Formula FG Championship Season 6

Aidan Keranen

League of Legends Play by Play Caster
Premium
<insert heading picture>
Full cream FFG for the first time this decade, definitely hasn't been left out of the fridge.

Regulations - Not yet updated for Season 6
Full regulations can be found here: WARNING - They are very long. Sorry but minimum loopholes as possible, and minimal ignorance chances.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UQQWHhY1Qg67gx0fCHobwAfU28kTSQHDjExVznFdAnc/edit?usp=sharing
It is assumed that every rule is known by competitors, pleading ignorance to the rules will not be accepted. Every change to the regulations after the start of the season must be and will be made in the full knowing of the championship.
Important Regulations:
As per the Formula 1 system from 2010 onwards
1st - 25
2nd - 18
3rd - 15
4th - 12
5th - 10
6th - 8
7th - 6
8th - 4
9th - 2
10th - 1
Onwards - 0

Engines:
Tier 1 (Mercedes, Renault, Ferrari, Honda): 781-786 HP, 4000-4800 COF, $400 per season but 50% off for best team using those engines the next season.
Tier 2 (Ford/Cosworth, BMW, Porsche, Peugeot, Toyota, Audi): 775-790 HP, 3800-5500 COF, $200 per season.
Tier 3 (any engine manufacturer, see Article 4.2.1 of regulations): 770-790 HP, 4800-6000 COF, $100 per season. (upgrade prices are different)

Income:
Pole: $100
2nd on grid: $50
Fastest Lap: $50

1st: $400
2nd-3rd: $300
4th-5th: $250
6th-10th: $200
11th-15th: $100
15th-22nd: $50

Front row per car: $100
Row 2 or 3 per car: $50

Win race: $300
Top 5: $250
Top 10: $200
Race Finish/Classification: $100
DNF: $50

Sponsors:
One sponsor per driver, one per team. Sponsors can be changed by paying for the amount of the new sponsor.

R: refers to Race sponsor, Q: refers to Qualifying sponsor, B: to both Race and Qualifying
D1 R: Win Race ($300)
D2 R: Points Result ($200)
D3 R: Finish ($100)
D4 Q: Pole Position ($250)
D5 Q: Top Half ($150)
D6 B: Pole/Win ($400)
D7 B: Improve Position ($150)

R: refers to Race sponsor, Q: refers to Qualifying sponsor, B: to both Race and Qualifying
T1 R: Winning Constructor ($350)
T2 R: Double Top 10 ($300)
T3 R: Double Finish ($200)
T4 Q: Front Row Lockout ($300)
T5 Q: Double top half ($150)
T6 B: Either car front row, either podium ($250)
T7 B: Both cars total 10 positions gained ($400)

Upgrades:
Skill - Race or Quali - $100 per 10, mulitples of 5 accepted only.
Variance - Race or Quali - $200 per 25, only adding, minimum 25 purchased, multiples of 25 accepted only.
Car HP - Race or Quali - $300 per 1 HP for Tier 1 and 2. $250 for Tier 3.
Car Reliability - $250 per 100 lessened

Car HP - Race or Quali - $200 per 1 HP for Tier 1 and 2. $150 per 1 HP for Tier 3.
Car Reliability - $150 per 100 lessened
Driver Skill - $250 per 10 skill, single driver
Driver Variance - $400 per 25, can only be bought if driver does

Contracts: (suggested to read full regs)
Contracts between drivers and teams must be signed. Minimum contract price for a driver is $50 per season.

Entries
Soon

vehicles taken: TBC
vehicles locked out: only if teams are carrying over from last season

Calendar
Soon

The calendar this year consists of 17 rounds, 8 of which are permanent, the next 9 get chosen on a year by year basis.
For Season 6 we thank the following authors for use of their tracks.

Standings
Formula FG Championship (Drivers)
Soon

Race by Race
Soon

Formula FG Constructors Championship
Soon

Helpful stuff
SMD-09a (standard car) by MDBSnake
http://www.mediafire.com/download/atann5veb5unnpf/SMD-09a.zip

Helmet shape (Arai GP5)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/rtodu744fhh41di/Arai GP-5 RC 2008.rar
(make sure to use .psd files in template folder)

zmodeler with plugins for GP4.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9o811avn6gj8rrd/ZModeler - works with GP4.rar

video to help with skins, zmodeler, GP4 etc. (thanks to Steven Poirier for sending me this ages ago)

Available Driver List
Show your interest now!

List of Managers
TBC

Manager Waiting List
Open for anyone interested, one spot available to first manager.

Wiki Page
http://race-department-simulation-career.wikia.com/wiki/Formula_FG_Championship

Hi! Okay we're doing this.

Where we are at currently: We need 11 teams. I don't even care about drivers right now it's teams that are important.
From S5 we have the following: @Azabadaza @Jimlaad43 @Márk Lintner @Milos @Lesley Buurlage @kedy89 @Aidan Keranen/@Tim.E @oorjit07 @Carlitox @Matthew Allington @Matt
So everyone here gets first choice on a team. Myself and Tim had come to an agreement to hand over team management to my understanding, so if Tim wants it he's got it, if not I'll likely take it on again.

Ruleset: needs some small updating but we're basically running same as Season 5 at this point with little changes forecast, outside of the 2 races per marketplace. Additional changes or omissions of things likely to happen (looking at test drivers etc).

Calendar: Going to just make one up with some of the more popular tracks/countries that we've had, there will be no vote this season. Fingers crossed for S7.
In terms of start date, I'm aiming for the end of August or start of September.

Car models: I'm considering all shapes are open, however teams that used a model in S5 have first choice on using it again. We'll be locking the shapes between 1991-ish and 2021, the new models won't be accepted. Any questions feel free to ask.

Signing drivers: considering that I'm allowing team managers to drive for any team this season, I'm not hugely worried about teams not having drivers just yet. If teams have signed one or even two drivers, well we'll deal with that as best we can. Hopefully the most important thing is to get 11 teams on the grid first.

I think there's other stuff but yeah, all that will be brought up when necessary.

Yeah sorry, but I remember one season people were asking about using old Indycar models and the different tyres were likely going to affect things
I'm not 100% sure on 2017-2021 models even but we'll give it a go

I tried to contact people from before to be drivers :D (it seams many people left), but we dont have manager cars filled, so Im not that positive that we will have 22 people to have all manager and for every team +1 driver.... It was hard before to get 10 people to play a game on the forums

Last edited:
Will money and contracts or anything like that carry over from the last time for teams/drivers, or is this a good chance to just do a soft reset and treat this as a reboot with historical records and only records still carrying over?

DTK Racing will use this opportunity to announce @rubaru has joined this one-time Constructors Championship winning outfit. The team has the most Race Wins, Points and Wins in a Season in Formula FG history. We hope that rubaru can continue to add to this legacy!

Last edited:
First tag wave.
Hi all firstly tagged people . As I saw that you are making content for a management game and this is a multiplayer forum management game, where there will be commentated races on youtube, I wanted to invite you to be a manager of a team or a race driver. You can read the rules in the first post on this thread. If you want to see the older seasons, you can find them with the same name on the Racedepartment, or if you search it in google.

@bluestilldie00 @Grzeluuu @GLXFX @Aloy_ @Madball123 @Giskard73 @BromleyPlays @Space_Bread @JLair @Torgaz

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back