FOM Car 3D Model

Skins FOM Car 3D Model 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
[QUOTE = "nicodivididos, publicación: 3222660, miembro: 1160697"]
Ya hice mi diseño con esta plantilla, ahora ¿cómo lo pongo en el juego? ¿Explícamelo por favor?View attachment 388181
[/CITAR]
F1_2020_photo_20200713_234819.png

@nicodivididos tienes que guardar tu plantilla como dds, o bien puedes guardarlo como psd, y buscas psd to dds, la primera página que aparezca, luego te vas el Ego ERP Archiver, abres la carpeta donde está fom_car.erp, que es F1 2020/2020_asset_groups/f1_2020_vehicle_package/teams/fom_car/wep, una vez abierto buscas el archivo livery_racenet_01_d, clicas, y vas a texturas, importar, y das doble click al dds que hayas hecho, guardas, y creo que automáticamente te genera un archivo mipmap, he leído que no es necesario, pero a mí al menos sin eso no me funcionaba, lo colocas en F1 2020/f1_2020_vehicle_package/teams/fom_car/textures/liveries, con eso debería funcionar.

Para que te funcione la livery en el modo mi equipo tienes que repetir lo mismo solo que en la carpeta myteam_*****, si llevas motores Honda, por ejemplo, sería así F1 2020/2020_asset_groups/f1_2020_vehicle_package/teams/myteam_honda/wep

Can you add on the model the driver hatch ? its kind of important thing to have on the template

Can you add the head protection on the next update ??? It's really important to create good livery and to put logos on this area...

Unfortunately, it cant be added as the original extracted obj lacks those information as seen on the images. We have to wait for a plugin for 3dsimed for me to create a proper 3D model psd.

2020-07-16-074332.png

This is also same for the other cars, some details are missing like for redbull.
2020-07-16-074333.png

edited. Actually the headrest is there inside it can be added, it just move it up and align it properly.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it cant be added as the original extracted obj lacks those information as seen on the images. We have to wait for a plugin for 3dsimed for me to create a proper 3D model psd.

edited. Actually the headrest is there inside it can be added, it just move it up and align it properly.

Thank you for let us know mate! I knew the 3dsimed had to be updated I heard about this but I dont know more about how you extract those models from the game with 3dsimed. If you can explain us how you do this it will be very nice. I'm really want to know whats the trick.

Extracting the file from 3dsimed is the easiest part. Editing it with 3dsmax or other 3d software to create the a 3dmodel that will show both the decal and paint texture is another. Its quite a process.

Extracting the file from 3dsimed is the easiest part. Editing it with 3dsmax or other 3d software to create the a 3dmodel that will show both the decal and paint texture is another. Its quite a process.
Yep I know it's quite a process thats why I'm scratching my head for years trying to know how lol. I have a bit of knowledge with blender and 3dsmax for the UV unwrap when the model is completed. I also did a few 3D model edit in 3dsimed for NR2003 game tracks in the past but I know this is maybe more that my skill can handle. I suppose with 3dsimed you only unpack the erp to access to the idf or materials folder and after you need to attach all those parts togheter in a 3D program and many more things that I dont know. I understand it can be quite a process to explain and time consuming too but if one day you can tell us the secret or link to a tutorial that is pretty much the same way that will be awesome!

You need to replace texture in my team folder as well. And colors in game are not exactly how they appear in photoshop, use stronger colors.

Also remove default texture included with 3D model and export your own, and change overlay to 72 PPI and also same resolution 4096x4096.

Black looks maybe washed out to you because of lighting, it appears normal in me under shadows in the livery preview. I use pure black.
excuse me mate, how can I change the resolution and the PPI? I've tried but it doesn't work with the 3D model anymore

Yep I know it's quite a process thats why I'm scratching my head for years trying to know how lol. I have a bit of knowledge with blender and 3dsmax for the UV unwrap when the model is completed. I also did a few 3D model edit in 3dsimed for NR2003 game tracks in the past but I know this is maybe more that my skill can handle. I suppose with 3dsimed you only unpack the erp to access to the idf or materials folder and after you need to attach all those parts togheter in a 3D program and many more things that I dont know. I understand it can be quite a process to explain and time consuming too but if one day you can tell us the secret or link to a tutorial that is pretty much the same way that will be awesome!

The 3dmodel extracted by 3dsimed is really complete. The complicated part is the decal textures. In 3dsmax it will not show up unless you create a composite material for the paint mesh. But photoshop cant read it so you need to create a separate mesh for the decal material. I myself is also a newb in 3d modelling and only learned doing trial and error, there are also some terms that Im not familiar with.

The 3dmodel extracted by 3dsimed is really complete. The complicated part is the decal textures. In 3dsmax it will not show up unless you create a composite material for the paint mesh. But photoshop cant read it so you need to create a separate mesh for the decal material. I myself is also a newb in 3d modelling and only learned doing trial and error, there are also some terms that Im not familiar with.
I think I know what you mean for the composite material and paint mesh it's in the material editor in 3dsmax with nodes I've played whit that a little bit for NR2003 render scenes. This stuff facinate me and I also learn by doing trial and error and with YT tutorials. Well thanks for make me learn a bit more about the process and I will keep watching for the plugin update for 3dsimed and start trying to learn this. Can you please tell me the first step to extract the model with 3dsimed I currently have 16 days trial remaining and I will like to see that? Then I leave you alone I dont want to abuse of your time! ;)

First time using the ego erp mod app, I was able to get a custom badge in however struggling to do a livery I made. I keep getting the racenet livery still in game just lower res. If anyone has tips on how to get it to work, I have tried following peoples guides through here but with no luck as well as some YT tutorials. If anyone has some tips or a long shot here is able to take my PSD (DDS) file and zip it for me so i can copy paste it in game that would be awesome.

Sorry to bother you guys but how do I save the dds files? having problems to save the livery_racenet_01_d.tif and livery_racenet_01_s.tif

For the 01_s.tif what should I do? Can someone explain exactly the export properties for both the files? thanks!

BTW if someone explains it I can do a yt tutorial because I find only erp upload and nothing about custom liveries.

First time using the ego erp mod app, I was able to get a custom badge in however struggling to do a livery I made. I keep getting the racenet livery still in game just lower res. If anyone has tips on how to get it to work, I have tried following peoples guides through here but with no luck as well as some YT tutorials. If anyone has some tips or a long shot here is able to take my PSD (DDS) file and zip it for me so i can copy paste it in game that would be awesome.
same, i think we are missing the exact properties when we export. both livery_racenet_01_d.tif and livery_racenet_01_s.tif

It is so annoying that the parts are so much sepparated. Took so long to figure out what goes where and you can't really do a nice line flow on the car without checking it everytime. Any tips on this?

It is so annoying that the parts are so much sepparated. Took so long to figure out what goes where and you can't really do a nice line flow on the car without checking it everytime. Any tips on this?
just paint your line on a layer above the 3d layer then merge with lower layer. And your line will be draw on the selected layer in the texture.

just paint your line on a layer above the 3d layer then merge with lower layer. And your line will be draw on the selected layer in the texture.
Sorry I don't really follow. To you mean while editing the 3D model or the image within the 3D model?
EDIT:
I get it now, found this video:

Sorry I don't really follow. To you mean while editing the 3D model or the image within the 3D model?

he mean when you see your 3d model on photoshop, create a layer, draw your line and merge the layer with the 3d car. Your line will be transfert on the texture.

Honestly use the brush use it on the 3d model to give you a landmark where to draw your design. Like you do a line all along the car, start from the nose on the texture, go to your 3d car, and do a dot with your brush where the line should go on the next part, return to your texture and so

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back