Resource icon

Cars FIAT 805 405 (1923) 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Will we see some French-Blue, American-Blue, German-White and (Sunbeam jokes aside) British-Green colors for this car at some point to bring it in-line with the Delage and Rolland?

Already there :D . I've added a lod C and D (thanks to CM) and shaved a few thousand tris off the main model, just trying to get some better sound and I'll post an update. At the moment, I'm stuck at sound that is different...but still crap.

Already there :D . I've added a lod C and D (thanks to CM) and shaved a few thousand tris off the main model, just trying to get some better sound and I'll post an update. At the moment, I'm stuck at sound that is different...but still crap.
Great! I assume you've also updated the model so that the default front grille is blank instead of having the number 14 pre-applied?

Great! I assume you've also updated the model so that the default front grille is blank instead of having the number 14 pre-applied?
Does the original have that? Must've saved the wrong image with the car. All clear now though, got a few other bits and bobs I want to do so it'll be a few days yet,

Allez les Bleus!
__custom_showroom_1628022968.jpg

Nicecuppatea updated FIAT 805 405 (1923) with a new update entry:

FIAT 805 405 (1923) v.1.1

Update to add:

-new sound, better than what was there (IMO) but I still feel it could be better - and if you're not a fan of annoying, high-pitched, whines I've put the supercharger sound under transmission, so you can turn it down now.
-enabled engine damage
-reduced tri count on lod A and lod B
-added lods C and D
-added optional RainFX data.acd (in rainfx_data folder in the main car folder)
-reduced grip of rear tyres a bit (another 'more work needed' area I think)
-raised drag a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Nicecuppatea Can I report a bug I found on the Fiat? There is something wrong with the dashboard / speedometer shadows, I am attaching a screenshot to let you know what I mean. Otherwise, a very good job, sir.

Attachments

• Screenshot_fiat_805_bremgarten_10-3-122-3-33-10.jpg
    Screenshot_fiat_805_bremgarten_10-3-122-3-33-10.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 63
@Nicecuppatea I think the drivetrain.ini should not have a value of 0.03 for the differential lock, see this section:

[DIFFERENTIAL]
POWER=0.03
COAST=0.03

Didn't the car have a spool diff? Or was it open? If it is a spool it should be a value of 0.999 (taking account of internal friction) for both. Usually the cars of that period had spools.
This would make the car handle very differently.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

If the diff is like this it is a spool (these are 1920s differentials):
1221755034_REODiff_20220122_0001.png.ab4a99125413fa69cbd82f29acc7f9b6.png

IMG_20220116_143806.jpg.99a99f95bbc7d8e1fd4b4496d04dac6e.jpg

Also, the PRELOAD value should not be zero, every diff has some friction.
It's mainly because I'm working on a 1924 car and it shares many parts with the Fiat 805, being made by the same engineer, Vittorio Jano.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back