Following some else's drive?

I just want to ask if it is considered rude to follow some one else's run? I just wonder as I on the Mazda Vallelunga track followed the only other driver round for a few laps, next he stops and votes to kick me and then leave the server?
If it is I sincerely apologise, it was never my intention to be rude in any way. I simply wanted to understand how others are so much faster. Again, please accept my apologise.

Edit: Vallelunga track for Mazda Friday friendly race

Last edited:
Sometimes it can be hard to know what the intentions of the guy behind are, if I have a car behind me and it's only a practice season or something I assume they might be faster and I'm holding them up so I'll offer to let them past, if they don't take it I carry on. But I wouldn't be upset about someone following me, it happens a good bit where people just want to drive with someone else, I have no right to tell other people where to drive on a public server, if I wanted to run solo I'd stay offline.

Sometimes it can be hard to know what the intentions of the guy behind are, if I have a car behind me and it's only a practice season or something I assume they might be faster and I'm holding them up so I'll offer to let them past, if they don't take it I carry on. But I wouldn't be upset about someone following me, it happens a good bit where people just want to drive with someone else, I have no right to tell other people where to drive on a public server, if I wanted to run solo I'd stay offline.

You misunderstood me, and I also leave room for faster drivers. No, I had parked my car away safely and was following him "in car" as a passenger.

You misunderstood me, and I also leave room for faster drivers. No, I had parked my car away safely and was following him "in car" as a passenger.
LMAO can you even see when someone's hopping on your car?
It was mentioned in the events from time to time that hopping onto a fast driver is a very good way of seeing and learning how he does it. That really shouldn't be a problem...:thumbsdown:

As @Turk said: he should've stayed offline if he doesn't want that to happen. Or just tell you that he doesn't like it :rolleyes:

LMAO can you even see when someone's hopping on your car?
It was mentioned in the events from time to time that hopping onto a fast driver is a very good way of seeing and learning how he does it. That really shouldn't be a problem...:thumbsdown:

As @Turk said: he should've stayed offline if he doesn't want that to happen. Or just tell you that he doesn't like it :rolleyes:

I don't know but I parked my car very visible outside track so he couldn't have missed it

I'm not in the head of the one who voted to kick you .... maybe that's what he thought !
If he was a driver used to some public servers without Minorating, after some bad experiences .. he might have been suspicious.

NB: I wouldn't vote to kick you ... as long as you're safely parked ( I'd rather have thought you had to leave for a moment just for a special reason at home for example ... but I never drive on public servers :D ).

I am guilty, i clicked the kick button dear high judges of RD.

When i was leaving i pressed the "kick" button, knowing that it wouldnt kick the driver but more as a reminder that you are not allowed to park the car outside of the marked pits section on the track. It was never my intention to hurt your feelings @Lars Rystedt.

Why didnt you go to the box and observe me from there, its just really irritating to have a yellow flag on the screen and an afk car next to the track. BTW just communicate with me, im always up to help other drivers ...

To me this post is the definition of silly season (sommerloch)
Sorry for triggering you

I am guilty, i clicked the kick button dear high judges of RD.

When i was leaving i pressed the "kick" button, knowing that it wouldnt kick the driver but more as a reminder that you are not allowed to park the car outside of the marked pits section on the track. It was never my intention to hurt your feelings @Lars Rystedt.

Why didnt you go to the box and observe me from there, its just really irritating to have a yellow flag on the screen and an afk car next to the track. BTW just communicate with me, im always up to help other drivers ...

To me this post is the definition of silly season (sommerloch)
Sorry for triggering you

Well, why didn't you communicate with me at the time instead of kicking me? Ofc you meant to hurt my feelings, if you hadn't you would have written to me.
But rest assure that I will think both twice and trice before jumping into any ones car, further more I will never ever ask you for help. I will not burden you with my short comings on the track.

How could i know that you observe me btw?

Again all i saw was a parked car next to the track which meant to me you are afk, did not think that you observe me. I pressed the kick button, but again it doesnt do anything ... and since you were afk you wouldnt have noticed it.
---
" I will not burden you with my short comings on the track" like wtf are you implying here ... pls

How could i know that you observe me btw?

Again all i saw was a parked car next to the track which meant to me you are afk, did not think that you observe me. I pressed the kick button, but again it doesnt do anything ... and since you were afk you wouldnt have noticed it.
---
" I will not burden you with my short comings on the track" like wtf are you implying here ... pls

I was booted straight out of the server after you left. Not sure what you mean it doesn't do anything. You wanted to teach me a lesson, I get that. I apologised for following and asked if it was considered rude. I did not mention your name in any way as I might have done wrong and never meant to offend you.

I think we can close the story here before this become a waste of time. My POV here.

@ionONE1 even though your reaction was more to warn a driver not to do something like what he did again because it's never good to see a yellow flag on the track, specially because of it, don't go vote kicking someone. Specially if an admin is on the track, that's not the proper attitude and you'll be on the receiving end if you do that again if an admin catches what you did.

Moving on, @Lars Rystedt, if you want to watch how someone faster than you drives around the track without throwing yellow flags, even though the intention is noble and you wanna follow up close to learn inputs and everything, please first watch from the other driver POV, click on the individual back on the pits menu and look closely on the cockpit view how he takes corners, how he comes out, reaccelerates and stuff. Then you can try it on track and make as many mistakes you can make.

Other than that, safe travels.

Just hopping on this conversation, I too would be very annoyed if a driver appeared afk on the side of the track and caused yellows every single lap. I would vote to kick him from the session too, but in my eyes it would be because they are causing an unwelcome distraction. Drivers can sit in the pits and ride on board with me all they like, but I agree with @ionONE1 here. Just my opinion. Next time, all you have to do is sit in the pits. You don't even need to go onto the circuit. That was the only issue here. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back