Servername: RD GTL RACING CLUB
Class: Mixed
Vehicles:
Race1: Mini Cooper 1310 (download)
Race2: Fiat Abarth 131 (download)
Track: Hockenheim Short (default)
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 20 mins
Qualification: 10 mins - (ONE TIMED LAP)
Race: 18 laps
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: This is a NON Rankings Point event.
Note3: Default skins that are included with the mods.

Guess you had some ISP problems, and couldn't reach the lobby. Glad it got sorted for the second race :good:

Anyway, way too slow, as usual. But managed to have a fun race 1, chasing and trying to lose Jack most of the time :). No great passes though, just mistakes from both of us.

gtl2010111622475309.jpg

Race 2 looked more promising, wasn't that far off pace. Will snuck by in turn 1, and I was chasing him for most of my race.

gtl2010111622552491.jpg

gtl2010111622553914.jpg

I was a bit faster, but never dared to try a pass. I have to stop doing that, LOL.

Anyway, it was all fun and games, until... Well...

gtl2010111622570078.jpg

gtl2010111622571753.jpg

gtl2010111623001333.jpg

Couldn't steer properly, I thought I lost a wheel. By the time I found the button for the TV camera, to see what was going on, I noticed the leaders aren't that far behind, so escaped.

I wish I had a good excuse for not showing up today fellas, but the truth is I just couldn't get outta bed. In my sleep, I turned off the alarm when it went off. I was pretty angry when I woke up and realized what I had done.:mad:

My apologies to you all.

From now on I'm placing the alarm at the end of the room, that way I have to get OUT of bed to turn it off.

Well, I thought I was going to have a good race here.

Race 1: Q6, in the 1:15's for the first time and in some good company with Ako, Hutch and Lenno in front of me in the 1:15's too. Got a reasonable start, but a missed brake point at the hairpin dropped me behind Thommo. In my efforts to stay with him, I got a sng for cutting, followed by a sng for pit lane speeding, another sng for pit lane speeding, a 103 second pitstop to repair damage from the crash I had coming in to the pits for the 2nd sng, another sng for pit lane speeding, then one more for cutting. I came last 37 laps down.

Race 2: Q10, ok start, but lost at the hairpin under breaking (notice a common theme). Passed Will after he spun, and was just begining to catch Jack when my heavy right foot threw my in to the barrier in the infield, race over.

One day, possibly sometime in 2038, I will stop trying too hard.

Very much a game of two halves for me.

Race 1 - Had good pace in the Mini, quallied P2, but ended up on my roof in a hectic T1. Had a cracking drive back through most of the field after that, and considering I lost the best part of 20 sec at T1, and actually only finished 12 sec off the eventual winner, bit of a missed opportunity, but was fun trying to make up the places.

Race 2 - about Midfield pace in the 131, and had a hard charging Lenno up my trumpet for most of the race. Desperately tried to keep to my consistent line, as it was doing the trick keeping Gary back there, but on lap 17, with tyres degenerating rapidly, I broke a bit late, went wide into T2 I think, left a small opening which Gary duly took. He tried to give it back on the S/F line on the final lap, but I was having none of it and I punted him over the line for the (deserved) place. Very good stuff in there.

Race 1. I had handled the mini ok (for me) in pre-race day practice but come race time ...poor results. Good battle with Senad in Race 1 through the middle section. Late in race I began to be lapped and after checking the replay I see that I was not very efficient at letting Nigel and Lescek get by me. An area that still needs improvement. Sorry about the bump Lescek but did not see you off to my left.

Race 2. Time to settle down somewhat and just stay on track .. not worry about being fast in the corners with this beast. As a result, I completed the race and wasn't lapped. Ya, I could see you a coming there Tim and I slowed alittle near the 15 th lap just to make sure I didn't go off ( thinking it was the end of the race at 16 laps) and guess what, there were two more laps left and now you were hunting me down. Oh %^&#@ he's going to catch me.... got to get moving. Good fun.

Cheers to winners, all racers, and Carlos/Stu for organizing.

It could be said i never "clicked" with the Mini at all,but im sure i concealed it quite well and no one really noticed eh?....or maybe the huge spin at T2 going off backwards in a cloud of smoke and dust gave me away?...

Change to the Fiat and life becomes good again :D,away with what is now becoming the standard Lenno duff start losing at least one place (i am going to address this bad trend and try to reclaim my good start powers back again)...the whole race more or less was attacking Stu with Hutcho watching and waiting,just want to clear up that first "Donk" on the back of Stu's car at T2 and the fact it wasnt me,it looked to be impossible for it to be anyone else but me,but somehow a car behind got through me and "Donked" you,then cleverly fell back in behind me,so im sure from your perspective it could have only possibly ever been me,but it werent :p.
The early part of the race the Stu/Lenno/Hutcho train was creeping in on those ahead a little bit,but the more i pressured Stu the more defensive he got allowing them to clear off,but i just couldnt get a pass made,Stu just easily used the track to his advantage at the possible passing places only ever offering up the outside hero option that just never payed off.
One black spot of my race was my total public server lunge at Hutcho at the hairpin,he must have smelled it coming or something as it was all his awareness and avoidance that made it a less dramatic public server lunge than it could have been,thanks and sorry Hutchers m8 :(.
So it was actually the last lap and i am sort of resigned to this finishing order but i get a nice run out of T1 closing in on Stu for T2,when he says he goes wide,well...were talking by cm's,i sort of shoehorn my nose in the gap and kind of lever my way past,my left door handle doesnt just scrape Stu's paint,it gouges the steel panel as well,right down his right side :D,that probably wont T-Cut out tbh....
So all the way around the last lap im half chuffed to bits at finally pulling off 17 laps worth of intense grafting for one single place,and half disappointed at a couple of my "antics?" along the way so i was preparing to let Stu and Hutch get me at the line but Thommo insisted i stay ahead......and thats how it all happened.

Thanks Carlos/Stu & RD

I'm starting to think about the fact that on Tuesday I should not participate in competitions. Anyway, in the first race. This kind of mysticism. :confused:
Last Tuesday, right after quali, my PC is frozen, and yesterday it refused to load the lobby. So I did not train all night, and tried to connect to the server.

Then, already having lost all hope, I suddenly was able to push the ping (Senad thanks for the tip).
I was advised to check ping (ping gtl-lobby.bierbuden.de) and really - packets are not sent.
Then, after a while, I tried to ping of GTR2 and it worked, and after him started to work GTL.

In the end, I got to the last minutes of practice of secon race and rode now as I could.

Quali - 7th. On the first two rounds, I brought some issues to Stewart and especially to Gary. I like a wild pounced on him at the first corner, and well, that globally affected only me. Gary and Stu, I bring my apologies.
I still do not have enough racing patience to choose the moment of overtaking. Rush in the first case. I hope it's from lack of experience.
After the incident with Gary, I've lost a few places and still come back to my starting 7 th place.

P.S. It is a pity that I was unable to participate in the first race, because with Mini, I felt much more confident. After some training, I was able to get below 1.14.:frown:

Well, it was a good nights racing. Race 1 started great, off the line like a rocket, get infront of Thommo before turn 1 but I was on the inside so couldn't take the corner at full speed. As Thommo turn in he caught my rear left quarter and came off a bit worse as the game interpreted it. Lost a place to Paulo but was soon up to speed and a couple of laps later got by Paulo in the stadium section. I watched Ako but the screws on Leszek until he spun at T2. I managed to get by while he was getting back upto speed but just couldn't get near the flying Ako so had to settle for 2nd.

Race 2, top midfiled place in quali & got away well but just had to pause a bit going into T1 following Thommo. This allowed Ako through as then into T2 there was some ar-ge bar-ge which left me coming out behind Lenno. As Lenno reported this turned into the Thommo train & I was content to be an observer. Lenno was trying all in his powers to find a way past Thommo but he wasn't leaving any gaps anywhere. There was a point just past half way that Lenno lost it, after a failed move, which allowed me to move up a place but as he said this only lasted a couple of bends before he tagged me into the hairpin and regained his spot back. The rest has been said by the man himself above & I duly followed them across the line but it was great fun watching Lenno looking for a way by and equally nice to see Thommo use all his race craft to stop him which nearly worked. Great racing guys.

Thanks to the absencent Carlos for putting together another grt car/track combo. Thanks to Thommo for taking care of the server duties. Grts to Ako & Leszek on their wins and a big thanks to all the drivers on track for making it a great nights racing.

Yer gent Hutcho! :thumbsup:

Dmytro dont beat yourself up man,were all on the track to "Race" against each other,not a show parade :),also you are mainly mixing with some guys who have more experience than they care to remember,counting up literally hundreds of thousands of miles of virtual on-track time across various sims through the ages,so a very good learning ground to just follow and watch for some laps,stick in there man and just enjoy GTL club atmosphere.

An it went so good in practice,did a 1.15.zero second place after Stu, then game Quali fumble up an start on p10 making a good start an took some places an then the chicane, a bit crowded there brake to hard an take the fence frontal have to wait to let everybody go by so dead last an start chasing Senad an Jack making it easy on me, than Will in front on 10 sec taking back 2-3 sec but a small mistake an it was 10 sec again so it stay that way taking some back an lose it again,but I still love that Mini great to race that car.

R2- Fiat and I are not big friends, cant get that car to run fast don't no why,bid lonely race an to much mistakes no idea of my fin place.

Thanks Carlos an Stuart an the guys for racing grats to the podium.

Dmytro dont beat yourself up man,were all on the track to "Race" against each other,not a show parade :),also you are mainly mixing with some guys who have more experience than they care to remember,counting up literally hundreds of thousands of miles of virtual on-track time across various sims through the ages,so a very good learning ground to just follow and watch for some laps,stick in there man and just enjoy GTL club atmosphere.

Agree with this ^

It's not just the miles driven, either - it's the miles driven against real people that makes the biggest difference. Dmytro - you've previously said you've been mostly offline until now. You've obviously got the pace, all you need to get is the experience of driving with people and you'll be fine. It's not an overnight thing, but basically you have to drive online to learn to drive online. We've all been there, don't worry about the odd accident or collision or touch or spin too much - just as long as you take some experience from it.

For what it's worth, I honestly cannot remember the issues that you mention with me & Lenno, so it can't have been that bad :D

1st race: Mini cup.
I just can't drive these Mini's right (lack of skills for sure). Brought it home at 8th, was a victory for me. :tongue:

2nd race: 131 Abarth cup.
Now, this is a car I like to drive. As usually, I didn't practice and only had time to make a couple of laps in practice but undoubtedly, my face was smiling driving it, despite the 5th place at the grid. :D
Good start and I found myself chasing Leszek lead. I wasn't able to stay with him tho, his pace was 1 second faster. :f1:
A bit later, Nigel was pursuiting me, but managed to run with a safe 2 seconds gap for him and finished in 2nd.

Congrats to winners and all finishers and thank you Carlos/Stuart and RD.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back