FFB Vibration/Noise in Direct Drive/AccuForce wheels?

Shovas

Premium
Update 2020-07-04: Updated my settings here: https://selah.ca/secrets...#Force_Feedback_Settings

It might be surprising but I've never really given AC a chance, even though I really want to, because I've never been able to get clean ffb out of it whereas in ACC/iR/AMS/RF2/R3E/GTR2 it's no problem. Yes, ACC feels great, but I'd love to experience all that AC brings to the table with mods and addons and all that. But in AC the rough FFB is just too much to overcome for me.

Is this vibration or noise in the ffb normal for direct drive wheels or for other owners of AccuForce wheels in AC?

Any suggestions from other DD/AF owners on what you've done to get good ffb?

Thanks,

Last edited:
i do not use sim commander, these are the programmed values inserted into the accuforce.
wheel.
sim commander :-
mode > high
intensity > 100%
smoothing > 4%
deg rotation > 540 deg
stop spring > 3.5%
stop damper > 2%
friction > 0
damper > 0
inertia > 0

AC :-
gain > 60%
filter > 0
min force > 0
road > 0
slip > 30%
abs > 0
enhanced understeer > tick
gamma > 1
filter > 0
speed > 0

i am not saying in anyway that these are correct values, they are just what i have finally arrived at.
If anyone one wants to make any suggestions, they would be most welcome. :)

Use ffb clip and put it into direct drive mode then limit the torque to you’re wheels or desired output, yours would be around 12nm ,mines is 7-7.5 ,no more rattling and crazy noises.

Worked for my csw v2, the sim always puts out max power.

I can still feel 'meaningless' noise in the ffb signal regardless of overall strength.

I've fixed it with my latest settings. Seems to be an AccuForce-specific issue, though.

When I used sim commander it became an endless
trudge through all the many settings, finding setting after setting than worked well for some the time then seemed to cause problems at other times.
Then it got so that I had individual settings per car, then per car and per track.
Now I have absolutely no problem at all with the
Accuforce, just it will start oscillating with hands off,
which, if I wished, could be solved with gyro at 1.
The wheel gives a natural feel, so much so that I see no point in replacing it at all.

Are you still using SimCommander or just the wheel?

After saving max smoothing directly to the wheel I'm actually getting very good ffb results without SimCommander after having tuned in-game settings (I posted those above).

Just Wheel, no SimCommander.:)

I have read from a person I respect, that most people do not include any damping, ie mine is set to 0.
You may be wondering why I have not followed this up, I always get side tracked, so consequently it never gets it sorted !!!
And when I do remember, like now, I am always away from home. :rolleyes:

Is this something you have researched.:unsure:

Is this something you have researched.:unsure:
You mean damping?

I have tried with and without damping before. I find a little bit of Friction and Damper can help the wheel feel more like a real car's steering wheel with some 'weight' to it, otherwise sometimes it can fly around too fast and it feels unrealistic. My Friction/Damper are usually 1-5% (1.18% normally in SC and 2.4% in the wheel controller; both default values, they seem to work well).

You mean damping?

I have tried with and without damping before. I find a little bit of Friction and Damper can help the wheel feel more like a real car's steering wheel with some 'weight' to it, otherwise sometimes it can fly around too fast and it feels unrealistic. My Friction/Damper are usually 1-5% (1.18% normally in SC and 2.4% in the wheel controller; both default values, they seem to work well).

Hey there! Would you mind sharing the final Assetto Corsa/Sim Commander 4 FFB settings that you wound up settling on? My Accuforce V2 showed up today and the noise and whine that you described (and I am now experiencing) is terrible. It feels like the darn thing is playing my entire sim rig like some kind of instrument xD.

Hey there! Would you mind sharing the final Assetto Corsa/Sim Commander 4 FFB settings that you wound up settling on? My Accuforce V2 showed up today and the noise and whine that you described (and I am now experiencing) is terrible. It feels like the darn thing is playing my entire sim rig like some kind of instrument xD.

I've updated my settings and linked in the first post.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back