Following some else's drive?

I just want to ask if it is considered rude to follow some one else's run? I just wonder as I on the Mazda Vallelunga track followed the only other driver round for a few laps, next he stops and votes to kick me and then leave the server?
If it is I sincerely apologise, it was never my intention to be rude in any way. I simply wanted to understand how others are so much faster. Again, please accept my apologise.

Edit: Vallelunga track for Mazda Friday friendly race

Last edited:
May i point out please no driver should ever use the kick button. only admin are allowed to kick drivers,
if there is a problem in the server please report it do not take matters in to your own hands.
treat it the same as if you are reporting a driver in a race.. make a vid from the replay
all driver must act accordingly at all times in RD servers.

10.Follow all safety rules as if you were in a real car on a real track; use the pit speed limiter in pit lane, observe all safety flags and lights, no donuts in the pit lane or on the track, no deliberate distraction of other drivers, etc.

Once a gain i feel im pointing to rules that have not been read and understood.

Well, why didn't you communicate with me at the time instead of kicking me? Ofc you meant to hurt my feelings, if you hadn't you would have written to me.
But rest assure that I will think both twice and trice before jumping into any ones car, further more I will never ever ask you for help. I will not burden you with my short comings on the track.

Dude, it had nothing to do with you watching him from onboard because he had no way of knowing you were doing that. All he saw was an abandoned car on the side of the track which was triggering yellow flags for everyone. It was not right for him to vote kick you, sure, but it's not right to just park your car on the side of the track either. If you want to watch someone's onboard by all means feel free, but do it while your car is in the pits so it does not cause distractions for the other drivers. Click the steering wheel so it places you in your car but do not drive out of the pits, just press ctrl+1 on the number pad to cycle through to the car you want to observe. :thumbsup:

Dude, it had nothing to do with you watching him from onboard because he had no way of knowing you were doing that. All he saw was an abandoned car on the side of the track which was triggering yellow flags for everyone. It was not right for him to vote kick you, sure, but it's not right to just park your car on the side of the track either. If you want to watch someone's onboard by all means feel free, but do it while your car is in the pits so it does not cause distractions for the other drivers. Click the steering wheel so it places you in your car but do not drive out of the pits, just press ctrl+1 on the number pad to cycle through to the car you want to observe. :thumbsup:
Yeah I agree, that was my wrong doing. All he had to do was send in chat window and I would have said "Oh ****, Im sorry" and pushed the ESC button. It never occurred to me that I could cause a yellow flag there and as this was my first time running as a passenger, well, I thought that was it. I sincerely thought I done something rude when jumping in to follow.

You can spectate other players cars without leaving the pits :)
Just click on their name in the timing screen and you'll see their car. From there you can simply use the camera controls to change to the onboard camera and boom, done. No hazard on track and everyone can carry on in peace :)

Don't park your car along the track. Brings yellow flags, makes others think you are a wrecker waiting or just someone who doesn't bother to respect the rules. Sit in the pits, even in drive mode (use Ctrl + 1 or 3 on the numpad to cycle through the drivers), and spectate the other drivers if you want to learn the track.
In any case, use the chat to communicate with other people.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 213 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 160 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 278 13.5%