FFB report sheet

"Short" survey list to provide data on what's the situation with the current FFB.

FFB ok: the FFB works on the whole wheel. Output signal is consistent and "readable"
Center deadzone or "floaty" or else: really low or absence of FFB in the central zone of the wheel; few details transmitted or other particular situations that can be identified as anomaly in the FFB
FFB dead: as said

Thanks!

Edit:
Last entry for TRUSTMASTER T500 refers to the T500 FERRARI F1 model. Also, note that the "T501" is just a numerical sequence error made by excel and still relates to the T500 FERRARI F1 model. Sorry for the mess!

As @Jay Ekkel pointed out in a post below, please rate your FFB experience just on those tracks that have been updated with the RoadFeel Technology as the "old ones" may give a dull FFB effect.

Last edited:
Great idea for a post! It's interesting to see how people perceive other wheels.

I'm voting G27 center deadzone / floaty *even though* the Oct 17 update and a fresh controller profile really, really improved the situation for me. I had the most fun last night putting in maybe 50-60 laps I've had in a long time with R3E because previously the FFB was dull or had a massive center deadzone. I had given up on DTM-E until last night, as well, and I can almost enjoy it now.

All that said, the center deadzone is still far too much. As just one example, going from a fast straight to a hard braking corner your wheel is centered but the car may actually be swerving to the left or right and you don't feel this until too late and then you try to correct but you have to over-correct. That's the core problem with the center deadzone issue. You can't race enjoyably with it.

Update on my side.
I've moved out my old controller profiles from the Documents folder and started working back on the default settings.
After some fiddling I achieved a very close good feeling on the FFB.
So here are my current values

FFB tested on HONDA CIVIC WTCC on Monza GP Track (Good FFB) and CAMARO GT3 ADAC (still a bit weak in the center zone compared to the Honda)

In the FORCE FEEDBACK TAB
FORCE FEEDBACK
Force Feedback : On (Really?!? LOL)
Inverted Force Feedback: On
Force Feedback Intensity: 85%
Smoothing: 0%

STEERING FORCE SETTINGS
Steering Force Intensity: 95%
Understeer: 100%
Vertical Load: 115%
Lateral Force: 135%
Steering Rack: 80%

FORCE FEEDBACK EFFECT SETTINGS
Engine Vibrations: 10%
Brake Vibrations: 20%
Kerb Vibrations: 25%
Shift Effect: 85%

In the ADVANCED SETTINGS TAB
H Pattern Shift: On (When using h-shift cars, otherwise OFF)
Speed Sensitive Steering: 0
Min Steering Speed: 0
Max Steering Speed: 0
Analog Sector 1-2-3: 0
Return Multipier: 4 < reverted to 4 (and anyhow it' true what you said... it just works on analog controllers so... my bad!)
Steering Sensitivity: 50% < yeah, it's deff better 1:1 :)
Throttle Sensitivity: 70%
Brake Sensitivity: 100%
Clutch Sensitivity: 100%
Dead Zone Values: all 0%

I'm also waiting for a friend of mine who should be able to intervene directly on the parameters in the RCS file. As soon as I have tested his stuff I'll report how it goes.
So for now... I'm changing my poll vote to FFB OK ;)

Last edited:
Update on my side.
I've moved out my old controller profiles from the Documents folder and started working back on the default settings.
After some fiddling I achieved a very close good feeling on the FFB.
So here are my current values

FFB tested on HONDA CIVIC WTCC on Monza GP Track (Good FFB) and CAMARO GT3 ADAC (still a bit weak in the center zone compared to the Honda)

In the FORCE FEEDBACK TAB
FORCE FEEDBACK
Force Feedback : On (Really?!? LOL)
Inverted Force Feedback: On
Force Feedback Intensity: 85%
Smoothing: 0%

STEERING FORCE SETTINGS
Steering Force Intensity: 95%
Understeer: 100%
Vertical Load: 115%
Lateral Force: 135%
Steering Rack: 80%

FORCE FEEDBACK EFFECT SETTINGS
Engine Vibrations: 10%
Brake Vibrations: 20%
Kerb Vibrations: 25%
Shift Effect: 85%

In the ADVANCED SETTINGS TAB
H Pattern Shift: On (When using h-shift cars, otherwise OFF)
Speed Sensitive Steering: 0
Min Steering Speed: 0
Max Steering Speed: 0
Analog Sector 1-2-3: 0
Return Multipier: 4 < reverted to 4 (and anyhow it' true what you said... it just works on analog controllers so... my bad!)
Steering Sensitivity: 50% < yeah, it's deff better 1:1 :)
Throttle Sensitivity: 70%
Brake Sensitivity: 100%
Clutch Sensitivity: 100%
Dead Zone Values: all 0%

I'm also waiting for a friend of mine who should be able to intervene directly on the parameters in the RCS file. As soon as I have tested his stuff I'll report how it goes.
So for now... I'm changing my poll vote to FFB OK ;)

what wheel is this setting for? ive read all your post and still could not see what wheel your currently using.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back