First impressions and some questions

Hi all!

I've been away quite some time from racing all in all but been anticipating AC, because I was always amazed by netKar.
After about 6 hours of driving it I still cant really be certain what I think hehe =)

I wasnt at all blown away by the FFB and physics as I was by netKar, for sure. But after boosting FFB to about 150% in game it feels better for me. Also I must say it grows on me the more I drive it, but still not super impressed. I'm not talking about realism I might mention, more about detailed FFB and immersion based on my taste.
Fav car must be the ferrari.
Biggest let down (incidentally also the car I was most excited about) must be the lotus 49. FFB doesnt feel detailed and my wheel is banging too hard.
Sounds, better and worse depending on car. The formula abarth is quite terrible, sounds as I'm constantly in super low revs. Any sound mod out for that one?

I managed to remove the info boxes while driving. Anyone know how to get them back?
Is assettocorsa.net the best source to look for info on what's getting updated when and so on?

Any info on how long until som sort of multiplayer might be added?

I managed to remove the info boxes while driving. Anyone know how to get them back?
Is assettocorsa.net the best source to look for info on what's getting updated when and so on?

Move your mouse to the right side of the screen, and you will see a menu bar where you can select what apps do you want to see while driving.

Also, +1 to Stuart. If you are using a Logitech wheel, use 100% in the profiler, and 0.80 or so in game, so you don't have much clipping.

@stuart, well it's very likely clipping at that amount, but at low numbers it's worse to me, just too light for my taste. I cant say the overall impression, amount of output from various effects (weight transfer, wheelspin, braking/lock ups, curbs etc) is blurred out from what I can feel by increasing the strength that high.

I understand it's new physics and in early stages. But comparing to netKar which is what I hoped for FFB wise, it's not really there for me. The Fiat Abarth is easy to compare straight off from netKar.

@David, Thanks I'll try that.

NetKar had the same FFB system as far as I know...

May be the same engine/system, I dont know. But take the abarth out for a spin in netKar and then the same car in AC and notice it is clearly not the same. For my taste, this feels less immersive. Like comparing a stradivarius concert with an electric guitar rock band, or something. Pretty rough in comparison.

Maybe it's a matter of taste, I dont know. But lets see what happens in future updates.

• Deleted member 113561

My first impression:

This is an arcade racing game ... the settings at maximum graphics, G27 and no assissts...

It really feels arcadish ... the screenshots were just prerenderd (who wonders) and the FFB is bullshit!
Graphics, Physics and UI are really bad (compared to pCARS , Shitf 2, rFactor 2 and in some parts even F1 2013/Grid 2)
The damage system is nonsense ... (correction here: no damage model atm!)
pCARS & other racing games are by miles better than Assetto Corsa

Just an opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
My first impression:

This is an arcade racing game ... the settings at maximum graphics, G27 and no assissts...

It really feels arcadish ... the screenshots were just prerenderd (who wonders) and the FFB is bullshit!
Graphics, Physics and UI are really bad (compared to pCARS , Shitf 2, rFactor 2 and in some parts even F1 2013/Grid 2)
The damage system is nonsense ...
pCARS is by miles better than Assetto Corsa

Just an opinion

The screenshots were in no way pre-rendered. The FFB is right up there with the best in the business. The Physics are the best of any PC sim made to date.

I've driven virtually every driving game/sim on a computer since 1980, and I've never seen a UI quite as slick and well designed as this one.

If you think it feels arcadish you've clearly never driven a real car.

The damage isn't even turned on yet.

pCars looks slightly better in the graphics department. In every other aspect it's currently nowhere near AC. (Not hating on pCars, I hope it turns into a great product)

I have the feeling you're on some very strong medication or simply trolling. Just an opinion ;)

Last edited:
The FFB is realistic as it is, but if I understand correctly, due to community demand, Kunos is implementing a more conventional "bump to tell you something" FFB to appease the masses. I'm looking forward to trying it. I hope it's optional though, because as soon as I get a Simvibe/buttkicker setup, I'll want to switch it back off.

My first impression:

Just an opinion

Definitely entitled to your own opinion but wow!

I've played all of the afore mentioned games and in my opinion Assetto Corsa blows them all away.

RFactor 2 is great fun, but Pcars although it looks fantastic, to me doesn't feel anything like a real car.

There seems to be a problem in the sim world that if it isn't stupidly hard to drive, it too arcadish, but that the thing real cars aren't that hard to drive!

I've owned several high power turbo's, one been an R33 skyline putting down 250kw at the rears with a 1.5 way mechanically limited slip diff, that I use to throw sideways around corners with ease, but jump on Pcars and it feels almost impossible to complete a single lap around bathurst without losing control in some slow arse car.

Sim shouldn't mean only the dedicated few who have spent hours mastering a game can play, sim should mean simulates real life! and to me Assetto Corsa is the closest to real life sim I've ever come across!

I too, must say that no other sim has come close to feeling like a real car like AC. I recently had the good fortune to attend an Autocross event where I drove a modified Mustang Cobra, both on the road and on track and can honestly say that AC is the first sim that left me with a sense that I could be driving the RL counterpart. The fine nuances and feedback make cars in AC seem too easy to control at times but, then I realized that's just how it feels in RL - easy until you are right on the edge or going over it. Brilliant!

My only criticism with AC in it's current state of development is with the sounds, maybe more so with the sound environment. The engine sounds are too muffled unless representing what is heard when wearing a helmet - if that's the case, fine but, I really want to hear the raw power of the exhaust after the car passes in track-side views. The exhaust sound just doesn't open up the way I would expect it to. Also, the engine samples are a bit too synthetic for my liking. Maybe not so bad at higher revs but, very noticeable at the low range.

Overall, I am loving AC and my favorite car to drive has the be the Ferrari at this point. Great work Kunos!

The FFB is realistic as it is, but if I understand correctly, due to community demand, Kunos is implementing a more conventional "bump to tell you something" FFB to appease the masses. I'm looking forward to trying it. I hope it's optional though, because as soon as I get a Simvibe/buttkicker setup, I'll want to switch it back off.

Yeah, Kunos said that there would be three sliders for the FFB "enhancements", so they can all be turned off. (Which is great. I much prefer the purist approach to FFB)

My first impression:

Just an opinion
Huehuehuehue

My first impression:

Just an opinion

oh my god!:confused::roflmao:

it comes from the heart:laugh:

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back