Cars Formula Hybrid 2017 by Race Sim Studio

After you downloaded the mod from the link RSS send to your email, you open the archive you downloaded until you see the folder 'content' in it and this folder you have to unpack to your AC installation path.

Quick question..are all the cars and all the a.i. drivers at the same level? I mean, driving a Ferrari or an Haas will make any difference in speed, grip etc? I'm trying to simulate a race and drivers ability are completely "random"...like a pole position by Palmer on Renault while Hamilton struggling in 18th position...is this a limitation of AC or the Mod? Any chance to edit drivers and cars values? Thank you! :)

Quick question..are all the cars and all the a.i. drivers at the same level? I mean, driving a Ferrari or an Haas will make any difference in speed, grip etc? I'm trying to simulate a race and drivers ability are completely "random"...like a pole position by Palmer on Renault while Hamilton struggling in 18th position...is this a limitation of AC or the Mod? Any chance to edit drivers and cars values? Thank you! :)
If you use Content Manager, you can edit ai levels for individual drivers. When editing your grid just set the ai levels manually so for example the Mercedes are 100 and the Saubers are like 90.

If you use Content Manager, you can edit ai levels for individual drivers. When editing your grid just set the ai levels manually so for example the Mercedes are 100 and the Saubers are like 90.

There you are..thank you mate! It's a shame that such great simulation (I mean AC) has a such bad damage system...never a puncture, not a single debries (would be great to get a puncture due to them) or loose a tyre\wings in a collision...I really hope they'll improve this damge system...

you guys removed the electronic track presets in the update why?
I liked them to bad they are gone just saying
I would also like to know. My lap times at Spa are on average something like 3 seconds slower after the update. I'm losing speed EVERYWHERE and it's making me very sad as I hate seeing all my sector times in the red no matter what I do :(

Me too. I miss the old presets. I'm also 3 seconds a lap slower at Spa. ERS deployment I think is causing a lot of the lost time. When I did some running this morning I went with 'balanced low' and manual deployed up the kemmel straight, but still ran out going back up the hill to the bus stop. Anyone have recommended wing settings and ERS settings for Spa? I was running wing 11(front) & 1 (rear) and topped out at 204mph but when I took my finger off the kers button it dropped a couple of MPH. Would the 'tops speed' setting be better suited?

Im using 22 front and 2 rear wings settings, more stable and better lap times. Also for ERS, use top speed sec 1 and 3 and balanced low in sec 2. My best so far is a 1:43.8

Thanks, I'll give that a try. My previous best in the v2 car was a 1:43.9 so I hope to get back down towards that! I did still find the car quite stable though even with the lower wing settings and was able to take eau rouge completely flat

Im using 22 front and 2 rear wings settings, more stable and better lap times. Also for ERS, use top speed sec 1 and 3 and balanced low in sec 2. My best so far is a 1:43.8

You're obviously a much better driver than me! I spent an hour running this morning and lowered it to a 1:46.201, with a theoretical best of 1:45.975. Tried your wing settings but it was just slower for me. Ended up with 13 front and 1 rear - the only corner I struggled with nailing was Pouhon (flat out - I did manage it) - everywhere else I felt like there was plenty of downforce and stability. Found that just leaving the ERS in 'Top speed' mode for the whole lap also seemed to work out best for me.

I felt that I gave it my all on that lap and I can't really go any faster. I did make a few small mistakes but as a complete lap I can't do any better I don't think.

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2017_s1_ks_silverstone_10-8-117-16-34-9 by Nathan Hayman, on Flickr
FULL ALBUM, basically RSS only now: https://www.flickr.com/photos/139609811@N06/albums/72157667843093533

you really appreciate how bloody complex and mean these cars look at certain angles with certain colours - bravo CC and team.

Dave, have you tried using different recovery options? maybe your driving style suits higher/lower recovery?

Wow... Some great shots there. I need to learn how to use the camera better as it doesn't quite relate to the controls on a real camera. Love the shot of the 72D with the wires coming out of the engine!

As for recovery, I think I was running 40% recovery with engine brake at 3 or 4. I think it's just a lack of talent to be honest lol as I can usually get around the pole times for 2016 in this car but can't go much better at most circuits.

Anyone want to share a Spa setup for v3? I was driving the VRC Renault R25 and the ASR F2004 yesterday and was in the 1:45s with both of them - Formula Hybrid should be a bit faster so this is really bugging me. Think I'm going to go back to default setup and start from there (with my limited setup knowledge). I just compared my previous best 1:43.9 with v2 and I was actually slower at the end of the straights (by 3mph on kemmel) in that lap and I was a gear higher in quite a few corners, so clearly more downforce is needed than 13 front, 1 rear!

Anyone want to share a Spa setup for v3? I was driving the VRC Renault R25 and the ASR F2004 yesterday and was in the 1:45s with both of them - Formula Hybrid should be a bit faster so this is really bugging me. Think I'm going to go back to default setup and start from there (with my limited setup knowledge). I just compared my previous best 1:43.9 with v2 and I was actually slower at the end of the straights (by 3mph on kemmel) in that lap and I was a gear higher in quite a few corners, so clearly more downforce is needed than 13 front, 1 rear!

Went back to stock setup, took out some fuel and bolted the ultrasofts on and managed to do a 1:45.723 today so am a lot happier now. My theoretical best was a 1:45.4 so clearly not the perfect lap but will leave it at that for now as I'm getting closer back towards where I was with v2 of the car.

:D

M
Went back to stock setup, took out some fuel and bolted the ultrasofts on and managed to do a 1:45.723 today so am a lot happier now. My theoretical best was a 1:45.4 so clearly not the perfect lap but will leave it at that for now as I'm getting closer back towards where I was with v2 of the car.

:D
My best lap time with stock setup is 1:46.205 using v3. With a "perfect" lap I could lower it to 1:45.950. Maybe I am just not a super driver, but I felt I gave it all. I just have no grip in the fast corners lowering the downforce to 13 front and 1 rear. I lose so much time in the corners and overheat the tyres.

M

My best lap time with stock setup is 1:46.205 using v3. With a "perfect" lap I could lower it to 1:45.950. Maybe I am just not a super driver, but I felt I gave it all. I just have no grip in the fast corners lowering the downforce to 13 front and 1 rear. I lose so much time in the corners and overheat the tyres.
I forgot to mention that I used SuperSoft tyres and not Ultrasoft ones.

Hello everyone, i have a problem with this mod by RSS...
The cars appear on the SELECT CAR menu and also in the showroom, but when trying to race, doesn't load and gets me back to menu. Can anybody help?
Great job btw.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea