Formula One to Review Qualifying Format for 2019

Try out-Googling ANY track (F1) lap record and see what will you get. Here's my example.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Modern Grand Prix Circuit
Length 5.793 km (3.600 mi)
Turns 11
RACE lap record 1:21.046 ( Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari, 2004)

Something totally different is "fastest car has ever go around" as you saying now.
But I guess you'll again have some (other) argument...

Try out-Googling ANY track (F1) lap record and see what will you get. Here's my example.

Autodromo Nazionale Monza
Modern Grand Prix Circuit
Length 5.793 km (3.600 mi)
Turns 11
RACE lap record 1:21.046 ( Rubens Barrichello, Ferrari, 2004)

Something totally different is "fastest car has ever go around" as you saying now.
But I guess you'll again have some (other) argument...

Whoa, nah man, I’m not trying to pick a fight or win an argument.

I’m just saying I enjoy watching qualifying because it’s a showcase of the cars in their fastest configuration for the weekend. And I believe that’s the entertainment that qualifying provides, but the current format doesn’t present it well.

Ok.
And I do agree that that one shot qualifying was actually not bad.
Every car got (just) one chance, sponsors were satisfied, and it was thrilling cause you know... it was all or nothing. But sadly I still feel liek Lewis would be on pole. :D
Dammit... it was fun time, except that world famous Trulli-train. Jarno was (always) amazingly fast in qualy and his Toyota wasn't really race winning material, at that time there was no DRS or any such a thing and (where are now those who complain about no overtaking in today's F1:D) all the people can do is just follow him, lap by lap, race by race. Their only chance was that he'll get stuck in pits, or that Toyota fall apart. :)

Personally i have never watched a qualifying session in 10 years. I don't like the knockout format. Basically all that matters is where you start. There is no refueling so teams are on similar strategies. Tire compounds are the only difference in performance. The cars are closer together. 6th place years ago meant you were a lap down. I have seen drivers in a fast car get a stupid penalty for changing a engine or Gearbox and whip there way from the back of the pack to the front. Ok a smart driver at the back will let you through knowing you are faster and working round a stupid rule and let you round politely. But speed on Sunday afternoon is what counts. Not Friday or Saturday. At the end of the day the press report will log where you where when the checkerd flag fell.:ninja:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.