FFB clipping app

Is there such an app for rF2? I believe I read it someone mentioned about it but that was some time ago, and couldn't find it. I also searched the mods section but couldn't find one. Thanks.

The only option is to switch the game to DX9 (which means mess with Steam and installing a different version of the game, even if the download is fairly minimal), install the old plugins, test and set the FFB (while experiencing various graphical glitches), remove the plugins and switch the game back to DX11. And do this for every car/track combo. That's just terrible.

I just replaced a Logitech G920 for a TS-PC Racer and ended up doing exactly that last weekend. Needless to say, extremely tedious to test/adjust dozens of cars but I knew I had to get it done and at least i got it over with.

If I had known about DAMPlugin....hmmm.....but then again i probably wouldn't have understood how to use it anyways :D

When installing a completely new wheel, FFBclip tool is not a luxury, it's a necessity. Wish S397 would give priority to it

but then again i probably wouldn't have understood how to use it anyways :D
It's actually pretty easy, it just seems kinda complicated at first. Installing the plugin is pretty straigthforward and the installer should do most of the work for you. Then you need to install the MoTeC software (i2 Pro) available on their website. Then just run the game one time so the plugin creates its own .ini file, enable the channel (controls_1) that includes Force Feedback in that file (and possibly set the plugin so it doesn't autostart each time you go on track - you can set a keyboard shortcut to start/stop logging data), and then just run the game again and do some laps with the plugin logging enabled. The plugin saves the telemetry data in a log file that you can directly analyze using the MoTeC software and see the FFB graph for that session.

Bit of a hassle, but at least you get the data in a fairly straightforward way without having to switch to a deprecated version of the game each time you want to adjust your FFB a bit.

I just replaced a Logitech G920 for a TS-PC Racer and ended up doing exactly that last weekend. Needless to say, extremely tedious to test/adjust dozens of cars but I knew I had to get it done and at least i got it over with.

If I had known about DAMPlugin....hmmm.....but then again i probably wouldn't have understood how to use it anyways :D

When installing a completely new wheel, FFBclip tool is not a luxury, it's a necessity. Wish S397 would give priority to it

Hello, I also have this steering wheel, you can, share some values of ffb, on different cars I thank you;)

Hello, I also have this steering wheel, you can, share some values of ffb, on different cars I thank you;)

Hi

Well, I have dozens of cars between official content and mods, but overall:

Wheel settings
Overall strength: 70
Constant: 100
Periodic: 100
Spring: 0
Damper: 0

In game:
FFB min torque: 3%
Smoothing: 0
And for what I can recall, the car specific FFB multiplier for most cars is between 0.90 and 1.00 but that value will depend on personal preferences, I personally don't like a super stiff wheel.

hello,
Wheel settings
Overall strength: 75
Constant: 100
Periodic: 100
Spring: 9
Damper: 0

here for the settings of thrustmaster,everything is a question of subjectivity.
the car specific FFB multiplier,I have more feeling between 0.95 and 1.00,very personal of course.
thanks you, for the comparison.

Yes, just install a different version of the game (takes a minute or two to do), set the graphics options (because they get reset), put the plugins in place, start the appropriate car and track combo (note that if you're preparing for an online race, you can't simply join the server as you'll be running a different version of the game, so you won't be allowed on the server), pray that it all works correctly in a deprecated version of the game (and likely suffer at least some graphics glitches in the process), do your testing, quit the game, remove the plugins, switch the game back to DX11 (takes a minute or two to do), set the graphics options (because they get reset), start the game and pray everything is back to how it was. And then realize you might want to drive a different car (or change the setup in a way that affects the FFB) and you may start from the beginning.

All that for a trivial piece of information (and setup) that should be available in any sim and that you don't even have to worry about in some of the other sims. Easy!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back