Formula E | Female Racer Powell To Test For Envision Virgin Racing In Marrakesh

Nobody said a thing about woman being only for cleaning and cooking, you are the only one that mentioned that, it shows how it's engraved in your mind.

Well, like it or not, F1 is where the top drivers in the world are and to get there you have to be pretty good, even for the ones with money like Stroll. He's very average but not as bad as people say, he actually won F3.

We had a female F2 driver in 2019(Tatiana Calderón) and the results speak for itself.

There are other female drivers in different categories, but it's not the same thing. Just because there's a female driver in Stock Car doesn't mean they can suddenly compete in F1.
Again, you really would do well to work on that reading comprehension.

It has occurred to me that attempting to have an even semi-intelligent conversation or debate with you is akin to trying to put out a massive, raging forest fire by urinating on it. As such, my involvement ends here so you can feel free to apply your ignorance and trolling elsewhere. I can no longer be bothered, the minutes of my life are too valuable to waste on you.

We had a female F2 driver in 2019(Tatiana Calderón) and the results speak for itself.
and yet she gets to be some kind of test driver for Alfa Romeo in F1, gets to drive LMP2 now i think, simply cause she is a woman, which makes the argument that men and women can achieve the same things simply not true, as the playing field is clearly in favour of below average female drivers compared to above average male drivers.

You can probably make a ton more money as a team, if you have a great female driver, but even that great driver would have to fight against tons of hungry young boys.

Nobody said a thing about woman being only for cleaning and cooking, you are the only one that mentioned that, it shows how it's engraved in your mind.

Well, like it or not, F1 is where the top drivers in the world are and to get there you have to be pretty good, even for the ones with money like Stroll. He's very average but not as bad as people say, he actually won F3.

There are other female drivers in different categories, but it's not the same thing. Just because there's a female driver in Stock Car doesn't mean they can suddenly compete in F1.

I won't call you a troll as others have, as we can have differing opinions and still have a civil debate. The last thing you said though, I can't agree with.

"We had a female F2 driver in 2019(Tatiana Calderón) and the results speak for itself."

So let's imagine a world where this is reversed; Only women compete in F1 and men aren't given the opportunities, financial support and encouragement from young.

Now lets say a man finally got the chance to drive F1 and his name is Taki Inoue...because he performs poorly means that guys like Schumacher, Senna and Hamilton don't deserve a chance? Because one man did poorly?

"Just because there's a female driver in Stock Car doesn't mean they can suddenly compete in F1."

...and again, just because we haven't seen the female Ayrton Senna yet (or worse yet, she exists/existed, but guys with your mindset won't even give her a second thought), doesn't mean it won't happen.

Motorsport is not tennis; you can't compare the two...the car is doing most of the work. Yes, the average man is stronger than the average woman, but that doesn't mean there are above average women capable of handling an F1 car. Fighter pilots endure more G-forces than F1 drivers....and they do it in 3 dimensions...the military wouldn't spend millions to train women fighter pilots if she wasn't up to the task. Hopefully you can open your mind to new possibilities one day.

the car is doing most of the work
1582155031111.png

I also dont think there is a single segment in female entertainment where they wanna cram males down the other womens throats, unlike men are doing here. Its actually embarassing.

I won't call you a troll as others have, as we can have differing opinions and still have a civil debate. The last thing you said though, I can't agree with.

"We had a female F2 driver in 2019(Tatiana Calderón) and the results speak for itself."

So let's imagine a world where this is reversed; Only women compete in F1 and men aren't given the opportunities, financial support and encouragement from young.

Now lets say a man finally got the chance to drive F1 and his name is Taki Inoue...because he performs poorly means that guys like Schumacher, Senna and Hamilton don't deserve a chance? Because one man did poorly?

"Just because there's a female driver in Stock Car doesn't mean they can suddenly compete in F1."

...and again, just because we haven't seen the female Ayrton Senna yet (or worse yet, she exists/existed, but guys with your mindset won't even give her a second thought), doesn't mean it won't happen.

Motorsport is not tennis; you can't compare the two...the car is doing most of the work. Yes, the average man is stronger than the average woman, but that doesn't mean there are above average women capable of handling an F1 car. Fighter pilots endure more G-forces than F1 drivers....and they do it in 3 dimensions...the military wouldn't spend millions to train women fighter pilots if she wasn't up to the task. Hopefully you can open your mind to new possibilities one day.

Ah yes, the imaginary world where woman is dominant in sports over man. Poor Taki Inoue, opressed by the tyrant wahmen.

The female Senna is just around the corner, waiting for her chance in this misogynist sport. I guess F1 teams want to lose money, they are wasting their golden opportunity in not investing in these wahmen with the potential to compete with man! How dare you?

Maybe the military should start an F1 team? God damn they would be invencible!

Yes, yes, keep on throwing imaginary stuff around here. The truth is, all female drivers we had in F2 and F1 did horribly compared to the other drivers. Keep on blaming on the world not wanting to give woman opportunity, which is hilarious.

Not to mention said female military pilots (fighter or otherwise) could fly/drive the pants off any whiny misogynist windbags. Pretty sure the WW2 Russian night witches could kick their ass to hell and back too.

Seems strange that there's a bunch of guys aok with the lower ranked male drivers always being at the back of the pack for decades, but women either have to be at the front of the pack or they're "no good".

Maybe races should only be the top 3 position racers from qualifying? That would only be fair no? Get rid of all those losers who can't make it to the top! /sarcasm

I honestly couldn't give a toss what sex (or identity) drives the car, male/female/LGBTQ(+), as long as they pass the objective entry skill criteria, do the job, and provide entertaining & competitive racing throughout the whole race field.

Last edited:
I honestly couldn't give a toss what sex (or identity) drives the car, male/female/LGBTQ(+), as long as they pass the objective entry skill criteria, do the job, and provide entertaining & competitive racing throughout the whole race field.
Indeed. But throwing a woman into F1 for the sake of "diversity" is ridiculous, but a common practice these days, where woman supposedly can do anything man does.

So far I have yet to see one that can actually compete.

Maybe races should only be the top 3 position racers from qualifying? That would only be fair no? Get rid of all those losers who can't make it to the top! /sarcasm

Bad sarcasm. I could race in F1, I'm gonna finish last every time but hey, that's not a problem, this is not a sport about only the top drivers right? Respect my inability to compete, please.

So far I have yet to see one that can actually compete.

There's a pretty simple reason for that.

When the playing field is leveled (ie: remove the thumb on the selection scales) enough that women can grow into the sport and compete on an equal 50/50 basis you may well see women someday completely capable of driving in F1 competitively.

>>where woman supposedly can do anything man does.

The space agencies also figured out a long time ago that only having a bunch of guys in the spam can isn't going to cut it. >>The Turtle class consists of seven men and six women.

Who cares? Really? If you're that worried about being shown up by a woman (or anyone) then maybe you shouldn't be doing the job in the first place.

You should be more worried about automation and robots taking your job anyway.

Last edited:
There's a pretty simple reason for that.

When the playing field is leveled (ie: remove the thumb on the selection scales) enough that women can grow into the sport and compete on an equal 50/50 basis you may well see women someday completely capable of driving in F1 competitively.

>>where woman supposedly can do anything man does.

Who cares? Really? If you're that worried about being shown up by a woman (or anyone) then maybe you shouldn't be doing the job in the first place.

You should be more worried about automation and robots taking your job anyway.
What does those have to do with sports? Are you just searching anything to say both genders can do the same thing? And now I'm supposedly worried about something?

You are not even trying.

Maybe woman should stop crying about trans woman in sports I guess, since we all have the same potential.

It has everything to do with sports, but feel free to die on that hill of manly manliness you're so worried about defending.
It's not rocket science men and women are different, but it's plain that they can do a lot of the same "traditionally male only" jobs when given an equal shot and the opportunities to develop.
/out

Last edited:
Jockeys are among the fittest athletes pound for pound on the planet
They steer over 1,000lbs at 44 mph
Female jockeys beat male jockeys all the time
Michele Payne won the Melbourne Cup

The difference is she was given the chance :rolleyes:

Wow to a lot of these posts.

View attachment 350834

I also dont think there is a single segment in female entertainment where they wanna cram males down the other womens throats, unlike men are doing here. Its actually embarassing.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying...yes you (obviously) have to drive the car and it's hard work (obviously)...but what I'm saying is it's much more even in motorsport (team budgets and politics notwithstanding) compared to something like tennis or cycling where the typical male athlete has more outright power than his female counterpart. Nobody's physically pushing their own car up and down the racetrack, it's the engine doing that work (compared to track & field events for example)...this is what I meant.

I'm not denying the physical differences between genders...what I'm saying is it doesn't play as big of a factor in motorsport, as it has been shown that women indeed can handle a car if you give them half a chance. Michele Mouton kicked a** in Rally when she was given a chance, but I guess that's (obviously) a Motorsport series for lesser drivers, so she shouldn't be mentioned huh...only the less-than-stellar female drivers should be brought up in these arguments. They didn't even say she's taking over the seat, she's just testing...and so many people lose their minds anyways. Yet good ole' Schumacher's boy tests for a certain prancing horse last year, when he isn't quite there yet, and nowhere near the outcry?

Read the responses for when Schumacher is announced to test the actual F1 Ferrari machine: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/schumacher-to-test-ferrari-in-bahrain.166554/

Compare to the responses when Jamie Chadwick is relegated mostly to sitting in a simulator (i.e. not even on track):
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/jamie-chadwick-secures-williams-development-role.168709/

Anyways, like all threads that aim to challenge the traditional look of motorsport, this is all going downhill as usual...so I'll see myself out. I wonder if all these "real" F1 drivers and fans also felt like Hamilton was being forced down their throats back in 2007...

I like modern trends in motorsport - Formula E, female drivers, new tracks (probably forced due to recovery) all this gives diversity and I hope the progress will not stop.

Of course, petrolhads it will be difficult to accept this and not the fact that it will happen, but we have already realized that electric cars can be interesting.

I used to like Formula 1, but eventually it stopped being interesting for me. To my surprise, FE is very fascinating and even "strange" to the ears sound has become common.

EVO 2020:

d4iTG2BY3WYORkss.jpeg

cNnrxKp3IWXDqozB.jpeg

2bOxn5g6uVybXcCe.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes