• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Misc Ferrari 488 GT3 light config 2.1

Car additions ( lights / turning signals / lumirank ... )

1. M4MKey

M4MKey

Ratings:
    +182
    M4MKey submitted a new resource:

Ferrari 488 GT3 light config - Car additions ( lights / turning signals / lumirank ... )

Read more about this resource...

2. M4MKey

M4MKey

Ratings:
    +182
  3. Dinga

Dinga

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much - these are superb!! Been following this on discord and waiting for release. I have some suggestions which I think may(or may not-you've maybe tried already!!) to make things even better.

1. If the textures contained in 488_lights.kn5 are made black with a black alpha - would that render them completely transparent? If so you could reduce the texture to a 8x8 or 4x4 dds and the cars that don't have the Lumirank panel or LED strips would appear untouched by this mod. I've tried turning them off and deleting the textures in skin folders, but they obviously then return to the default textures in the .kn5 file.
    2. The number_light.dds is way too big (for my liking anyway). To get around this, I've resized it to 1024x1024 from a 4K skin saving 20MB of rendering. This also has an added benefit of slightly blurring the texture, adding to the effect of real lights.

One question - will it be easy to merge these mods with the endulights by Xela1?

Once again, thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

4. M4MKey

M4MKey

Ratings:
    +182
    So... :)

Not sure what textures you are talking about in the first sentence. But if you render something completely transparent, it can't carry emissive light.
    For LUMIRANK panel, if you don't want them, try to edit the three lumirank.dds and put them in black with alpha ( DXT3 or 5 ), this could work.

2 / Number_light.dds is heavy indeed, I don't like how poorly rendered it look on lower resolution and I also agree that's a bit of a pain to have to have all the car skin in it. But as you did, you can always downsize ^^

3 / Merging with Xela can indeed work, you have to put his extra code into the ext_config. Simple as that :)
    ( I'm using his endu light btw )

5. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +564
    Configs work on a per-skin basis; if you don't want the lumirank on a skin, can't you just remove that from the config file and put it in the skin's folder?

6. M4MKey

M4MKey

Ratings:
    +182
    I haven't though about this.. i'm so dumb. Yeah ! That should do it ! I'll make some tests later on :)

7. Cleopatrajewell

Cleopatrajewell

Ratings:
    +3
    i installed correct but no led stripes :( etc

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  8. M4MKey

M4MKey

Ratings:
    +182
  9. M4MKey

M4MKey

Ratings:
    +182
  10. ApocalypsePlease0

ApocalypsePlease0

Ratings:
    +1
    upload_2019-6-17_22-35-37.png

I want to change the interior light color and brightness. Now I see the color line, but there are 4 values and I don't know which color system uses this?
    Which value do I change brightness with?

11. M4MKey

M4MKey

Ratings:
    +182
    So it's R,G,B and intensity

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marcelo Colombo

Marcelo Colombo

Ratings:
    +1
    Definitely my game crash when I copy the folders inside the car mod and try to go to the race. Any video to exemplify the installation?

13. Eifion Evans

Eifion Evans

Ratings:
    +127
    Sorry for the noob question, but is Content Manager and Custom Shader Patch all that's required for these extra illuminations or is there a additional mod required?

14. M4MKey

M4MKey

Ratings:
    +182
    CSP and CM should be enough :)

15. ApocalypsePlease0

ApocalypsePlease0

Ratings:
    +1
    That should be fine

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.