AC FF1 2015 @ Silverstone - Thu 26 Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
I love F1, but these cars I really hate:mad:. Those earlier and original versions of these cars was much much better. I mean before this fantasy season.

sorry you feel this way tbh! the general opinion was a huge success! there were some epic battles from 1st all the way down the field!

Well that was eventful...
I practised a bit the last couple of days, and though I hated the car at first, it finally grew on me, and eventually really enjoy it! I decided to not use TC or ABS, which didn't help, but makes it very rewarding going from not being able to do three corners to lap pretty consistently :)

I was pretty happy with the car during practice, and managed a decent quali lap in 11th or 12th I think, though I was still a second off my PB.

Then the race starts, lights are off, I was worried of messing up the start but managed a good launch, though the car in front of me didn't, so I passed it on the right. Then 30 metres later I was hit and spun off, damaging my wings and suspensions... Really pissed off, I limped back to the pits, the repairs took ages, I literally had time to play a bit of chess on my phone in the meantime :) Re-joined last, with most car one lap ahead already. Anyway, I put my chin up and went on to try to lap as consistently as possible, and by lap 14 I was back in P10! The medium tyres were feeling a bit worn, and I had enough margin with the car behind so I decided to pit. So far so good, but then AC.exe decided to crash, ending my race :(
I also lost the replay in the process, so I have no idea what happened at the start, I wouldn't mind if someone could tell me if was at fault or not.

So all in all, crappy race for me, but I really enjoyed the format :)
Thanks for organisingit !

Reactions: Si
sorry you feel this way tbh! the general opinion was a huge success! there were some epic battles from 1st all the way down the field!

Well, maybe hate is a little bit exaggerated, but I think these cars are too much on the edge all the time, or maybe it's a setup thing or I'm a bad driver:( I don't know.
Now almost everybody spun or crashed many times. If these cars were little bit more balanced races would be much more interesting,

Wow, amazing race. I had a bad start and I was surprised how I didn't collide with someone since I went off track and tried to join quickly, so apologies for that.

I saw a lot of people giving space on blue flags and from my view it was quite a clean race so kudos to everyone. Looking forward to the next race :)

Reactions: Si
Race results

Stats
Most consistent lap times: @Si (68% of their laps within 0.69 secs of their average)

Hunter: @IRobot (avg gap to car in front 1.35 secs)

Hunted: @Darien Bailey (avg gap to car behind 1.08 secs)

Busiest: @Darien Bailey (avg total gap in front and behind 14.02 secs)

Loneliest: @Dragos Haba (avg total gap in front and behind 74.14 secs)

How accurate is this tool? Cause I believe 98% of the race I was within 0.300 lap by lap?!

@Costi Trandafir according to simresults (1st link), you had the best consistency (98.81%). Aclogparser uses a different methodology to calculate the consistency, and that's why the 2 tools don't output the same result.

Since the majority liked the event, I will put another one for next Thursday. Spa or Mugello. I'll post a poll, so the choice is up to you.

@Akis This was a disaster for me although I had been badly waiting for this. In fact I was just going to ask you to organise a series of these events. Would be great fun and probably enable us to get a better grip on these cars. My vote goes to Spa, followed by Imola and then Nurburgring.

My feedback on the car: It's the car with the smallest margin of error of all cars available, obviously it feels difficult to understand and seems like nothing works.

For example for me the Default setup is stable, not fast, but stable, and you can practice with Default until you can handle the car without mistakes, after that you can change here and there.

The best thing about F1 cars from my opinion, is that the smallest change you do, you feel it from 1st corners, it gives the best feedback from all cars. I can't feel GT's as good as F1 cars, it takes me much more time to setup a GT car.

A negative POV would be that it's a very bouncy car, even tho it keeps the contact with the ground, it's uncomftarble to see the whole screen shaking like an earthquake and it doesn;t make you so confident taking sorten corners ( LUFFIELD corner and exit of Becketts )

I doubt I can race Thursday, working.

I actually enjoyed the race and the car. It is bouncy but I'm not so fast so not as much a problem for me. Don't expect to place well so I just enjoy the experience and it was a great one. I didn't use any assist and the car is stable enough with my setup. Obviously I was quite a bit off the pace but consistency and finishing are most important to me at this point and the setup works for that. Sorry if I got in the way of anyone but try to let lappers get by without incident. First time I used this car and will improve and glad that @Akis is having more events because that means it will be better every time. As @Costi Trandafir said, small changes make a big difference and that makes it fun to set up. By next week it should be better. Thanks to all and see you again soon!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back