rF2 Formula 2 @ Fuji - Sunday December 30th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Damn!!! Bad timing. My printer program felt that is was now, (in the middle of a race in rF2, driving F2, I was in the lead:mad: ) it would ask me if I perhaps wanted to look at some updates:poop: I can asure you it will not do that again:devilish:
Anyway, fun as allways. The few laps I managed:) Restart?:sneaky: just kidding.

Hope I didn´t ruin your race Dino.

Short race :(

Qualified in 4'th

Start was OK but not perfect but then at T1 Lars B run into my rear and sent me off track.
Then at T6 (the hard right hander) some cars in front spun and I nearly managed to stop but when my car touched the other car I was sent some 10m up in the air (what strange physics ..) and landed up side down on the escape road.
When my car was turned again I had a stop and go for cutting.....
Stopped at once and clered the penalty but when I rejoined I got another one....
Cleared the 2'nd stop and go and rejoined, and got a 3'd one (and NO I was not speeding)
Didn't bother to try one more time so I quit.

Fun cars and fun track but still, after not racing for 6 month, to much bugs in RF2

Too bad Jan and Axel you guys had such misfortune.

I qualified as 10th and had a decent start. In the first corner I was sandwiched, but luckily I had no damage and could continue. At the end of lap 2 I was running 5th than I did my "spin your car around a lot" lap which dropped me back to 12th. Kept driving my laps and passed one after the other, not really on speed, but with keeping it on the road. :D
At the last lap, last time on the straight I passes Bruno who tried to bump me, but I kept my line and finished 2/100 second in front of him as 5th. :)

Fun event, next week the grip levels should be better and the temperatures will be up at Malaysia. :D

Happy New Year!!!!!
guys and hope to see you all again next year!!!!

Damn!!! Bad timing. My printer program felt that is was now, (in the middle of a race in rF2, driving F2, I was in the lead:mad: ) it would ask me if I perhaps wanted to look at some updates:poop: I can asure you it will not do that again:devilish:
Anyway, fun as allways. The few laps I managed:) Restart?:sneaky: just kidding.

Hope I didn´t ruin your race Dino.

Nah, I was still about 2 seconds behind you when you slowly rolled into the grass :( .
I was looking forward to the rest of the race with you,I hope you will join again for the next races to continue our skirmishes :D

q: Slipped around too much on the first half of the lap and resulted in a not so great flying lap

r: A bit of chaos at the start with someone shooting (or getting shot) to my inside, but we just touched a bit and the car had no damage from that.
Afterwards I tried to follow Axel, but it was very hard and I could not really close the ~2 sec gap until he had his ctd problem ;(
For the rest of the race I tried to stay in front of Slawomir who was also very fast today :)

q: 3rd / r: 1st

Not an easy combination today, it mosly felt more like manouvering a boat through a slalom-parcour :D

I really enjoyed today's race.Very glad to see more cars on the grid this time and hope this trend continues.I qualified P6 and got a great start witch was good or i would have been caught up more-so than the little contact i had with a spinning car in the first corner.I was in third place after the first corner and had Dino in view not to far ahead so i hammered down to try to catch or at least stay with him but another mishap in T6 and i lost several positions.Spent the rest of the race driving as hard as i could trying to catch the front runners with some good close racing along the way but could not close up before time ran out so i got i good 4th place finish.​

Happy New Year
May your fortunes increase and your lap times decrease in the new year.​

I set a personal best on my quali lap, although I took it easy in the last two corners.

At the first corner, the driver in front braked very early and I collided with him, spinning me around and sending me to the back. I had minor damage, so I didn't need to stop.

For the rest of the race I focused on doing consistent laps, but I lost positions and eventually got lapped because I kept spinning in the last sector. The car felt good but there was still performance I could get out of it.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back