Resource icon

Misc Ferrari 488 GT3 light config 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
M4MKey submitted a new resource:

Ferrari 488 GT3 light config - Car additions ( lights / turning signals / lumirank ... )

What's that ?
That mod adds several new illumination for the car and lets you customize it at you free will.

What is in ?
- Turning signals for the car
- Numberplate on doors illuminated at night
- 5 different layouts of led stripes
- Lumirank on windscreen showing car number
- 7 skins already coded to give as much examples as possible

How to install ?
1 / Unpack the whole archive into content\cars\ks_ferrari_488_gt3

How to do mine ?
There's a readme in the...

Read more about this resource...

Thanks very much - these are superb!! Been following this on discord and waiting for release. I have some suggestions which I think may(or may not-you've maybe tried already!!) to make things even better.

1. If the textures contained in 488_lights.kn5 are made black with a black alpha - would that render them completely transparent? If so you could reduce the texture to a 8x8 or 4x4 dds and the cars that don't have the Lumirank panel or LED strips would appear untouched by this mod. I've tried turning them off and deleting the textures in skin folders, but they obviously then return to the default textures in the .kn5 file.
2. The number_light.dds is way too big (for my liking anyway). To get around this, I've resized it to 1024x1024 from a 4K skin saving 20MB of rendering. This also has an added benefit of slightly blurring the texture, adding to the effect of real lights.

One question - will it be easy to merge these mods with the endulights by Xela1?

Once again, thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

So... :)

Not sure what textures you are talking about in the first sentence. But if you render something completely transparent, it can't carry emissive light.
For LUMIRANK panel, if you don't want them, try to edit the three lumirank.dds and put them in black with alpha ( DXT3 or 5 ), this could work.

2 / Number_light.dds is heavy indeed, I don't like how poorly rendered it look on lower resolution and I also agree that's a bit of a pain to have to have all the car skin in it. But as you did, you can always downsize ^^

3 / Merging with Xela can indeed work, you have to put his extra code into the ext_config. Simple as that :)
( I'm using his endu light btw )

Thanks very much - these are superb!! Been following this on discord and waiting for release. I have some suggestions which I think may(or may not-you've maybe tried already!!) to make things even better.

1. If the textures contained in 488_lights.kn5 are made black with a black alpha - would that render them completely transparent? If so you could reduce the texture to a 8x8 or 4x4 dds and the cars that don't have the Lumirank panel or LED strips would appear untouched by this mod. I've tried turning them off and deleting the textures in skin folders, but they obviously then return to the default textures in the .kn5 file.
2. The number_light.dds is way too big (for my liking anyway). To get around this, I've resized it to 1024x1024 from a 4K skin saving 20MB of rendering. This also has an added benefit of slightly blurring the texture, adding to the effect of real lights.

One question - will it be easy to merge these mods with the endulights by Xela1?

Once again, thanks a lot and keep up the good work!

So... :)

Not sure what textures you are talking about in the first sentence. But if you render something completely transparent, it can't carry emissive light.
For LUMIRANK panel, if you don't want them, try to edit the three lumirank.dds and put them in black with alpha ( DXT3 or 5 ), this could work.

2 / Number_light.dds is heavy indeed, I don't like how poorly rendered it look on lower resolution and I also agree that's a bit of a pain to have to have all the car skin in it. But as you did, you can always downsize ^^

3 / Merging with Xela can indeed work, you have to put his extra code into the ext_config. Simple as that :)
( I'm using his endu light btw )

Configs work on a per-skin basis; if you don't want the lumirank on a skin, can't you just remove that from the config file and put it in the skin's folder?

upload_2019-6-17_22-35-37.png

I want to change the interior light color and brightness. Now I see the color line, but there are 4 values and I don't know which color system uses this?
Which value do I change brightness with?

Sorry for the noob question, but is Content Manager and Custom Shader Patch all that's required for these extra illuminations or is there a additional mod required?

I have a problem that the Windows turn red. Just like the exhaust.
If I go into the Config of the extensions folder and

[INCLUDE_...] ; Improved exhaust glow position and lighting ......

remove it , it is ok.

Only I have the problem?

Then another question, how can I deactivate the interior lights?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 82 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.4%