First impressions and some questions

Hi all!

I've been away quite some time from racing all in all but been anticipating AC, because I was always amazed by netKar.
After about 6 hours of driving it I still cant really be certain what I think hehe =)

I wasnt at all blown away by the FFB and physics as I was by netKar, for sure. But after boosting FFB to about 150% in game it feels better for me. Also I must say it grows on me the more I drive it, but still not super impressed. I'm not talking about realism I might mention, more about detailed FFB and immersion based on my taste.
Fav car must be the ferrari.
Biggest let down (incidentally also the car I was most excited about) must be the lotus 49. FFB doesnt feel detailed and my wheel is banging too hard.
Sounds, better and worse depending on car. The formula abarth is quite terrible, sounds as I'm constantly in super low revs. Any sound mod out for that one?

I managed to remove the info boxes while driving. Anyone know how to get them back?
Is assettocorsa.net the best source to look for info on what's getting updated when and so on?

Any info on how long until som sort of multiplayer might be added?

My only criticism with AC in it's current state of development is with the sounds, maybe more so with the sound environment. The engine sounds are too muffled unless representing what is heard when wearing a helmet

I fully agree on this, for me this is by now the only weak point at AC.Even if they are different cars, comparing the M3 Gt2 with the GSC V8's in terms of engine sound, there's a big difference in terms of how them blow your mind, when you are driving.

On other hand, this release is almost all about street cars, on those we can't expect sounds like a racing car. The 458 sound for example seems very good for me.

In terms of driving the cars, I admit wasn't impressed on the first laps, but since there's was an update on the FFB, the more I drive AC, the more I like it.

Hey, Sergio! Long time no see =) I agree with you. It grows alot by getting used to it. Whereas netKar gave me a wow from first second.

I put in a bunch of laps with the BMW M3 E30 last night. Probably the most intruiging car yet for me, fun to push around smaller tracks.

The announced car line up is also very interesting to me.

I still didnt manage to get how steam is working fully. Never used it before. I would like an easy way to see when the software is updated and exactly what.

I fully agree on this, for me this is by now the only weak point at AC.Even if they are different cars, comparing the M3 Gt2 with the GSC V8's in terms of engine sound, there's a big difference in terms of how them blow your mind, when you are driving.

On other hand, this release is almost all about street cars, on those we can't expect sounds like a racing car. The 458 sound for example seems very good for me.

In terms of driving the cars, I admit wasn't impressed on the first laps, but since there's was an update on the FFB, the more I drive AC, the more I like it.

I thought you wouldn't buy AC if there was a Steam only release?

Hey, Sergio! Long time no see =) I agree with you. It grows alot by getting used to it. Whereas netKar gave me a wow from first second.

I put in a bunch of laps with the BMW M3 E30 last night. Probably the most intruiging car yet for me, fun to push around smaller tracks.

The announced car line up is also very interesting to me.

I still didnt manage to get how steam is working fully. Never used it before. I would like an easy way to see when the software is updated and exactly what.

Hi Tomas, good to see you around again. I feel exactly as you on the first laps and seems like you are also changing your mind about AC like me. :thumbsup:

You can see the changes on the log file on the main AC folder.

Early Access 0.1.2

- Improved Force Feedback by removing redundant traffic
- Default FF rate is back to maximum
- Fixed autoclutch not fast enough to act as antistall when stopping the car in first gear
- Fixed problem when loading replays
- Added a change log

I personally haven't had an issue with AC, it's run like a finely tuned Top Fueler since install.
And I'm loving it, cant wait to get the 1st major update. :thumbsup:

Ok so it doesn't feel like NKP, I for one never expected it to, as AC was a ground up build, it was always going to feel different:)

Cant believe some peoples opinion of AC, it boggles the mind that the fact its BETA v0.1 could have something to do with the lack of content...

I'll reserve my thoughts till I've got the complete Assetto Corsa v1.0 installed and running ;) :thumbsup: then I believe I will be in a much better position to formulate an opinion on AC, based on the full game not just 10% which seems to be a somewhat common occurrence at the moment :rolleyes:

Reactions: Dux
  • Deleted member 113561

The screenshots were in no way pre-rendered. The FFB is right up there with the best in the business. The Physics are the best of any PC sim made to date.

I've driven virtually every driving game/sim on a computer since 1980, and I've never seen a UI quite as slick and well designed as this one.

If you think it feels arcadish you've clearly never driven a real car.

The damage isn't even turned on yet.

pCars looks slightly better in the graphics department. In every other aspect it's currently nowhere near AC. (Not hating on pCars, I hope it turns into a great product)

I have the feeling you're on some very strong medication or simply trolling. Just an opinion ;)
We have different opinions so what ... no reason to insult ppl

I tried to make my opinion as neutral as possible ... driving the different games and compare each other !
  • In pCARS & rFactor 2 i feel way more in the wheel than in AC
  • Graphics: if u look in detail u see that the screenshots are not like in ingame but nevermind! The graphics are not even NEAR pCARS ... theyre by miles off
  • For me the physics are just unlogic and absolutely not realistic and i work in a garage wheter i do often test cars after repair (so the look if they work properly and the handling is correct)... and most of the cars are sportcars (its a garage for Porsche cars and similiar but not only) and im working since 6 years there
  • Damage system: ok ... then i cant judge (i will correct OP)
  • UI: i think UI like in GT5+, Grid 2, Shift 2, pCARS, F1 2012+ and others are miles nicer and more intuitive than in AC ... (my opinion)

and no im not trolling or on some strong medication! I have the feeling ur just a Fanboy of AC and just have eyes for it!

I have started driving with GTR 2, Race 07, rFactor ....
Just because u drive since 1980 in racing games doesnt mean ur opinion is better than mine (just remind u cause in ur post i have the feeling u think ur opinion is more worth than mine)

Its my opinion and this opinion & post is no offense
maybe we should let decide The Stig which game is the best :roflmao:

Add:
Maybe some people cant accept critizism?
Add 2:
Im not upset ... just disappointed !

Last edited by a moderator:
hqdefault.jpg

Remember this neuer ? Still better graphics, physics and sound then AC :x3:

and no im not trolling or on some strong medication! I have the feeling ur just a Fanboy of AC and just have eyes for it!

I'm a fan of quality racing sims, that's all. I don't care who makes them. I'm just always searching for the most realistic feeling sims, and AC is the most realistic I've ever felt.

Just because u drive since 1980 in racing games doesnt mean ur opinion is better than mine (just remind u cause in ur post i have the feeling u think ur opinion is more worth than mine)

No, our opinions are worth the same. They are just opinions. I just happen to think that your opinion is bizarre, but you're welcome to it.

I don't get why it's so hard for game makers to make good FFB.

If you have a load of wheels and access to test track/cars with logging gear surely it's just a matter of time until you approach an ideal feeling?

It's a beta sure, but surely things like FF should be set and perfected months ago? Especially considering the shots they showed months back of all the different wheels they had for testing?!

Dave

• Graphics: if u look in detail u see that the screenshots are not like in ingame but nevermind! ...

You can have your opinion about physics and all that stuff but I am not sure if you are serious about this? Everything they showed so far is just how it looks ingame (minus the photomode effects while driving of course)... did you look at the screenshots thread lately? Those look just as good (if not even better) than what they showed us before... Show/name one thing that doesn't look like what they showed on a screenshot!?

Remember this neuer ? Still better graphics, physics and sound then AC :x3:
jf2IqCE.png

:thumbsup:

I am not upset with AC's physics, audio, and graphics. I am only upset about the cars it has..or rather does not have.

Cannot wait for some old american car mods. :inlove:

But I can say that in AC I am more willing to try cars that in anything else I would absolutely never have touched. And then I think: "Hey, this is not so bad. Perhaps a couple more laps"

Last edited:
For me the physics are just unlogic and absolutely not realistic and i work in a garage wheter i do often test cars after repair (so the look if they work properly and the handling is correct)... and most of the cars are sportcars (its a garage for Porsche cars and similiar but not only) and im working since 6 years there

Its my opinion and this opinion & post is no offense

Haha doesn't metter what exactly you are doing, as even you said that "u drive since 1980 in racing games doesnt mean ur opinion is better than mine" the fact that you've touched porsches doesn't mean your opinion is better than anything, so where's the reason that you are exactly talking about physics? no offense? oh no, look how you are offending yourself.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back