FFB clipping app

Is there such an app for rF2? I believe I read it someone mentioned about it but that was some time ago, and couldn't find it. I also searched the mods section but couldn't find one. Thanks.

It was a terrible decision, honestly - they deprecated DX9 with the old plugins and pretty much forced DX11 on everyone without offering an alternative. The FFB on the cars is all over the place and there's no way to know how it is actually set.

The only option is to switch the game to DX9 (which means mess with Steam and installing a different version of the game, even if the download is fairly minimal), install the old plugins, test and set the FFB (while experiencing various graphical glitches), remove the plugins and switch the game back to DX11. And do this for every car/track combo. That's just terrible.

The only option is to switch the game to DX9 (which means mess with Steam and installing a different version of the game, even if the download is fairly minimal), install the old plugins, test and set the FFB (while experiencing various graphical glitches), remove the plugins and switch the game back to DX11. And do this for every car/track combo. That's just terrible.

Actually you can use the DAMPlugin (found on the Official Forums) with Motec to see the FFB Clipping, whilst it's a workaround to see the Clipping Rates I wholeheartedly agree something Official in game would be much better & easier. Hopefully it will come one day.

Actually you can use the DAMPlugin (found on the Official Forums) with Motec to see the FFB Clipping
I am aware of that option, but to be honest, when I tried looking into it, it just seemed like so much hassle for something you can't really see in real-time anyway if I understood it correctly it just felt easier to switch the game to DX9 for a while. Might be because I'm not very familiar with how that plugin works, of course.

Yeah if you're used to Motec and use it a lot then the FFB Clipping rate taken from the DAMPlugin is simply very handy, if you're unfamiliar with it then yes it will seem a bit too much just to get the visual clues to clipping.

Well, I had some time tonight, so I went ahead and actually made the effort to get the DAMPlugin working. Very nice, though it would definitely be better if one could directly monitor the FFB while driving. But it's definitely still easier to work with than switching the game to DX9 once you get it all running. And I wish I knew how to use the other telemetry data to my advantage ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.9%