Ferrari Threaten F1 Exit in Light of New Liberty Media Plans

At

How so? They are only talking about wanting their engines badged as Ferrari to be made by Ferrari, I agree with them.
People slag off Formula E but have you seen how dire Motorsport is these days full stop!

Because they need privileges to compete? Because they complain about everything that isn’t what they propose?

Maybe they should rethink about having standard parts in their engine. It’s not like they are reliable neither they can top the game, even with their privileges.

They got to do a good (maybe the best) car this year but, as it has been since lot of years, their attitude manage to ruin it all. Fernando said it few years ago, they weren’t ready to win another championship. He looks to be right.

And I’m starting to think that all they have won is related to movements in the dark that has nothing to do with fair play...

But it’s just my opinion. And I like what Ferrari theorically represents. And I want a Ferrari too:inlove:

apex11

@Simberia
Because they need privileges to compete? Because they complain about everything that isn’t what they propose?

Maybe they should rethink about having standard parts in their engine. It’s not like they are reliable neither they can top the game, even with their privileges.

They got to do a good (maybe the best) car this year but, as it has been since lot of years, their attitude manage to ruin it all. Fernando said it few years ago, they weren’t ready to win another championship. He looks to be right.

And I’m starting to think that all they have won is related to movements in the dark that has nothing to do with fair play...

But it’s just my opinion. And I like what Ferrari theorically represents. And I want a Ferrari too:inlove:

lol.....
F1 is a load of rubbish, only people who buy all the rubbish about the 'pinnacle'. The best 22 drivers in the world are not all in F1....

wombat999

Premium
Actually Formula 1 is NOT a 'Sport', it's a 'Business'.
And to further discredit Formula 1 under the Poison Dwarf it has become 'Show Business'.
Marchionne is just another Corporate Bean Counter, who seems to believe in ruling by fear, a fatal flaw.
And 'Ferrari' did run an Indycar, albeit in a March chassis with it's power plant badged as 'Alfa Romeo', a resounding failure.
:geek:

Miss? F1 is dead without Ferrari. What team has the most fans, what team is most legendary, what team brings emotions to F1? And what is every driver dreaming about? Getting World Champion on a Ferrari! Many other teams come and go, Ferrari is still there. F1 is Ferrari, Ferrari is F1.

F1 is overrated anyway, Ferrari can do better without that white elephant.

Btw, surprised why the editor has to include so much bias.
This in part is setting the tone of the debate, not the actual news.

Anything for copy?

Last edited:
Liberty Media will end up watering down their proposals massively seeing as Renault and Mercedes are already said to be pretty much on the same page as Ferrari . And seeing as the 3 of them comprise the engines for all but one team on the grid they kinda hold all the cards . Personally I agree with Liberty Media and think it would be far fairer ( and better for the sport ) to see small teams give it a really good go . But since when are the big teams interested in fairness . They just want utter dominance . But just like any other form of selfish greediness it'll eventually come back to haunt them because that sort of behavior will only end up damaging the very sport that theyre trying to dominate . Greedy people only see the small picture though , hence the term ' blind greed ' .

F1 for car manufacturers is a big opportunity to invest in research & development.
Current hybrid engines layout gives big green fields of new opportunity to improve engine efficiency. The monstre efficiency of 50% has been reached this year thanks to the MGU-H. And we're going to see the technology developed this year in F1 in the road cars of the next 5 years with better efficiency and better electric energy storage technology.
Liberty Media ideas to make stock parts of the engine is the first step devolve F1 to Formula Indy, killing the technological supremacy of the F1, and much of its appeal.
Eventually Ferrari will not leave F1, but Marchionne has some points.

Ok, Ferrari have been in F1 since it's birth in 1950; but the history of GP racing goes much further back than that.
F1 will survive without Ferrari and that's for sure.

Ferrari needs F1 much more than the other way round. They will stay. Who really believes they are serious about leaving F1? Remember the Ferrari 637 episode in the 80s when Ferrari threatend to leave F1 and race in the IndyCar series? Yeah, guess so.
But they did built a car to the then Indy format that was quite a costly bluff if it had failed. But Ferrari and the tantrums are so long in the tooth , that some body needs to put them in their place , that was only going to happen after the old guard was removed from running F1.
Ferrari are not the be all & end all of F1 it would move forwards with out them , not sure if the same could be said for Ferrari , they are no longer the Kings of F1 have been soundly beaten by Mercedes now for five year in a row , just like they were beaten before by Red Bull .

I still thing Ferrari would be better off in LMP racing than F1 if hey could build a winning car that is & with out bending the rules to suit themselves.
People would have more respect for them if the did some constructive talking towards a working format for all & not just for them.
I am glad to see they are not been favored anymore both in the amount of money they got from F1 or by the new runners of F1.
The big teams have money a plenty , so for me the profits from F1 should be shared out favoring the lower teams in an attempt to improve their racing programs & help them move forwards up the grid & not just pocketed by Team awash with cash.

Good riddance...
Please make it happen, I won't miss that spoiled brat who regularly lays on the floor screaming because it's not getting the toys it wants.
This is Ferrari as far as I'm concerned:

I read the article that Ferrari are not alone, Mercedes were right with them , inc a few other not named top teams. Frankly, the article explains that the new regulations, and the " NASCAR" type of format Liberty want, does not suit Ferrari Brand, not its F1 brand, but it's core , cars, Italian design and USA design are chalk and cheese, a lot of USA cars are muscle point and squirt cars, or very least round and round, it's suit them, like baseball does, but in Europe it's about monza, spa, Silverstone, and football. ( played with feet and a ball, not an egg) ,

There is a place for liberty plans, but it it takes away Ferrari brand of Marquee cars, why would they stay. " start your engines" and prancing out waving through fanfare isn't Grand Prix.

F1 isn't what I was, it lacks James Hunts, Niki Lauda, Gilles Villeneuve,Ronnie Peterson, and more, of the past, and the "men" of the sport,
We now have " roman Grossjean" and smart hair do's , gold chains, and probably lipstick. And Halo's! ffs.

Just my opinion, and like the rest, it won't count. $ Rules.

Last edited:
R

ronniej

• ronniej

This is a business before anything else. Sports is secondary in relevance, even if due to the emotional appeal many will disagree on this statement. But when it is business, then money talks.

They will decide according to what their business numbers tell them.
Agreed, however, in the good 'ol days, I believe it was both sport and business combined as it was "the" motorsport to be in regardless.

*I'm not sure what the point of F1 is now...Does anyone else know? (I guess just to see how fast a car can go down a track, but it has lost it's appeal..For me anyways)

So if they leave next time AC Ferrari celebration DLC no F1 anymore....:geek::geek::confused::confused::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i'm playing Euro truck sim 2, huge map mods with Ferrari mods, i love it...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Liberty may well end up turning F1 into Cart, almost killing it and then selling it back to the Eccelstone's for a quarter of what they paid :)

WHy so many haters of ferrari brand? i assume that is an english speaking forum, so you could get in every inches of hate caused by being beaten in every records.
Calm down guys. See the picture of data. F1 is Ferrari. Most winning, most pole, most championship, most start. Pretty much "most of everything". F1 could not afford to lose Ferrari. Your hate is here to show that

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 81 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 28.0%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 69 16.2%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 36 8.5%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 42 9.9%
  • €3001-5000