F1 2018 FFB settings

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
So I have played the game for 3 hours now, I am a little confused, all the reviewers raved about the FFB but I still find it very lacking. I run a Clubsport v2.5, what settings are people using?

At the moment I run
overal ffb - 60%
road effects - 20%
kerbs - 30%
off road - 30%
wheel weight - 3%
and understeer effect on

There just seems to be little detail, there are some extra road effects and the kerbs feel better but I specifically mean the loading through the corners and varying wheel weight, test the "S" bends at Suzuka and you will get a perfect example of what I mean, it is just so numb.

To exaggerate slightly: whats the point in just having pointless wheel movements. The wheel movement I want is ONLY those that should be there at the correct level of force and not just what the wheel can kick out.
So I only get 25% sometimes...because it's the right 25% :D
so basically you want the full range of forces but only at a quarter of the strength? that is what you are saying, I want the same but at 100% strength

I'm going to echo Ben Saylor with me using the G920 (on PC). I can't complete a single clean lap because there is no FFB until you hit a bump and the wheel just pulls you 90 degrees left or right straight into a wall. I think I used an average of 4 flashbacks just trying to do a 5-lap race in Australia last night to try the game out. Forget the event - I couldn't get through one lap without getting pulled into every other wall.

I tried lowering the FFB but then it's incredibly hard to to stay straight as the steering seems very sensitive and every mm of movement is magnified on the track. Couple that with aggressive AI (Stroll tried to put me into the wall going down the straight towards Eau Rouge), and I am going to have to wait until someone figures out some playable settings or Logitech/Codemasters patches it.

Do you own Project Cars 2? Apparently that can mess with the wheel settings. No idea how to fix this.

I have Thrustmaster T300 RS with F1 rim and the force feedback is so much better in F1 2018 compared to F1 2017. I love it. Much more detail and proper weight you can feel, i love it so far.
I am using 360 angle, and in settings FFB strength 85, on track effects 40, rumblestrip effects 50, off track effects 40, wheel damper 35, understeer enhance ON. (and in thrustmaster control panel i have overal strength 70%, constant 100%, periodic 100%, spring 0%, damper 0%)

I have Thrustmaster T300 RS with F1 rim and the force feedback is so much better in F1 2018 compared to F1 2017. I love it. Much more detail and proper weight you can feel, i love it so far.
I am using 360 angle, and in settings FFB strength 85, on track effects 40, rumblestrip effects 50, off track effects 40, wheel damper 35, understeer enhance ON. (and in thrustmaster control panel i have overal strength 70%, constant 100%, periodic 100%, spring 0%, damper 0%)

Tried your settings and the ts-pc racer with F1 rim feels alot better. The only difference is in the thrustmaster control panel left the ffb at 100% for all settings.

One thing that I always find important and overlook when I first boot up a game is that the FFB settings may be too high causing the wheel to feel dead because you are clipping on the limit of the FFB, and therefore losing the feeling of effects. Start by turning your FFB down so that you know you aren't clipping. Set it lower than you want and work your way up to a place where the forces are strong enough for you to feel them, but not clipping.

I found that when I did this in F1 2018 I was able to more easily correct oversteer and in general control the car better and I think some of that was because at default of 100 FFB my wheel was clipping.

For me on a T300 using the F1 rim, I'm using everything at default, including both the TM control panel settings and in-game, except for the overall FFB strength being set at 70 (I think the effects are 20, 50, 40, 10 in that order with understeer enhance on) . The default weight was way too heavy and causing noticeable clipping, and while 70 may still be clipping a little I think, long races have been quite nice to drive at these settings so far.

The G29 is undrivable. It feels like there is a delay and like driving on a pad. The force feedback other than canned effects is non-existent. It is a major step back from last year (where feedback was dull but useful).
Apparently G29 may not work properly with F1 2018 for some people, some do not have all of the settings that others do. No "maximum wheel rotation" setting in the menu, maybe something else too https://forums.codemasters.com/post/editdiscussion/140601

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back