Resource icon

Cars FIAT 805 405 (1923) 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Nicecuppatea submitted a new resource:

FIAT 805 405 (1923) - First supercharged car in a major Grand Prix

View attachment 435769

THE car of the 1923 season, without the characteristic unreliability that nearly all cars of that era suffered from it probably would've won every race. It was the first supercharged car to compete in a major Grand Prix although apparently a 1.5 litre FIAT in a minor regional race beat it to the title of 'first ever', according to FIAT themselves.

Probably the hardest car to make so far, almost entirely because reference material is so scarce and hard to...

Read more about this resource...

Forgot to add, I've tried to give all these cars a distinctive and slightly tongue-in-cheek horn sound and this one is no exception. Hope Italians won't be offended and will take it in the humourous spirit that's intended, Italy is one of my favourite countries for far more reasons than a loose connection to bloody good gangster films:

Also, there's a Paypal link on this post for any eccentric millionaires that feel grateful for my work. If you're poor or just skint ignore it completely, that's completely fine by me.

Last thing, if you find any faults, things you feel could be better, don't hesitate to let me know. Constructive criticism is always welcome, it's my chance to make my work better with your help.

I like the horn sound, and obviously the whole car, but the horn is missing ! ;)

Fiat-805._Pietro_Bordino(1923).jpg

Going by the picture of the horn, it would sound different... :D

I like the horn sound, and obviously the whole car, but the horn is missing ! ;)

View attachment 435795
Going by the picture of the horn, it would sound different... :D

Could be one of them multi-squeeze horns, every honk is different :laugh:

Vintage car bugbear: almost every picture you see has a different detail included or missing, sometimes on just one car and not any others. Always hard to know what to include and what to leave out but if I can't see it in pictures from the race then usually it's out.

I was just kidding. It's a great car and a good companion for your others (Tank de Tours, Sunbeam, Voisin...). Fun (and believable) driving. Thanks for making them :thumbsup:

I was just kidding. It's a great car and a good companion for your others (Tank de Tours, Sunbeam, Voisin...). Fun (and believable) driving. Thanks for making them :thumbsup:

No worries, I was laughing too. I just wanted to be over-serious for a second :) and explain why some things make it in and some don't, always adds that extra layer of complexity trying to decide.

Looking at that B/W photo it seems the tires are a bit "fatter", or is it just an impression?

They could be, wheel size is hard to pin down. I can see I've got no definite figure for their size in my technical notes, only for the tyres. The white-walls might create a bit of an optical illusion though, looking at other photos doesn't give the same impression to me.

Thanks a lot for yet another fantastic Mod- Especially the 'semi-gloss' Paint finish looks really nice! This is my favouriste of your Cars so far- just abit more agile than the Sunbeam, and it seems to have a bit more Torque so you can control your Drifts nicely:thumbsup:
I think I will create a few more skins for it to fill up the Field!

Hello

Can't get this car to work. It keeps crashing with the message "Driver model probably missing".

The other 3 1923 cars all work but this one causes Assetto Corsa to crash.

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Just an idea, to have 1923 for example in the name of all your cars (only the display name in CM) so it's easier to find in one search ?

well i edited the names of each car to have your name on them XD

1611007480939.png

Didn't manage to put the kid's face in so little pixels hey? :p
What's the formula classic tag in front?
I made this icon a whole while ago, before he changed his avatar. I recently tried to put the kid's face, but that doesn't show very well. :)

The Formula Classic prefix is to keep all of them together. Makes them easier to locate for me. I do the same for the LMP cars. I keep all the rest under the brand name.

Isn't that wat tags are for, though?

Although it's a bit weird you cannot type in a tag in the search field to search for the tag (only if you do tag:x). It only looks for a car's name :( But you can still click on tags or filter by author and find the one you want.

Last edited:
Isn't that wat tags are for, though?

Although it's a bit weird you cannot type in a tag in the search field to search for the tag (only if you do tag:x). It only looks for a car's name :( But you can still click on tags or filter by author and find the one you want.
Right you are. But using tags often has issues for me, not finding the car I wanted etc...
Since I have 'only' about 300 cars installed, the method I use is fast & foolproof for me though and I almost never use tags any more.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%