Formula E | Female Racer Powell To Test For Envision Virgin Racing In Marrakesh

You can probably make a ton more money as a team, if you have a great female driver, but even that great driver would have to fight against tons of hungry young boys.
You just nailed it.:thumbsup:
I guess every F1 team today would gladly hire a woman as a driver - if they could just find one capabable of either outdoing the drivers they have today or even if she just was able to equalize one of them.;)
Because it would give the team A LOT of money in both new sponsors and advertising.

CatsAreTheWorstDogs: Be aware that there have actually been 1 (one) female F1 driver able to score point in the F1 championship.
It was Lella Lombardi.
But her problem was that it was back in the 70ties and eventhough it was later shown that she had some pretty reasonable ideas to better the setup for the car then the team (March) just neglected her proposals - because she was just a woman.:whistling:

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not a sport that dependes on physical strenght, like hiting a small ball with a bat or a racket.
This "sport" is based on the operation of a piece of machinery, a kind of activity that's already being proved women can perform just as well as men, or even better.

And then, there is a selection process that starts (in karting) with a large number of boys, and a small number of girls, and you wonder how so few women gets to the end of the process.

It should not require a PhD to expect it would end up with around 50/50 if it started like so. But girls just do not have the same interest in this sort of activity like boys do, hence it will be unlikely to have any significant amount of women progressing through the different categories.

Which, of course, would not prevent someone like Michèle Mouton to occasionally get to F1, but the odds are really slim, given this scenario.

What does those have to do with sports? Are you just searching anything to say both genders can do the same thing? And now I'm supposedly worried about something?

You are not even trying.

Maybe woman should stop crying about trans woman in sports I guess, since we all have the same potential.

If there was women testing F1 cars, probably they drove as fast as required of a F1 test drive.

But, again, the chances of having women driving in F1 are very small, simply because girls are not as interested in motorsports as boys are, and this can be confirmed spending a day at any karting track.

Hence, without a good number of women traininig in this activity from young age, why would I expect to have a reasonable number to stand out to the point warrant the climb towards F1?

If people want to see women driving in F1, it should start by putting in enough girls to train in karting.

Wrong.

Which woman proved they can be as fast as any other F1 driver? Your make believe world doesn't count.

If there was women testing F1 cars, probably they drove as fast as required of a F1 test drive.
Yes, the make believe world, and only for a test driver...

You don't magically enter F1, maybe if you are a woman so you get a free pass in the future. But it's a journey, so tell me, where are all the woman that endured the racing journey, why barely any of them made to F1, why none of them had good results? We had one in F2 and it was a disaster.

"... all the woman that endured the racing journey..." is just not a large enough set to expect at least one or a couple would get through to F1.

The odd ones that made it eventually, were not even the best woman drivers at the time, just the ones who persevered.

Yes, the make believe world, and only for a test driver...

You don't magically enter F1, maybe if you are a woman so you get a free pass in the future. But it's a journey, so tell me, where are all the woman that endured the racing journey, why barely any of them made to F1, why none of them had good results? We had one in F2 and it was a disaster.

"... all the woman that endured the racing journey..." is just not a large enough set to expect at least one or a couple would get through to F1.

The odd ones that made it eventually, were not even the best woman drivers at the time, just the ones who persevered.
Looks like the ones that "persevered" didn't stand a chance competing.

So, as it stands, you believe in your make believe world where woman can compete with man at the top of motorsport racing(F1), and all you have to back it up is your make believe world. I will stand by the data we have so far, which shows that they can't.

A woman with the proper skills an inclination can be trained to operate a machine as good as any human with the same required skills and inclination. I've seen it, I do not need to believe.

But you can keep your skewed view of the past (your data) and ignore all the information available. Maybe you are just unable to correlate information from different sources, or just prefer to keep you head in a hole in the ground.

The outstanding fact is that few women have an interest in motorsports, let alone taking part of it as a driver. And, given this level of participation up from the base categories, only an insane person would expect to have women in motorsports career consistently reaching a F1 driver seat.

Except, of course, for the occasional outlier, as the already cited Michèle Mouton.

And this is not going to change in the future.

Looks like the ones that "persevered" didn't stand a chance competing.

So, as it stands, you believe in your make believe world where woman can compete with man at the top of motorsport racing(F1), and all you have to back it up is your make believe world. I will stand by the data we have so far, which shows that they can't.

Ah yes, an F1 car is just like a crane, just a machine you operate, lmao. My "skewed" vision of the past goes to 2019, while all you have is "faith" that they can be competitive in F1.

As I said, at the end of the day you have no evidence of a single female driver capable of competing at F1.

Michèle Mouton was a rally driver, not F1.

Even the women don't think it's fair.
Women in motorsports is for one purpose and that is to draw interest.

Women can be trained to fly a fighter jet, to command the space shuttle, to be competitive and win driving a rally car, a indy lights car and many other categories. There is no "faith" or "make believe", these are facts.

But you, instead, have this "faith" that a F1 car is such a complicated and demanding piece of machinery that only men can handle, although it is not more demanding, in terms of physical or cognitive skills, than any of the above cited machines.

You can keep your "faith" on your "motorsports religion", regardless.

Ah yes, an F1 car is just like a crane, just a machine you operate, lmao. My "skewed" vision of the past goes to 2019, while all you have is "faith" that they can be competitive in F1.

As I said, at the end of the day you have no evidence of a single female driver capable of competing at F1.

Michèle Mouton was a rally driver, not F1.

Women can be trained to fly a fighter jet, to command the space shuttle, to be competitive and win driving a rally car, a indy lights car and many other categories. There is no "faith" or "make believe", these are facts.

But you, instead, have this "faith" that a F1 car is such a complicated and demanding piece of machinery that only men can handle, although it is not more demanding, in terms of physical or cognitive skills, than any of the above cited machines.

You can keep your "faith" on your "motorsports religion", regardless.
Nobody said they can't do those. They can also drive a F1 car, just can't be competitive.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back