F1 2018 FFB settings

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)
So I have played the game for 3 hours now, I am a little confused, all the reviewers raved about the FFB but I still find it very lacking. I run a Clubsport v2.5, what settings are people using?

At the moment I run
overal ffb - 60%
road effects - 20%
kerbs - 30%
off road - 30%
wheel weight - 3%
and understeer effect on

There just seems to be little detail, there are some extra road effects and the kerbs feel better but I specifically mean the loading through the corners and varying wheel weight, test the "S" bends at Suzuka and you will get a perfect example of what I mean, it is just so numb.

The G29 is undrivable. It feels like there is a delay and like driving on a pad. The force feedback other than canned effects is non-existent. It is a major step back from last year (where feedback was dull but useful).

woah, really that bad?

Yep. I thought the Feedback in 2017 was pretty good. It was "dull" but I could feel the car stepping our or the tires wearing a bit. This year it feels like all it does is rattle with no feel of the weight of the car. The feedback is dead when going straight and then turning it at all (tried 900, 540, 300, 270) degrees of rotation is very sudden and jerky like playing on a controller. I thought I was nuts so I fired up 2017 and realized that is was significantly better overall. Many of the reviews praised the feedback this year and said that it just works (see Jimmy and the Simpit's Youtube videos). However, in my experience it is the worst feedback ever in an F1 title. Maybe the Day 1 patch messed something up in the settings but it is bad. I have already refunded due to this. I'm not in the waiting for a patch and going over my 2 hours playtime causing me to lose the ability to refund.

So I have played the game for 3 hours now, I am a little confused, all the reviewers raved about the FFB but I still find it very lacking. I run a Clubsport v2.5, what settings are people using?

At the moment I run
overal ffb - 60%
road effects - 20%
kerbs - 30%
off road - 30%
wheel weight - 3%
and understeer effect on

There just seems to be little detail, there are some extra road effects and the kerbs feel better but I specifically mean the loading through the corners and varying wheel weight, test the "S" bends at Suzuka and you will get a perfect example of what I mean, it is just so numb.

Might be an idea to let us know whether you are on pc, PS4 or Xbox, and what your wheel settings are and if your fanatic drivers and firmware are up to date.

For my PC I have 'On Track Effects' at 70.
The wheel damping at 25.
I've been playing with the Lotus 79 mostly though.
I have to say it feels awesome! I have just completed Spa until my arms got tired.
I'm watching old videos and I think this is the closest I've gotten to recreating that 'feel' of that era. Better than AC& PC2.
I am not saying 'faster' or anything related, I'm just saying the experience I'm getting is brilliant for the vintage cars :D

Fanatec P1 for vintage cars and McLaren GT3 for modern.

For my PC I have 'On Track Effects' at 70.
The wheel damping at 25.
I've been playing with the Lotus 79 mostly though.
I have to say it feels awesome! I have just completed Spa until my arms got tired.
I'm watching old videos and I think this is the closest I've gotten to recreating that 'feel' of that era. Better than AC& PC2.
I am not saying 'faster' or anything related, I'm just saying the experience I'm getting is brilliant for the vintage cars :D

Fanatec P1 for vintage cars and McLaren GT3 for modern.
what overall strength are you running it on? those settings with anything over 60% just clips all the time

Here's my very basic method of determining initial settings for FFB.

Attenuation/amplification of 2 elements: 1 is game generated and 2 is wheel generated.
Winding 2 up irrespective of 1 is counterproductive.
So as 'The Game' should determine what the FFB should be I wind up 1 so that I'm getting something.
Then I alter 2 to make the 1 work.

So with road effects at 20 I had a flat nothing when driving. I am now on 70 and my wheel is doing its thing. Now I alter the wheel (2) to get rid of clipping.

Hope I helped.

Here's my very basic method of determining initial settings for FFB.

Attenuation/amplification of 2 elements: 1 is game generated and 2 is wheel generated.
Winding 2 up irrespective of 1 is counterproductive.
So as 'The Game' should determine what the FFB should be I wind up 1 so that I'm getting something.
Then I alter 2 to make the 1 work.

So with road effects at 20 I had a flat nothing when driving. I am now on 70 and my wheel is doing its thing. Now I alter the wheel (2) to get rid of clipping.

Hope I helped.
I thought everyone recommended wheel set to 100% and then just adjust strength in game for clipping? otherwise you aren't getting the wheels full force??

I'm going to echo Ben Saylor with me using the G920 (on PC). I can't complete a single clean lap because there is no FFB until you hit a bump and the wheel just pulls you 90 degrees left or right straight into a wall. I think I used an average of 4 flashbacks just trying to do a 5-lap race in Australia last night to try the game out. Forget the event - I couldn't get through one lap without getting pulled into every other wall.

I tried lowering the FFB but then it's incredibly hard to to stay straight as the steering seems very sensitive and every mm of movement is magnified on the track. Couple that with aggressive AI (Stroll tried to put me into the wall going down the straight towards Eau Rouge), and I am going to have to wait until someone figures out some playable settings or Logitech/Codemasters patches it.

I thought everyone recommended wheel set to 100% and then just adjust strength in game for clipping? otherwise you aren't getting the wheels full force??
What is it you are trying to achieve is your 1st question.
Maximum wheel output without clipping?
I'm going for detailed information transmitted to my hands in order for me to feel like I'm driving.

Yes, but only at 100% wheel force feedback do you get the full range of force
To exaggerate slightly: whats the point in just having pointless wheel movements. The wheel movement I want is ONLY those that should be there at the correct level of force and not just what the wheel can kick out.
So I only get 25% sometimes...because it's the right 25% :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing