower than 18mm for the diffuser to work. Hard to set up this car for this track tbh.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%