Resource icon

Apps FFBClip app 5.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Last post tonight. I down loaded FFBClip52 and did the extraction and placed the files created in the Steamapps / common / assettocorsa / apps / pythong / Created a FFBClip folder. I opened Assetto Corse and placed the check mark next to the app then started to drive. I pull out the menu on the right side of the screen and yes now there is the FFBClip app. I turn that on. Well I stopped and I will test tomorrow. I feel confident it will work.

Good that you got it working!

A few pages back I posted a test version that detect you documents folder differently. You might want to try that.
It's a bit weird that 5.2 works but not 5.3, though.

Ok. Stupid me. I now used Windzip to unzip. it. Inside I see to folders (Apps) and (Content). the Over View of this Race Department says to unzip it in the Steam / Steamapps / Common / Assettocorsa. But there already is an Apps and Content folder there.

I read some more searching the internet again. They said to Make a FFBClip53 folder and place that in Steam / steamapps / common / assettocorsa / apps / python. I did that and that is where I have gMeter app in a folder named gMeter.

I still have the same problem. The Gmeter is an option in the pull out menu on the right side of the screen while your driving but again no FFBClip53.

If you have put it in the right place, now you can go to the games option, then the general tab and there should be a button to turn it on.

That was many questions in one. :)

The app doesn't know how strong the wheel is. It only looks at the output from the game. The output is from 0 to 100%, and doesn't care if 100% is 2Nm or 30Nm of torque. This is because the clipping is in the software, completely removed from the hardware.

Now, for the second part. If you set the DD mode for the app, it will ask you how strong your wheel is. This is to be able to scale the forces in Nm.
For insurance, my DD wheel is 26Nm at full power. This means that the app knows that 100% output from the game means 26Nm. So, if I want 13Nm I know I need to aim for 50% output.

Having said that, there can be hardware clipping too, but my app can't do anything about that. I have covered this in my big calibration thread over in the main game forum.
[/CITATION]

hi, sorry i don't understand very well for my direct drive
do you have a link where you explain how works please

if i keep my 25nm do i need to reduce manually strenght ?

if i have 25nm simucube with 100% on my control panel how to set that in your app for automatic telemetry result for each car
i would like to adjust one time and don't touch each time
thank you for your help

I've downloaded FFBCLIP and put it in assetocorsa and it appears in game, i tick it and nothing shows up when i start playing
Same problem here. it appears in the general option menu gui mods so i tik. But then when in the game doesn't appear on the right side. apparently you can't just unzip it in Steamapps/Assetto Corsa/ like it is said. or even " content" and "app". this is so ****ed up, and no answers anywhere

Sometimes this file is missing for people:
"...assettocorsa\apps\python\system\acsys.py"

Remove ".txt" ending from attachement if its the case for you, create the folder if not already there.

Other errors maybe found in
"...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt"
or
"...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt"

Btw your with luck i even post this after your senseless shouting in two consecutive posts in a small timeframe.

Attachments

• acsys.py.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Sometimes this file is missing for people:
"...assettocorsa\apps\python\system\acsys.py"

Remove ".txt" ending from attachement if its the case for you, create the folder if not already there.

Other errors maybe found in
"...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\py_log.txt"
or
"...Documents\Assetto Corsa\logs\log.txt"

Btw your with luck i even posts this after your senseless shouting in two consecutive posts in a small timeframe.
Thanks very much, i'ill try that. Sorry about the shouting. i was getting mad at not being able to get this thing working.

Same problem, app is showing in general menu but nothing in-game, in py_log there is an error: UnicodeDecodeError: 'gbk' codec can't decode byte 0xae in position 396: illegal multibyte sequence

Just curious how most people use this app.

Do you just let it run in the background and automatically adjust your ffb in real time on a track by track and\or car by car basis? Kind of as a way to automatically adjust for different tracks having different levels of bumpiness. Or do you use it once per car to get a good ffb setting for that particular car, save it and turn off the app and then do the same for any other cars you drive?

Last edited:
I always have it on, set to manual, and adjust it to each car. Just a few percentage points either way makes a big difference to how the cars feel. Mod cars can vary wildly in their requirements.

Sometimes, I'll subtract 5% if there is a fast curve that makes my wheel clip. Spa's Eau Rouge is always tricky - I generally set the FFB to clip there and stay green through Pouhon so as to get a decent feel in the rest of the lap. (My weak DFGT gives me little room for adjustment - other, stronger wheels might not need it.)

Although I'm very grateful for the app, I run an older version because I'm too scared that changing anything in the fragile AC/CM/CSP/FFBClip/LUT-file/Logitech-profiler eco-system will muck up my precious FFB. :redface::D

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 475 70.1%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 288 42.5%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 312 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 182 26.8%
Back