Formula Legacy Manager 2 - 80s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda happy that Lauda got his DNF at the race I knew I had no chance to win. So we got away with maximum wins and a healthy lead!
But hopefully no more DNFs till the end. Our good reliability should honour that.

Good thing I left. Looks like with the latest rule changes winning races is once again exclusive for T1 teams, like it was in the first iteration of the game. T2 not better than P4, and T3 the odd point when many retire (even with 2 A drivers). Flat-out boring if you ask me, considering a few seasons back T2 could take wins, even Fittipaldi with a T3 Honda once.

Good thing I left. Looks like with the latest rule changes winning races is once again exclusive for T1 teams, like it was in the first iteration of the game. T2 not better than P4, and T3 the odd point when many retire (even with 2 A drivers). Flat-out boring if you ask me, considering a few seasons back T2 could take wins, even Fittipaldi with a T3 Honda once.
Lauda and Lafitte in 1978?

LXaA2LX.png

1980 Formula One Season (13-15)

blYa5qs.png

xWLTCzO.png

TtEz9RT.png

PMHEWWt.png

1Ziz8mX.png

The 1980 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

Off Season instructions will follow...

0SnUin9.png

In Red, the picks of the teams that already have a A driver and that can't sign another A driver.
r6t9EiG.png

You have 48h to buy, sell, trade or fire a driver (or a signing position) !
You have 72h to send me your wish-list :thumbsup:

Great. My first #1 pick in decades, and there are zero Class A drivers.

Also, signing order Alfa vs. Toleman is wrong? Or was there a trade we didn't see?

Last edited:
Lauda and Lafitte in 1978?
It's because they were good. And not all the tier 1 teams realized how powerful the podium sponsor was, yet. That year was more the exception than the norm.
And we both pushed to one dev path each. The tier 1 teams focused on both paths (and slightly less on your path, allowing Laffite to win too). So we could kinda catch up on PP, just. Before the sponsor changes, a driver of Lauda's skill could easily finish top 3 and get 3-4 wins, with how easy it was for tier 2 to outvalue tier 1 on sponsor choice (win=2/top 5=1 vs top 5=2)
But, after Lauda joined tier 1 in 1979, Arrows got 28/30 PP from the sponsor, Ferrari got 26/30. In 1980, Arrows and Ferrari got 24/30, Renault got 28/30. These 20+ numbers are so easy to get now in tier 1, and it's too much for tier 2 to catch up. Maybe only McLaren could have done it this season if they pushed to one path, but McLaren has an A*** lineup, so again, it's an exception rather than the norm.

Great. My first #1 pick in decades, and there are zero Class A drivers.

Also, signing order Alfa vs. Toleman is wrong? Or was there a trade we didn't see?
The order is correct as Toleman finished ahead of Alfa.

I was looking at it for the whole year. Personally was rooting for Tyrrell as I'm scared of the prospect of Jones or Rosberg entering tier 1 :redface:

Brabham's promotion indeed probably sealed my relegation in 1982, if I survive 1981 that is.

The fact that I only got 1 podium in the entire season is annoying, and backs that up for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes