AC FF1 2015 @ Silverstone - Thu 26 Feb 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Got 1:37.5 with the track at 100%. It's pretty cool to be able to look at actual onboard footage for reference :)
Indeed it is. I was watching his onboard lap and found that I am downshifting 1 gear lower to what he is doing at some corners, probably that is costing me. But do you have all your assists turned off?

did a little testing last night, my conclusion is: God knows how im going to do 26 laps! knackered after 3 laps at race pace!

Indeed it is. I was watching his onboard lap and found that I am downshifting 1 gear lower to what he is doing at some corners, probably that is costing me. But do you have all your assists turned off?
Yes, all assists off. I short shift quite a bit in the lower gears, and there is so much torque I actually keep a higher gear then he does in a couple of corner, just to be on the safe side :)

But do you have all your assists turned off?

I did around 40 or 50 laps and I do ~1.38 or ~1.39 with mediums on the laps I stay on track without assistances. And 2 seconds less when I use TC, as you have soooo much more grip out of the slow corners!

And as @Mathias André does, in most corners I am 1 gear above Rosberg. I also managed to find a set up that allows me to go over the kerbs (not on full throttle though). However I am still struggling a lot braking at Stowe, as the car bounces like hell if I stay on the left of the track.

I did around 40 or 50 laps and I do ~1.38 or ~1.39 with mediums on the laps I stay on track without assistances. And 2 seconds less when I use TC, as you have soooo much more grip out of the slow corners!

And as @Mathias André does, in most corners I am 1 gear above Rosberg. I also managed to find a set up that allows me to go over the kerbs (not on full throttle though). However I am still struggling a lot braking at Stowe, as the car bounces like hell if I stay on the left of the track.

I am doing 1:43 as of now on a green track with all assists off. I tried short shifting but I am losing a lot of power. Probably you can trail brake at Stowe, that helped me quite a bit.

Just done a 26 lap run. The medium tyres got down to 90% grip by the end and I needed 50L of fuel. It was still driveable probably because of the high downforce although the last couple of laps were a bit slidy. Hard tyres might be better choice unless you do a pitstop.

Just done a 26 lap run. The medium tyres got down to 90% grip by the end and I needed 50L of fuel. It was still driveable probably because of the high downforce although the last couple of laps were a bit slidy. Hard tyres might be better choice unless you do a pitstop.

I agree, I did 10 laps and tyres went down to 96%, then I span and finished my run, just when I was starting to feel the reduction on grip...

I am suspicious that Akis went for 26 laps because he thinks that over that distance, 1 stint on hards should take roughly the same time than racing with mediums and doing a pit stop...

@Akis I suppose DRS won't be allowed?
I don't see how you could enforce this - as far as I know it's not possible to disable DRS serverside.

Rosberg's qualy here last year was 1:35 something. I am 8 seconds off of that, on green track. Times anyone else? Inbox if it's not publicly allowed to post times.
Cheers.
With edgy quali setup I did 1:31.9. That setup however is far from what i'm comfortable with running 26 laps.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back