FFB clipping app

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by JoelGL, May 14, 2015.

1. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +87
    Is there such an app for rF2? I believe I read it someone mentioned about it but that was some time ago, and couldn't find it. I also searched the mods section but couldn't find one. Thanks.

2. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,493
    You will find everything you need to know, and more, here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-for-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

It contains a link to the clipping detector app as well.

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +87
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
  4. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,493
    You can adjust it in the game's controller menu. Always set it to 0.

5. JoelGL

JoelGL

Ratings:
    +87
    Thanks, yes learned that too from ISI forums,lots of stuff. 0 smoothing though allows too much rattle w/ my G27 when hitting curbs at 70% FFB in-game, so I'm trying to find enough amount w/o losing much.

6. Emery

Emery

Ratings:
    +475
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Ho3n3r

Ho3n3r

Ratings:
    +1,493
  8. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +405
    Anybody having trouble with this? I have unpacked the .dll files in the correct folders, but still nothing appears on my screen. I got it to work a while ago but now it doesn't - any clue about what it could be?

9. tpw

tpw

Ratings:
    +154
    I'm in the same boat. When the driving starts there's a brief animation of a plug where the app should be, that's it.

10. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Ratings:
    +161
    I think you have to enable plugins in one of the in game menus.It say's something like "wait for plugins to start".

11. tpw

tpw

Ratings:
    +154
    Thanks mate, that did the trick!

Turns out I'd managed to get most of my car FFB multipliers pretty much spot on with no clipping just going by feel.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jake Fangio

Jake Fangio
    Please don't rain pleeaassee don't rain

Ratings:
    +161
    No worries mate.:thumbsup:

13. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium

Ratings:
    +405
    Does anybody know where to find something similar to this that works with DX11?

14. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +417
    Not yet no, hoping a community member makes something once Studio397 release instructions/details about the new plug in interface thingy, miss this app badly such a handy thing to have.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Paul Blythe

Paul Blythe

Ratings:
    +115
    Ahh... was hoping there'd be an app for rF2 to help with FFB clipping. Spent some time today tweaking the FFB in AC and R3E using the built in FFB displays, shame I can't do the same with rF2 yet :(

16. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,752
    It was a terrible decision, honestly - they deprecated DX9 with the old plugins and pretty much forced DX11 on everyone without offering an alternative. The FFB on the cars is all over the place and there's no way to know how it is actually set.

The only option is to switch the game to DX9 (which means mess with Steam and installing a different version of the game, even if the download is fairly minimal), install the old plugins, test and set the FFB (while experiencing various graphical glitches), remove the plugins and switch the game back to DX11. And do this for every car/track combo. That's just terrible.

17. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +417
    Actually you can use the DAMPlugin (found on the Official Forums) with Motec to see the FFB Clipping, whilst it's a workaround to see the Clipping Rates I wholeheartedly agree something Official in game would be much better & easier. Hopefully it will come one day.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,752
    I am aware of that option, but to be honest, when I tried looking into it, it just seemed like so much hassle for something you can't really see in real-time anyway if I understood it correctly it just felt easier to switch the game to DX9 for a while. Might be because I'm not very familiar with how that plugin works, of course.

19. MarcG

MarcG
    Premium

Ratings:
    +417
    Yeah if you're used to Motec and use it a lot then the FFB Clipping rate taken from the DAMPlugin is simply very handy, if you're unfamiliar with it then yes it will seem a bit too much just to get the visual clues to clipping.

20. Martin Fiala

Martin Fiala
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,752
    Well, I had some time tonight, so I went ahead and actually made the effort to get the DAMPlugin working. Very nice, though it would definitely be better if one could directly monitor the FFB while driving. But it's definitely still easier to work with than switching the game to DX9 once you get it all running. And I wish I knew how to use the other telemetry data to my advantage ;)

• Like Like x 1