AC Formula Abarth@ Spa Mon Nov 3rd!

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
If some persons do lag and ruin your race after half a lap, its not funny. And these 5-second Penalties need to go away too. I enjoyed most of the Club-Races here. But after today I am not very motivated for next ones. :(

If some persons do lag and ruin your race after half a lap, its not funny. And these 5-second Penalties need to go away too. I enjoyed most of the Club-Races here. But after today I am not very motivated for next ones. :(
shame, because it seemed to be a very successful event!

I want a full 2 hour race of these little cars, they are such fun to drive!
Qualified in 6th, lost a place at the start which I made up later that lap. Then got into some real hardcore battling with @Simon Knight (of whom I hope he has the full Replay :p) Simon was driving a higher downforce setup I suppose as I could almost 'DRS' past him on the Kemmel Straight twice. After the first pass he instantly came back after Les Combes and into Bruxelles, a battle in which I had to let him go to safe our lives. After I got him again, DRS style due to the high topspeed difference, I stayed ahead for a lap. Then I went just a tiny bit wide into La Source hairpin and he passed me nicely there, although I didn't give up, I tried to go on the inside again by makign a sharp turn, it failed and I got behind him but due to the lower downforce and the Slipstream I could pass him heading into Eau Rouge à la Webber. That put a smile on my face so big that I instantly crashed in Les Combes...
After that things went downhill very very rapidly. Tyres were gone (wrong strategy :p) and I went off in Pouhon just 2 laps after my awkward accident. Pitten in lap 9 and then just drove to the finish without real battles. Although I did climb from P10 to P7 due to pitstops and a suddenly slowed @Kristoffer Somby
Great race, great fun and thanks to the staff and all drivers who made this fun possible.
Verdict: More Tatuus Formula Abarth fun in the Club please :D

Hey guys nice race on server #2 , funny how a pitstop changes a lot.

It was my first race with the abarths and sadly i ended up NOT using my setup i had prepared (for once) for the race (did use it on quals tho) .

After 2 turns i realized that and was gutted but kept driving, spun on lap 2 and ruined my aero!

I pitted and filled my tank up but didnt change to hards (because i didnt know the meds wouldnt lat for 12 laps lol) and then tried to finish my race.

Had tires @ 95% at lap 11, which wasnt good and i could only finish 4th :D

Last edited:
The formula abarth is completely out of my comfort zone. I usually drive faster open wheelers like the Exos s1 and the f1 mod, so these cars feel so slow and have sluggish reactions in comparison.

Anyway I had a good quali, improved my PB with .6 and felt quite comfortable with the race setup.
I was planning to do a soft and a medium stint, but when I saw that i was 6+ seconds ahead of the second guy I took a chance and did two softs.

In the pits I clicked the wrong button and completely filled my car with fuel (45L?) so the car was a lot slower on the second stint. On lap two after my pit I was catching a guy who hadn't pitted yet, up and around Eau Rouge, he was quite slow so I had to do a maneuver to avoid him, so I went to the left over the bumpy kerb, lost control and crashed; wrecking my rear wing.

The incident with @Simon Knight is a race incident, but my opinion at the time was that I were in front. I saw the red arrow point behind and slightly to the right so I assumed you were further behind. After watching the replay I see that you were closer than my initial thought. Still you have to take your fair share of the blame for that incident.

My rear wing was wrecked and after the incident with Simon the side pod and front wing was wrecked as well, so the last laps was a pain for me. Getting passed 6-7 times in the last 4-5 laps.

It was a good experience though, I will definitely not be passing anybody in Eau Rouge any time soon.

Thanks for the race.

Very nice race. Thanks for the fun! I don't know if it just me, but my tires lost grip after a few laps.Probably my shitty driving style. Lost so many places because of this. But it was still fun!

Nice fun here to.

I just regret the "touch" that gave justin to my back at the eau rouge exit, it's broke my rear wings and I lost a little downforce ; I lost the rear in the same lap and made another mistake and broke the front wing to :mad:

I made my pit stop on lap 3 and refuel for the rest of the race.

Good fight with Henri in lap 8 and at the end of the race with Nathaniel :)

Thanks for fun all and for the organisation.

See you soon on track.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back