AC FINISHED: Formula Agile Championship 2023

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Contrary to my very vocal contributions earlier (aka "my big mouth") I´d like to suggest to convert the "fence running competition" in Pau to two 25min races with the following reasoning:

who (not on drugs) can concentrate long enough and keep this thing out of the armco for an hour on end?

Contrary to Han´s wishes ( be realistic, man :sneaky:) we will see a plethora of ****ups, brainfarts and mishaps from everybody so pileups will be as often as once a lap. Doing a 7point turn in a race of oncoming cars or standing the wrong way around behind a corner and getting blown to smithereens by the next guy ignoring the yellow flags will be a common occurence.
So some people will have to teleport back to pits to safe the race for others, in a double header race they at least get a second chance.

And not least this track is brutal, car and driver really get a beating here. after 25min my hands ache :cry:

example-573236201.jpg

Last edited:
Next race in two weeks!

Oh, and the (inofficial!) practice server for the next race is online. Download the track using Content Manager with the button at the bottom.

Thanks Markus!

In case anyone else who didn't realize this: after hitting the "install missing content" button, the track will be down loaded, but it will not fully complete the install. The download animation continues indefinitely until you go to CM proper to complete the install (do what you do after you drop a downloaded content to CM).

Hi all,
Have had a difficult week attempting to get AC to run on my racing rig. View attachment 672124It's a pretty old build but runs iRacing and rFactor 2 on 3 monitors with mid graphics. I cannot get AC to run on the system even cut down to only 1 monitor and absolutely lowest graphics settings. AC starts and with 1 monitor I can get a session to load but crashes when I try to race(with 3 monitors AC doesn't even launch) Did standard debugging stuff...Updated graphics driver, flashed upgraded BIOS, upgraded all drivers, overclocked ASUS motherboard and NVidia graphics cards more.....took some deep breaths .....did get finally it to run offline on 1 monitor, but throttle and brake were inverted....(any idea how to fix that?) booooo so I never got it racing.

I installed it on my older ASUS ROG G733Z laptop upgraded with ssd, fast ram, overclocked etc It seems to run AC on one monitor and I was able to get into a practice race. However, it's GTX 970M and can't drive 3 monitors. Unless someone has an idea one why it won't run 3 monitors, my current plan is to move the gaming laptop to the cockpit and just use the middle monitor. I don't know if the peddles will be inverted when I hook the laptop up to the middle monitor and G29.

PS Hi Reik
Hi Bob,

As AC is the oldest of those sims I would expect that your rig should work.

@RasmusP is a wizard in these things. Maybe he can help.
The inverted pedals however is an AC setting.
1686949575337.png

As for the three monitors: it's also an AC setting:
1686949748805.png

Last edited:
@Bob Luneski

You have to make sure that you are not repeating things in your NVidia control panel and AC Ui
for example your anisotropic filter at X16 on Nvidia control panel and X16 in AC Ui.
Remove all your apps from the monitor in race mode, you can add them one at a time after.
Remove all post processing , just use it without all the glare, motion, etc, etc.
keep shadows low, reflections low,
Turn recording quality to low.
Turn your screens FPS to 60 hz
Double check your Nvidia control panel carefully for assetto corsa, you may have a setting that is going to crucify your graphics card or CPU. ( best to turn everything down or off )

when you get to your race screen, look on the right of your right side monitor and look for the render stat app :-
Then copy all the given readings, these will be a complete and easy way to see how your processor and GPU is dealing with everything, this then can be given to Rasmus.

See how you get on and report back.:)

Just do it in practice at first with one car, yours.
Then do it again in race with 20 AI in race mode.

Last edited:
Hi all,
Have had a difficult week attempting to get AC to run on my racing rig. View attachment 672124It's a pretty old build but runs iRacing and rFactor 2 on 3 monitors with mid graphics. I cannot get AC to run on the system even cut down to only 1 monitor and absolutely lowest graphics settings. AC starts and with 1 monitor I can get a session to load but crashes when I try to race(with 3 monitors AC doesn't even launch) Did standard debugging stuff...Updated graphics driver, flashed upgraded BIOS, upgraded all drivers, overclocked ASUS motherboard and NVidia graphics cards more.....took some deep breaths .....did get finally it to run offline on 1 monitor, but throttle and brake were inverted....(any idea how to fix that?) booooo so I never got it racing.

I installed it on my older ASUS ROG G733Z laptop upgraded with ssd, fast ram, overclocked etc It seems to run AC on one monitor and I was able to get into a practice race. However, it's GTX 970M and can't drive 3 monitors. Unless someone has an idea one why it won't run 3 monitors, my current plan is to move the gaming laptop to the cockpit and just use the middle monitor. I don't know if the peddles will be inverted when I hook the laptop up to the middle monitor and G29.

PS Hi Reik
Hey Bob,
as Han wrote, pedals can be easily set to inverted/not-inverted. Some pedals need it one way, the next pedals the other way around.

But your system not running it at all sounds quite weird, especially with iRacing and rF2 running without issues.

I'm at a loss at this point about debugging this via messages so you can either take screenshots of EVERYTHING or we can schedule a little Discord/TeamSpeak session were we would install TeamViewer so I could access your PC so we wouldn't have to do the usual "Click Box 23. A little bit further to the top, no, not the other area, the other top, now left, not that far left, the other left" :roflmao:

That would probably be the quickest way to get you running :)

Can you write down your PC specs? CPU, graphics card, Windows version would be enough. Maybe RAM configuration too (2x 4/8 GB or something wild like 1x8GB+2x2GB?)
With this information, I can instantly tell you whether or not AC should run without issues!

Last edited:
Thanks for everyones AC specific stuff. I bought it a zillion years ago to support the developers but never installed. I'm going to get it runninng on one monitor. Then I can learn the ins and outs of the sim before worrying about triple screen.

Thanks again Bob

Do you still run "Vanilla AC" (you'd be one of a dying breed :rolleyes:) or do you use Content Manager?

Ir looks overwhelming at first but is a way more convenient and efficient way of running AC.
It also contains a lot of visual and performance improvements.

Rasmus would be an Ace in that, too.

Do you still run "Vanilla AC" (you'd be one of a dying breed :rolleyes:) or do you use Content Manager?

Ir looks overwhelming at first but is a way more convenient and efficient way of running AC.
It also contains a lot of visual and performance improvements.

Rasmus would be an Ace in that, too.
Hi,

Using content manager (doesn't work running straight through AC). Not overwhelming at all
Hey Bob,
as Han wrote, pedals can be easily set to inverted/not-inverted. Some pedals need it one way, the next pedals the other way around.

But your system not running it at all sounds quite weird, especially with iRacing and rF2 running without issues.

I'm at a loss at this point about debugging this via messages so you can either take screenshots of EVERYTHING or we can schedule a little Discord/TeamSpeak session were we would install TeamViewer so I could access your PC so we wouldn't have to do the usual "Click Box 23. A little bit further to the top, no, not the other area, the other top, now left, not that far left, the other left" :roflmao:

Can you write down your PC specs? CPU, graphics card, Windows version would be enough. Maybe RAM configuration too (2x 4/8 GB or something wild like 1x8GB+2x2GB?)
With this information, I can instantly tell you whether or not AC should run without issues!
Hi,

Thank you very much. ASUS P8P67 PRO, i-7 2600K overclocked to 4.4 (I know an engineer at intel and got one of the cheery picked over performers stable to 4.8 but don;t want to be greedy`) 2x8 2000Mhz,
Hey Bob,

Hi,
Asus P8P67 PRO, i7-2600K overclocked to 4.5GHz (I know an engineer at Intel that gets me cherry picked over performers), 2x8 GSkill ripsaw 2000Mhz, MSI GeForce RTX 760 overclocked with afterburner. Also does not work with no overclocking. I am an older than dirt system builder, I've just never run AC so don't know it's tricks and tips, secrets etc ....."features". :)

Also I'm stoked that this is such an active, helpful and friendly group. However, y'all completely whiffed on a pathetic desperate plea of agony and frustration for justification to the wife to build ($$$$$$$) a new system. The correct answer was "What an idiot, you'll never get it to run on that rig; and even if you do, minimum graphics, lagged response to pedal/wheel inputs...you'll will be so bad you will forever be "Back-marker Bob" " I then show 15 responses like that to the wife and I get to build a new system.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.

I've justified my last 2 systems with that way....:) You see, I've been doing this a very long time(in RD 15 years since 2008), just not recently because of 4 back surgeries.)
Bob RD Profile.JPG

Again thanks for everyone's help, and just kidding about whiffing on getting me a new rig LOL

"What an idiot, you'll never get it to run on that rig; and even if you do, minimum graphics, lagged response to pedal/wheel inputs...you'll will be so bad you will forever be "Back-marker Bob" " I then show 15 responses like that to the wife and I get to build a new system.:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:.
Ha Ha we are all back marker on this Racedepartment forum, with a smattering of fast guys, who turn up just to remind us, just in case we have ideas of grandeur. But the good news is that we massively out number those pesky aliens.:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I see what you mean, funnily you system is pretty much the same as my first build, but your GPU is going to struggle, I ran triple 19” monitors at 60 hz with that, I think the word eye candy, is definitely not going to be your mantra, :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You only need a 980ti, which can be bought reasonably cheaply these days, the 2600K was used by our tech guru until quite recently, faster DDR4 , assuming you have not clocked yours at 3200mhz. And you have a good system without spending much at all.
Again no eye candy,:( but I ran triple 1080p monitored at 144 hz in AC with that.

Last edited:
Hi Bob, i have been away so i have only just seen your post. I was going to say make sure your virgin copy of AC has had all the updates but your PC spec kinda nails the problem.
I see by your picture that you are a young oldie like most of us on here. May i suggest that what ever you need to get up and running, just get it with no apology to the misses needed as we are only here once and i am sure she wants you to enjoy your time spent doing something without her involvment.
If i am wrong about that then maybe spend twice as much on a new PC and smile at the result on both fronts :thumbsup:

Hi Markus, Han,

We have many people using the same livery in our races, I think are at least two others are using the McLaren one beside myself. Any chance you could add the black and gold Lotus livery and change my livery over to that?

Thanks!
Dai

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back